Soundtracks?

Stoo

026_blackjack has part of the Congo opening bookend at 0:16-0:33. Not sure about the rest yet.

InexorableTash said:
so far, all of the game tracks have been complete and uncut matches to the episodes.
frenchport2 could very well be from 2 different sources. As for an Old Indy index page, no, just what is up on YouTube so far. (Not sure what you mean, though. Indexing what, exactly?:confused:)

A quick tally of all the available music. Anything missing?

-Original Soundtracks (4)
-Curt Sobel promo
-Laurence Roshenthal's "Music For Television"
-Steve Bramson website
-"Best of the West"
-End credits, original broadcasts
-End credits, DVDs
-End credits, DVD documentaries
-LEGO video game
-DVD video games (3)

...and last, but not least, Satellite 1's Young Indy rap!:p

T.E.Lawrence

Stoo said:
026_blackjack has part of the Congo opening bookend at 0:16-0:33. Not sure about the rest yet.

frenchport2 could very well be from 2 different sources. As for an Old Indy index page, no, just what is up on YouTube so far. (Not sure what you mean, though. Indexing what, exactly?:confused:)

-Original Soundtracks (4)
-Curt Sobel promo
-Laurence Roshenthal's "Music For Television"
-Steve Bramson website
-"Best of the West"
-End credits, original broadcasts
-End credits, DVDs
-End credits, DVD documentaries
-LEGO video game
-DVD video games (3)

...and last, but not least, Satellite 1's Young Indy rap!:p

I sent to noble-knight Tash few days ago additional source:

FILM WORKS - Joel McNeely - 2 CD's

Altough there is nothing new there that is not unreleased (in the sense of Young Indy) the 1st track is from Young Indy and it is a compilation edit of different McNeely Indy themes...it is long somewhere between 10-12 minutes.

InexorableTash

Stoo said:
As for an Old Indy index page, no, just what is up on YouTube so far. (Not sure what you mean, though. Indexing what, exactly?:confused:)

An index mapping from YIJC episode to Old Indiana Jones episode. i.e. if I'm looking for the original promo for Congo 1917, what episode do I watch on StooTV ?

Stoo said:

* Possible placeholder for "Staff of Kings" - a forum post indicated that they've mined YIJC again. Since no PC release is planned, getting the tracks could prove interesting.

* There's a really bad re-recording of the YIJC theme on iTunes/Amazon ("The Best TV Themes of the '90s" and so forth)

* I've read rumors of a Frederic Talgorn promo CD, but was never able to track it down.

Thorpe

Wish some other orchestras would have a pop at the various themes from Young Indy. There's some pretty cool ones.

InexorableTash

InexorableTash said:
026_blackjack must be from "Oganga" as well ...

Confirmed:

Hunting For Treasure / 026_blackjack-2
German East Africa 1916 (Broadcast) "Staten Island, April 1992 (Part 1)"

(now I just have to agonize over what order to put everything in for my personal playlist)

This really only leaves:
Special Delivery / IndyCredits-1 (awesome track, I'm flabbergasted we can't nail it down)
Special Delivery / medcamp-1 (waltz or similar very classical movement)

Stoo

Thanks for posting the extra sources, T.E. and Tash. I had forgotten about "Staff of Kings" and had heard that iTunes version before. Isn't it a ring tone? You're right, it's bad (but not to be excluded)!:D

InexorableTash said:
An index mapping from YIJC episode to Old Indiana Jones episode. i.e. if I'm looking for the original promo for Congo 1917, what episode do I watch on StooTV ?
The promo was at the end of German East Africa, 1916 (which I have not uploaded) but I think you mean bookend, right? In any case, it looks like you found it but here's the breakdown (should probably do this in the Old Indy thread...) They follow the broadcast order:

Part 1 - Curse of the Jackal
Part 2 - London 1916, British East Africa 1909, Verdun 1916
Part 3 - Austria 1917, Somme 1916, Germany 1916
Part 4 - German East Africa 1916, Congo 1917
Part 5 - Barcelona 1917
Part 6 - Chicago 1920, Chicago 1920 (Blues), Princeton 1916
Part 7 - New York City 1920, New York City 1920 (Scandal)
to be continued...

(Just in case you didn't know, the title cards with the '90 dates & locations are fake, created for the OIJC.;))

Inexorable Tash said:
Special Delivery / IndyCredits-1 (awesome track, I'm flabbergasted we can't nail it down)
This one has been bugging me since the LEGO tracks. Part of the beginning (the flourish) is in LEGO's CastleMidtro2. As for playlist order...why, chronologically, of course!:)

Jono11

Forgive me if I'm being dumb, but I can't seem to find the tracklist you guys have assembled. Is there a link to it somewhere?

I think what you guys are doing is awesome, by the way. I've been trying to find more music from Young Indy for quite awhile now.

InexorableTash

Jono11 - see comments #59, #60 and #63 on the thread for background on what we're talking about, and #69 for the link to the comprehensive list/analysis. If you have the Young Indiana Jones DVD collections and a Windows computer you should be able to follow along.

Speaking of such things, I found one more track:

The Interactive Bonus Feature DVDs in each volume contain a web-based Timeline that includes 128kbps mp3s one track of unreleased (I think) audio:

\common\Timeline\yiAssets\mp3\bgAudio.mp3 (3:33 @ 128kbps)

Last edited:

Jono11

InexorableTash said:
Jono11 - see comments #59, #60 and #63 on the thread for background on what we're talking about, and #69 for the link to the comprehensive list/analysis. If you have the Young Indiana Jones DVD collections and a Windows computer you should be able to follow along.
I've been following along with what you're doing, I just seem to have missed the link to the list. And I don't have the DVD collections yet. Working on making that happen, but I keep myself very financially disciplined. Not because I'm just that anal, but because if I don't I'll spend myself broke. So, it's on the list, but I don't have it yet.

By the way, this forum is the best thing that's ever happened. I think I've already said that about seven times today, but that's only because it's true.

InexorableTash

T.E.Lawrence said:
FILM WORKS - Joel McNeely - 2 CD's

For the paranoid, here's what the Young Indy themes track contains:

00:00 - 00:59 - Verdun 1916 - "Race to the Front"
00:59 - 04:04 - New York 1920 - "Meeting Peggy/New York Arrival"
04:04 - 07:22 - German East Africa 1916 - "Desert Trek"
07:22 - 10:14 - Ireland 1916 - "Celtic Love"
10:14 - 12:40 - Phantom Train of Doom - "The Old and the Bold"

Stoo

InexorableTash said:
Speaking of such things, I found one more track:

The Interactive Bonus Feature DVDs in each volume contain a web-based Timeline that includes 128kbps mp3s one track of unreleased (I think) audio:

\common\Timeline\yiAssets\mp3\bgAudio.mp3 (3:33 @ 128kbps)
Didn't even think of looking there. Great! Thanks for the path because the timeline nor the games don't seem compatible with Windows Vista and my regular computer is being repaired.:mad:

Just listened to it and the first two sections are the same as some of the other LEGO and documentary tracks. The 3rd section is the real Easter egg. Nice find!

Jono11 said:
By the way, this forum is the best thing that's ever happened. I think I've already said that about seven times today, but that's only because it's true.
It's pretty cool. Welcome to The Raven.:hat:

InexorableTash

Just so folks know...

While The Raven was offline, Stoo and I made a fair amount of progress in identifying the unreleased Young Indy tracks from LEGO Indiana Jones, DVD credits, and the Young Indy games on the Bonus DVDs. We started to tackle the Big Project alluded to earlier in the thread: a complete cue list for the series. It's in one of the Google Spreadsheets linked to earlier in the thread, if you'd like to take a peek:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rQGOfeCiIk2g5kn74Y8lyWg

We're slowly working our way through the episodes trying to identify cues and sources. So far we've tracked down approximately 90 minutes of unreleased music. Since most of it is from only a handful of episodes, there are only a handful of tracks remaining that we've yet to place.

Stoo's off on vacation for a week (lucky devil!). If anyone wants to contribute, we could use a hand with identifying the time indexes for tracks on the original four soundtrack albums (OSTs). It's pretty easy - fire up the DVD, and when you hear a familiar bit from the OST, jot down the time on the DVD and the time in the OST track. Note that they're often scrambled a bit. Take a look at the spreadsheet - it should be pretty self-explanatory.

PM me if you want edit permissions on the spreadsheet.

fommes

Wow! Spectacular work! Really, you guys are awesome.

I'm afraid I'm still too tied up in June, but should be able to help early July and late August. I'll try and contribute a sort of editing guide then, on the basis of your truly excellent stylesheet!

InexorableTash

Maybe 10 minutes in addition to the 90ish we have already identified? I'm referring to the sources mentioned earlier in the thread where we have unreleased tracks with little or no SFX or dialogue. The remaining unidentified tracks are a handful of episode/documentary credits, a few minute plus chunks of audio from games, and then a handful of 20-30 second snippets.

Stoo

InexorableTash said:
While The Raven was offline, Stoo and I made a fair amount of progress in identifying the unreleased Young Indy tracks from LEGO Indiana Jones, DVD credits, and the Young Indy games on the Bonus DVDs. We started to tackle the Big Project alluded to earlier in the thread: a complete cue list for the series. It's in one of the Google Spreadsheets linked to earlier in the thread, if you'd like to take a peek:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rQGOfeCiIk2g5kn74Y8lyWg
That was a blast, Tash. It's a pleasure collaborating with you.:hat: Did you buy the "Staff of Kings" game yet? Curious to know if there's anything new or if it rehashes the Young Indy tracks from the LEGO game? About the remaining, unidentified stuff: I think there is much more than 10 minutes.(y) There's just so much material to go through...
fommes said:
I'm afraid I'm still too tied up in June, but should be able to help early July and late August. I'll try and contribute a sort of editing guide then, on the basis of your truly excellent stylesheet!
FYI, Tash's notes are in red and mine are green. Confirmed tracks are black. When you're ready, pick a colour! Any suggestions you have on making it as coherent as possible are welcome.:D

Stoo

I don't have "Staff of Kings" yet but couldn't resist watching some YouTube clips and there is definitely some Young Indy music on the Wii version. The Panama jungle has the bistro guitar from "Barcelona" and when Indy is shooting the enemy from a distance in the Panama temple, it's the assault on Gaza from "Daredevils". There's some "Hawkmen"-ish type music in the Sudan exterior and perhaps a bit from "Austria" in a Nepal cut-scene. The intro menu track is curious as well.

Anyone notice anything else?

dr.jones1986

Stoo said:
I don't have "Staff of Kings" yet but couldn't resist watching some YouTube clips and there is definitely some Young Indy music on the Wii version. The Panama jungle has the bistro guitar from "Barcelona" and when Indy is shooting the enemy from a distance in the Panama temple, it's the assault on Gaza from "Daredevils". There's some "Hawkmen"-ish type music in the Sudan exterior and perhaps a bit from "Austria" in a Nepal cut-scene. The intro menu track is curious as well.

Anyone notice anything else?

i thought i noticed some Young Indy music in Istanbul...which would make sense since he visited Istanbul in that series. I liked that Spanish sounding theme in Panama...makes sense its from the Barcelona episode.

InexorableTash

Just FYI, the track analysis continues, although both Stoo and I have been distracted by other things.

Today I tracked down a couple of additional tracks:

"Wrong Compartment" (Austria 1917)
DVD Time Index 0:14:21
From LEGO Indiana Jones LC_ESCAPE_C_QUI @ 1:06-1:45

"Stories Concerning Antiquities" (Treasure of the Peacock's Eye)
DVD Time Index 0:08:52
From DVD Interactive Timeline - bgAudio 2:22-3:32

The unidentified portion of bgAudio (1:24-2:20) is extremely similar to parts of Peacock's Eye (especially the part in the museum at Alexandria) but I can't find an exact match. It's possible it's recycled from another episode (which would be odd for a Bramson-scored episode).

medcamp-1 still eludes me and is driving me batty - I'm wondering if it's the opening bookend for an episode that Stoo hasn't put on the YouTube yet. Those and the second half of LC_AIRSHIP_B_QUI and the first minute of TD_FREETHESLAVES_B_QUI are the tracks at the top of my hit list.

InexorableTash

Heh, I knew that posting "I can't find blah" would work:

"This Will Never Work" Attack of the Hawkmen
DVD Time Index 0:03:19
From Young Indy DVD Game: Special Delivery: medcamp-1 @ 0:17-1:48

This is the first of the DVD game tracks that is split. Hawkmen never had a bookend, but was the intro more abrupt in the TV airing, perhaps? That preamble does sound a lot like Vienna 1908 though...

PS: Does anyone find this dialog from London 1916 very unsettling?

Indy: "Is that a Zeppelin?"
Vicky: "No, it's a time-traveler from the twenty-first century coming to see if we're all right."

I mean, sure, Vicky is well read and everything, but the potential for conspiracy theories from that line is astounding. If you discount the bookends, you could imagine quite the fanwank story there. :)