Young Indy Reference in KOTCS?

Mr.MojoRisin

I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see a referance to the Young Indy series in the new movie. Maybe have him talk to Remy on the phone, or even a picture on a mantle of a younger Indy. Is it too much to ask?

Adamwankenobi

I've brought this up before, as I too would love to see KOTCS make references to YIJC. With the involvement of the Soviets in KOTCS, I would expect Indy's history as a spy to be brought up. I also hope his diary/journal to makes an appearance.

Lucas did something similar with the Star Wars prequels, which made numerous references to the Droids cartoon series from the 80s.

Michael24

Didn't one of the OS behind-the-scenes videos show a picture or something from a Young Indy episode sitting on a shelf in his home? Would be cool to see that picture of little Indy, T.E. Lawrence, and Miss. Seymour sitting in the background somewhere. :)

Adamwankenobi

Michael24 said:
Didn't one of the OS behind-the-scenes videos show a picture or something from a Young Indy episode sitting on a shelf in his home?

It's a picture of one of the Egyptian pyramids. Myself and several others have speculated that it's supposed to be from Egypt adventure in the YIJC pilot episode. Might not be an actual image from the episode, but is supposed to represent that.

vlcsnap-90133.png

Also, Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide shows a table of Indy's personal artifacts. It points out a pair of binoculars that he received from Theodore Roosevelt in YIJC (though this seems to create a continuity error with the episode being referenced).

Last edited:

Crack that whip

I'm hoping those photos scattered here and there throughout his home of his earlier days with various old friends and acquaintances (as seen in the behind-the-scenes production design video on the OS concerning the set for his circa-'50s home) include ones of Remy, Miss Seymour, etc. Not that I expect lingering close-ups of all this stuff in the movie, of course, but it'd be nice to know it's there.

Doesn't the Ultimate Guide include photos of his desk, study, office, from the new movie showing items from the show among his belongings? I haven't seen the book yet (arrr, one more week to avoid peeking at everything in bookstores... - though I actually haven't found this particular book anywhere yet, BTW)...

(edit to acknowledge AWK's clearly-simultaneously-written preceding post dealing with questions in my own, while being too lazy to actually rewrite or omit my question)

Stoo

ultraman7k said:
In KotCS, at least in the novelization...
Yee-HAW! Somehow I doubt this line will be in the film but if it is, some TRUE fans may soon be eating their words!

Sankara

I don't think this line is in the movie - so... ther is NO reference to "Young Indy" in "Indy 4"...

Yee-HAW!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
That's because you upset that a certain "fact" of yours was completely wrong. : P

Mutt IS the son of Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood and has been confirmed by the official novel, Topps Cards and Indy Magazine
Ha-ha!

At least you said, "I don't think"....;)

Sankara

At least I said, Hurt is not Abner, the beginning takes places the same time like the rest of the movie, there is marriage between Indy and Marion... and-and-and...

And : I said we have tp pray that Mutt is not Idy's son...

(y)

But: We have to wait... I will see "Indy 4" on NEXT Monday (!!!) :D

tupogirl

Agh...Too. Much. Info.

Brain. Overloading.

LOL! I got a coloring book at the Dollar Tree the other day though and broke it out and think I may know too much that way as well.

Oh. I would love to see his cod piece from Barcelona still hanging around. That would crack me up.

Avilos

It would be great if that line is in the movie. But I wonder what the context is?

The type of reference I would be happy with would be simply if Indy's says he is a Jazz fan. Like if Mutt talks about how great Rock N Roll is and Indy would mention its roots in Jazz and Blues. That would be cool.

Adamwankenobi

Avilos said:
It would be great if that line is in the movie. But I wonder what the context is?

The type of reference I would be happy with would be simply if Indy's says he is a Jazz fan. Like if Mutt talks about how great Rock N Roll is and Indy would mention its roots in Jazz and Blues. That would be cool.

Or maybe his love of baseball:

Mutt: "I uh, noticed that basebal trophy on your desk. I didn't know squares like you had time for that kind of stuff."

Indy: "Yeah, when I was young I was on my high school baseballl team... look kid, I once traded some cards to Leo Tolstoy."

Mutt: "Who's that?"

Indy: "Didn't you ever go to English class?"

Mutt: "Well yeah, but-"

Indy: "History class?"

Mutt: "Yeah. Now about those crystal skulls..."

;)

tupogirl

I was so distracted earlier that I forgot that I kept thinking this. Mutt's bike *totally* makes me think of the bike Indy rode in Verdun. Plus that connects with LC.

Adamwankenobi

tupogirl said:
I was so distracted earlier that I forgot that I kept thinking this. Mutt's bike *totally* makes me think of the bike Indy rode in Verdun. Plus that connects with LC.

I've thought of that as well. I know that they had the bike specifically made, so maybe the Verdun look was what they were going for.

tupogirl

Adamwankenobi said:
I've thought of that as well. I know that they had the bike specifically made, so maybe the Verdun look was what they were going for.

That is very awesome!!!!

Also your baseball chat cracked me up.