scan0019-1.jpg

scan0020-1.jpg

scan0021-1.jpg

scan0022-1.jpg

scan0023-1.jpg

scan0024-1.jpg

scan0025-1.jpg

MDew

Okay I was inspired by the other amazing artwork on here to dust off the ol' pencils and go to work. Sorry if this gets a little image-crazy...

cards1.jpg

cards2b.jpg

cards3.jpg

BTW, here is the blank template for the "sketchpad" I made. Nice work everybody, keep 'em coming! (y)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
MDew said:
Okay I was inspired by the other amazing artwork on here to dust off the ol' pencils and go to work. Sorry if this gets a little image-crazy...

Excellent work. Love it.

indyclone25

MDew said:

cards1.jpg

cards2b.jpg

cards3.jpg

BTW, here is the blank template for the "sketchpad" I made. Nice work everybody, keep 'em coming! (y)
wow , very nice !!!! , my wife says i need to just do the pencils and stay away from the inks , i think i was using the wrong size pen , i was using a .08 when i should be using a .03 or .02 to ink the cards . i will be domore soon , but have been busy seeling cards on ebay , i have been doing superman the movie sketch cards and bladerunner and they have been selling quite well . , but ti did sell my other young indy cards tho, the attack of the hawkmen i didnt posy on ebay , because i knew in my gut they could be better .

MDew

indyclone25 said:
wow , very nice !!!! , my wife says i need to just do the pencils and stay away from the inks , i think i was using the wrong size pen , i was using a .08 when i should be using a .03 or .02 to ink the cards . i will be domore soon , but have been busy seeling cards on ebay , i have been doing superman the movie sketch cards and bladerunner and they have been selling quite well . , but ti did sell my other young indy cards tho, the attack of the hawkmen i didnt posy on ebay , because i knew in my gut they could be better .

Thanks, yeah I tried finishing a few in pens but I'm always way too paranoid about messing up. I find that scanning at each step creates a good "save point." Still, I'd like to try a few quick caricatures out to see if I've still got it.

Here's a few more I whipped out yesterday:
cards4k.jpg

cards5.jpg

indyclone25

MDew said:
Thanks, yeah I tried finishing a few in pens but I'm always way too paranoid about messing up. I find that scanning at each step creates a good "save point." Still, I'd like to try a few quick caricatures out to see if I've still got it.

Here's a few more I whipped out yesterday:
cards4k.jpg

cards5.jpg
wow , awesome

InexorableTash

Amazing work!

And happy 20th, Young Indy fans! (I'm glad theRaider.net made it back up in time, at least in this time zone.)

phantom train

Great pics.! I don't have anything to add since I'm no artist, but I appreciate these posts.

And of course, Happy Anniversary to the YIJC. I remember seeing "YIJ and the Curse of the Jackal" 20 years ago as if it were yesterday....

indyclone25

MDew said:
Cool, nice to see YIJC getting some recognition elsewhere. Something I've always wanted to do was take a crack at poster designs for the episodes that never got the Struzan/Butkus treatment. So...here goes! First up, Scandals:

scandalssketchsmallest.jpg
very nice!
love the way it came out

indyclone25

MDew said:
Cool, nice to see YIJC getting some recognition elsewhere. Something I've always wanted to do was take a crack at poster designs for the episodes that never got the Struzan/Butkus treatment. So...here goes! First up, Scandals:

scandalssketchsmallest.jpg
very nice!
love the way it came out

MDew

Nice work, Junior! ;) I wasn't too pleased with the direction my coloring job was going so I opted for a more stylized look:
scandalsartdecosmall.jpg