Indy has a daughter?

Adamwankenobi

I've never seen the bookends for "Peking, March 1910", but the IMDb lists the characters Caroline, Annie, and Harry Jones for that episode. I've heard that Annie and Harry are Indy's grandkids, so that leaves Caroline, who the IMDb says was played by a "Candy Aston". Could this be the daughter? Stoo, I assume you've seen these bookends, so does she look like the same actress who played the daughter in "Ireland, April 1916"?

Whipper

Could this be the daughter? Stoo, I assume you've seen these bookends, so does she look like the same actress who played the daughter in "Ireland, April 1916"?
I haven't seen that one in too long to tell ya for sure, but I seem to remember a bookend for that episode taking place during Thanksgiving dinner.

Given that Old Indy has a daughter, who do you think is the mother?
3/16/04 - 3/23/04
Marion Ravenwood 55%
Willie Scott 11%
Someone else 34%

George Lucas's Mom! You can see her picture in the living room.

Ska

Adamwankenobi said:
I've never seen the bookends for "Peking, March 1910", but the IMDb lists the characters Caroline, Annie, and Harry Jones for that episode. I've heard that Annie and Harry are Indy's grandkids, so that leaves Caroline, who the IMDb says was played by a "Candy Aston". Could this be the daughter? Stoo, I assume you've seen these bookends, so does she look like the same actress who played the daughter in "Ireland, April 1916"?

Candy Aston-Dennis, per IMDB, was also in the Sixth Sense as "Anna's Mother"...but I can't find any pics of her on the internet...and haven't seen that movie in years to know what Anna's mother looked like.

Junior Jones

Adamwankenobi said:

The bookends for "Peking" are intriguing and frustrating at the same time. It's Thanksgiving Dinner and there are about a dozen people around the table, but most don't have lines. Who are they all? Some call Indy "dad", and the kids call him "grandpa". But there are very few clues about who's related how, who are the in-laws, etc.

Indy Smith

Junior Jones said:
The bookends for "Peking" are intriguing and frustrating at the same time. It's Thanksgiving Dinner and there are about a dozen people around the table, but most don't have lines. Who are they all? Some call Indy "dad", and the kids call him "grandpa". But there are very few clues about who's related how, who are the in-laws, etc.

Indy got around and had a lot of illigitmate kids :p

Adamwankenobi

Junior Jones said:

Wow. I must see that! :eek:

Stoo

Junior Jones said:
Actually there are no clues at all as to how Indy is related to any of them.
We assume it is his family and his house but no one calls him "dad" or "grandpa".
The only thing said relationship-wise is Indy to Harry, "Your mother is right".
I'm not saying it *isn't* his family/house but without any strong reference
there is a lot of room for speculation.
Adamwankenobi said:
The "Ireland" daughter is not at the Thanksgiving dinner. There is a woman
across the table that could be her but the hair doesn't match.

Anyway, she calls Indy "dad" and says that they are late for a grandparent's day
at Lucy's school. So, this woman is either a daughter or the wife of Indy's son
(who is comfortable calling him "dad").

I would go with the daughter because that would explain her abscense at
Thanksgiving. She was spending it with hubby's side of the family. Plus, the
unseen Lucy confirms that he has, at least, 2 grandchildren.

Another person missing from the dinner is Spike! (Is he too busy re-stringing
his guitar to come down for some turkey?) He is most likely son of "Ireland"
daughter and brother to Lucy.

Adamwankenobi

Maybe they're all related to Alyssa Jones from Chasing Amy, who also lives in New Jersey during the 90s. :p

Stoo said:
Another person missing from the dinner is Spike! (Is he too busy re-stringing
his guitar to come down for some turkey?) He is most likely son of "Ireland"
daughter and brother to Lucy.

I say he's Mutt's son... if Mutt is in fact Indy's son. And of course Mutt isn't present at the table either so maybe they're off on a father-son... bike ride or something. ;)

Last edited:

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
Mutt isn't present at the table either so maybe they're off on a father-son... bike ride or something. ;)
Ha ha. Funny!:D

I would like to know "Ireland" daughter's name but actors/characters that
appear in the bookends don't seem to be listed in the closing credits.:(
(The only exception being "Mystery of the Blues", I think.)

...and, hey, Mutt could very well be there. There are 4 contenders at the table.;)

Stoo

Actress Identified

Moedred said:
Matinee... where'd ya go?

Will I ever find out who the red-haired girl is?

:(
I have just found what you are looking for!:D

In the UK episodes of ?Chicago, April 1920? & ?Chicago, May 1920?
(?Mystery of the Blues?) they are actually credits for the actors
appearing in the bookends.

Among them are:
Mark Auerbach...?Spike the Grandson?
Susan Bigelow...?Old Indy?s Daughter?
I was right! The red-haired daughter is Spike?s mom.

Here's a picture of M.Auerbach:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1019670/

The daughter doesn't have any lines in this one but she's in the closing
bookend of "May" and it's definitely the same woman. So, there you have it!

Adamwankenobi

Awesome! I've added that to the wiki. :) There goes my Mutt > Spike theory though... unless she is, as you suggested, Indy's daughter-in-law. ;)

For the record, Susan Bigelow's IMDb page lists her birth as 1952.

Last edited:

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
Well, it looks like we now have a name for her and it's Daphne!
Curious as to where "Empire" got the info...

http://www.empireonline.com/indy/day5/

They got the name from Wikipedia. And it's false info because, and I'm kind of embarassed to admit this, I thought Old Indy was saying "Daphne" instead of "damnation" at the end of the "Ireland" episode. I listened to it several times, and it clearly sounded to me like he was saying "Daphne". So I foolishly added it to Wikipedia. :eek:

And since I never got around to removing it, I'm headed over there now... :eek:

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
I listened to it several times, and it clearly sounded to me like he was saying "Daphne". So I foolishly added it to Wikipedia. :eek:
You should have ran it by me, first.:p You're a good man for admitting it, though.:hat:
And since I never got around to removing it, I'm headed over there now... :eek:
Go clean up your mess!;) :) :whip:

That would have been hilarious if this timeline was printed in the "Empire" Indy issue!:D
Actually, I think the name is quite fitting because of the red hair (think Daphne from Scooby-Doo.:))

Last edited:

Stoo

Junior Jones said:
I was thinking that maybe Daphne is the name of Rick McCallum's dog.
Ha! You never know. (It would be interesting to know if he has a dog.)
Anyway, until we learn otherwise, we can refer to her as Daphne.:)

OldIndy2323

Indy's family using a bit of speculation

Here's what I have come up with on this topic using a bit of research and some speculation:

1958: Susan Jones is born to Indy and Marion (Using the actress's age in "Ireland 1916" and named "Susan" after Indy's sister who died as an infant --"Peking 1910". Although highly unusual, it's not impossible that the child was Indy's and Marion's, based on their ages)

1958: Caroline Jones is born to Mutt after a whirlwind romance (age of actress in "Peking 1910", Caroline says, "..how's it look Grandpa..")

1977: Susan Jones marries and gives birth to Mark/"Spike" (named "Mark" after the actor who portrayed him and using the only possible age for Susan Jones to have a 16 year old son in 1993--"Mystery of the Blues" UK version)

1982: Susan Jones gives birth to Lucy (age of character in "Ireland 1916", based on the idea of an elementary school grandparent's tea and a logical age spread between siblings.)

1986: Caroline Jones gives birth to Annie Jones, Indy's first great grandchild (age of actress in "Peking 1910" and Old Indy's narration, "...my father, your great great grandfather...")

1988: Caroline Jones gives birth to Harry Jones, Indy's second great grandchild (age of actor in "Peking 1910", same quote as above plus, "..your mother's right...")

How'd I do?