Young Indy on DVD

blur

Getting the YIJC on DVD has been one of my biggest fantasies for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Johan

I think you should get out more...kidding. It would be really cool, I've been looking forward to it.

Sayyid

I hope they make the YIJC DVDs soon. I loved the series, and I want to have the episode in which appears Harrison Ford.

Johan

I've seen that one...it is Mystery Of THe Blues I think it was called...its just a short cameo with harrison

mra

I found this on theraider.net

"Lucasfilm's Jim Ward said in October 2003 that there's no street date yet, but late 2004 is certainly possible."

I have not seen anyone with a real date yet.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Rumblings from the Ranch are showing either a Nov/Dec release or a April/May release of the DVD's. Right now it is up in the air as to if they will all be released in a set, several sets, or individually..or a pair of shows on one DVD.

Johan

It would be smart marketing to do it either before Christmas or 6-8 months before Indy 4

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Lucas said in his Wired interview, "I have a little documentary unit now that's doing stuff for The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles." Yeah, still at it.

The only way to make everybody happy is to split them into 22 or 44 DVDs and sell them cheap to elementary schools, as a community service. Then, sell them to Indy and tv fans as a couple of season collections, 6-discs each. Not enough fans are wild enough about YIJC to spend over $100, or devote an embarrassing amount of shelf space. Lucas should cater to the completionists.

Stoo

Upcoming DVD Release Title

There was an article in today's paper about Lucas and it mentioned
a title for the DVD release, "The Young Lives of Indiana Jones".

OhioJones

I have never seen a Young Indiana Jones film, so of course I would love a DVD set, that way I could get it easier.

It sounds like its pretty good considering you people all want it on DVD.

Is it as good as the films?

Junior Jones

OhioJones said:
Is it as good as the films?

It depends on your criteria.

I love the Young Indy series, but it's different from the movies. Here are a few things to remember:

1) They were made for TV. The production values are still great, but they did have to cut some corners.

2) Indy's isn't the world's greatest adventurer...yet. He's a kid/teen developing into the character we know from the movies. Cut him some slack.

3) Each episode was directed by someone different. There's also a wide range of genre: war, romance, adventure, comedy, etc. If you see one episode and don't like it, watch another. Don't write off the whole series because of one episode.

4) It was created to be educational. I don't think that's a bad thing, but some people do. If you know that ahead of time, you won't be surprised.

OhioJones

Sounds wonderful, thanks for the information.

I think I will go see if I can rent any of the videos.

Any recomendations?

Junior Jones

My favorites are (in no particular order):

Phantom Train of Doom
Mystery of the Blues
Daredevils of the Desert
Tales of Innocence (especially the first half)

If you can find any of the videos, let us know what you think. (The Young Indy board could use a little action.)

Last edited:

OhioJones

Thanks a lot.

By the way, I heard ford plays Jones for a brief bit in one of these. What one is that and was it any good?

Ill be off to Blockbuster soon!

Junior Jones

Harrison Ford was in the bookends to Mystery of the Blues. It was a short cameo, and he really didn't do anything impressive except drive a truck into a snowbank. But it was great to see him in the hat again.

Oh, and the ending of the movie is great, but the ending of the bookend is not. Old Indy (HF) blows his saxophone, causing a mini-avalanche to fall off the roof burying all the bad guys, leaving only one man's arm sticking straight up out of the snow still holding the artifact for Indy to just walk up and take. That's just lame.