Video games you're looking foward to

Katarn07

I remember a lot of Raveners discussing their favorites, but didn't see anything about upcoming games.

The only thing I'm pumped up for is Mass Effect by BioWare. I got my X360 last Spring (when the game was originally set to be released) just to play it. The cinematic experience will surpass anything they've done yet, and the combat seems better than Jade Empire's, though I'd still prefer turn based combat. I may be proven wrong. Oblivion (the only X360 game I actually own) had real time combat and I thought it worked out beautifully. We'll find out how BioWare did in less than 20 days. It's coming out Nov 20 :D

If you've been living under a rock and have never heard of Mass Effect (or BioWare :eek: ), here's the awesome trailer:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/gallery/

Michael24

At this point, it's just LEGO INDIANA JONES and GTA IV for me. I'm not much for today's games (I'm more of an old school gamer), but these two I'm anxiously awaiting, especially the Indy ones. :)

Katarn07

Oh, stupid me! I forgot all about LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman. I'll definitely be getting those. I actually thought of both of those ideas before either was announced. Heck, I hate Harry Potter and I would probably want to play a LEGO version of it. Those games are just amazing!

Michael24

The LEGO BATMAN game is for real? I read about it months ago, but saw nothing on it since and was afraid it was just a rumor. But yeah, I'll definitely buy a LEGO BATMAN. Heck, I'd buy a LEGO HARRY POTTER, too. (I like HP. :) )

I've only played LEGO STAR WARS II, but it was the most fun I've had with a video game since probably GOLDENEYE for the N64. :whip:

Katarn07

Michael24 said:
GOLDENEYE for the N64

The most overrated video game before Halo came out :p

Yeah, it was announced earlier this year.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventu...&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

Best quote from that whole article:

UK-based developer TT Games (the marriage of Giant Interactive and Traveller's Tales) recently confirmed to GameSpot that it was working on "more Lego licence games."

That made me hopeful for Indy, and I'm sure Harry Potter will eventually come. Aren't there 3 movies to go?

nezobiwan

I am looking forward to LEGO Indy, of course. I WAS excited about LEGO Batman, but that got overshadowed by the Indy news. :D

I do like Bioware stuff (KOTORs 1&2 and of course Jade Empire), but I'm hesitant to try something new. I'm not a huge gamer, I just basically like whatever game has a decent movie tie-in, based on my playing history. I've never even played Halo for more than 5 minutes. And Jade Empire's similarity to KOTOR is prolly the only reason I played that one (and more than once).

What can I say, I'm such a chick. :hat:

Katarn07

nezobiwan said:
I do like Bioware stuff (KOTORs 1&2 and of course Jade Empire)

KotOR was the reason I bought my first XBOX. BioWare is indeed amazing. You need to check out Baldur's Gate and/or Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn for the PC. They're old, so they should be cheap and easily run on a low performance PC. If you like Lord of the Rings or fantasy in general, you'll love those games.

nezobiwan

Totally unrelated, but I see you're from IL. I used to live in Rockford. Now I live in FL and it was 80^ today. It sucked! It's already November! I miss having seasons. :(

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
If they make a PS2 version of the Indy games then yes I look forward to those. According to the press release of the Indiana Jones 2008 games (last year) there will be a PS2 version. Dunno about the Lego game. However if these games are next generation my parents will probably get the Xbox 360 just because it's cheaper than the PS3. Platforms aside, I can't wait for the next Kingdom Hearts game!

nezobiwan

My husband reminded me the other day about this one:

Fable 2

Hells yeah! In this one you can be a chick instead of a dude if you want. I've been a fan of Lionhead's stuff since playing "Black & White" for the PC back in the day. But I always hated the Creature aspect of B&W and I hear that Fable 2 is going to add an element like that into the game in the form of a dog. I don't like the idea--the Creature in B&W was always more of a nuisance than anything.

But I like how everyone in the game is British. :D

On a somewhat related note, my hubby and I just bought a 360 for our xmas present to each other. We figured a lot of other people would want one also, so we bought it now rather than during the xmas shopping season when no one will be able to keep them on the shelves.

Indyfan28

UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune! It looks like a modern-day version of Indy and focuses around the lost fortune of Sir Francis Drake. You play as Nathan Drake, an international adventurer that could easily pass of as a descendant of Indy, while you search on an "uncharted" island fortune while fighting an army of mercenaries that have flocked to the island. The only downside so far is that it only runs on PS3, which I don't have. So I hope it become a big hit and comes out on PC.

FAR CRY 2! This is an entirely new part of the hit franchise for PC, like the original edition. You play as a mercenary in Africa as you battle it out with other militants and mercenary factions. Not to much info now, but the screenshots and videos that they've released looks incredible!

xfkirsten

I finally just caught up with the world and bought a Wii a month or so ago. Definitely looking forward to The Golden Compass next month - I loved the books, am looking forward to the movie (and have been for 10 years! What is it with my fandoms and making me wait for movies?), and would love to see what the game plays like.

Never played LEGO Star Wars before, but I've heard good things, and now that it got a Wii release, it's on my wishlist!

And of course, LEGO Indiana Jones next year. ;)

EvilDevo

LEGO Indiana Jones ... not sure which system I'll be getting it for.
Indiana Jones (2007?) - PS3
Haze - PS3
Timesplitters 4 - not sure, it's a LONG way off
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Wii
Super Mario Galaxy - Wii
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PS3
Resident Evil 5 - PS3

hmmm

Mario Kart - Wii

That's all I can come up with right now...

Oh and Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth (it better be completed and released problem free! DOUG LEE, TOO)

kongisking

Indyfan28 said:
UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune! It looks like a modern-day version of Indy and focuses around the lost fortune of Sir Francis Drake. You play as Nathan Drake, an international adventurer that could easily pass of as a descendant of Indy, while you search on an "uncharted" island fortune while fighting an army of mercenaries that have flocked to the island. The only downside so far is that it only runs on PS3, which I don't have. So I hope it become a big hit and comes out on PC.

FAR CRY 2! This is an entirely new part of the hit franchise for PC, like the original edition. You play as a mercenary in Africa as you battle it out with other militants and mercenary factions. Not to much info now, but the screenshots and videos that they've released looks incredible!

I just watched the UNCHARTED game trailer...and I am very pissed because I only have a 10,00 BC Playstation and the game looks ASS-KICKINGLY COOL!!!!! It would have made for a terrific adventure movie...better than the Mummy, Sahara and National Treasure combined...too bad, because if they do make a movie version like Tomb Raider the critics are going to automatically hate it (video game flicks aren't known for their masterful acting, plot and IQ), which sucks!

San Holo

The Force Unleashed looks completly awesome, as does the new Ghostbusters game(which has the voice talents of Bill Murray,Akroyd, and Ramis reprising their roles). What ever happened to the Dirty Harry game with Eastwood?

EvilDevo

New Ghostbusters game? WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT???
...role reprisal???

could it be true? (Where's Mr. Hudson though......?)

Dr. Indy Jones

I can't wait till the 2 new Indy games come out.

But the biggest thing for me is Left 4 Dead (it is a zombie shooting game)

I cant wait till those come out :whip: