10,000 Bc

Michael24

ResidentAlien said:
They're all standard, awful films, sure.

But they don't set the bar low with their own pompous incoherence. Stargate is a self-assured, incomprehensible mess.

"Incomprehensible?" Huh!? As much as I enjoy the film, I admit it's certainly nothing deep and is pretty straight-forward, so... "incomprehensible?" That doesn't even make sense. :confused:

Michael24 said:
"Incomprehensible?" Huh!? As much as I enjoy the film, I admit it's certainly nothing deep and is pretty straight-forward, so... "incomprehensible?" That doesn't even make sense. :confused:

Haha, so then the film was well-made? The story wasn't full of plotholes? The end wasn't an empty orgasm of explosions? Ugh, awful.

WillKill4Food

Deckard said:
Looks visualy an awful lot like 300. I never actualy saw 300, Im just judging by there trailers.
I didn't expect to like 300 until I saw it. Then I fell in love with it.
I have already fallen in love with 10000 BC. Prehistoric beast vs. Egyptian and Prehistoric Tribes? This is gonna be f***in awesome!
Here's the trailer:
<object width="400" height="327" id="uvp_fop"><param name="movie" value="http://l.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="id=6522761&rd=eyc-off&ympsc=&postpanelEnable=1&prepanelEnable=1&infopanelEnable=1&carouselEnable=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed height="327" width="400" id="uvp_fop" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://l.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="id=6522761&rd=eyc-off&ympsc=&prepanelEnable=1&infopanelEnable=1"></embed></object>

kongisking

Thanks, Food! Awesome trailer! I'm also psyched about this flick. As I said before, I have a blast with Emmerich's blockbusters, and this looks to be the best one! :cool:

Grizzlor

Emmerich is hit or miss, although I liked most of his films. Universal Soldier, Stargate, Independence Day, The Thirteenth Floor, The Patriot (his best), all good. Godzilla was horrible, and the Day after Tomorrow was quite interesting but in the end stupid. Being an egghead, I would not be able to accept 10,000 BC, because of many historical/archaeological inaccuracies. I am interested in his 2009 film "2012," where Roland will finally get to truly end the world in one of his films. He's been build to that for a while now. :p

Katarn07

Grizzlor said:
The Patriot (his best)

With Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger? I love that movie!!! How can that be the same guy as all the other movies you listed off?

One thing that excites me about this movie is that the second TDK trailer will be attached to it.