Alien Series

The Best of the Alien Films?

• Total voters
Eric Solo said:
I'm afraid "quality" is losing 15-12 right now. I think Alien is great, but I liked the characters in Aliens more.

Hollow archetypes that you yourself admitted inspired hatred.

Characters? Where?

agentsands77

ALIEN is far and away the best film of the four, as far as quality is concerned. Scott's direction, the screenplay, the performances... all far neatly into place. It's near-perfect.

ALIENS is delightful fun, but it's not as well-crafted as the first installment. ALIEN3 (extended cut as found on the DVD) is underrated, but still uneven. ALIEN RESURRECTION is awful.

roundshort

Loved Aliens, the opening scene with the "Space Marines" rocks. On of the best fictional betrayals of combat troops. Must have worked with real Marines.

I wasn't as original as Alien, but a fun Popcorn muncher. A fun movie on all levels.

Alien: Original masterpiece with superb acting.
Aliens: Oooooohhhhh! Look at the big guns!:rolleyes:
Alien3: A nasty sequel. That's why it's good.
Alien Resurrection: Beautifully realised set designs. I prefer it to Aliens.

Crusade>Raiders

Wait wait wait...so you DON'T like Aliens? I know everyone got their own opinions but uh...wow. Doesn't help you're still stating your opinions as fact, and then want to get upset when people disagree with you.

Alien and Aliens are two masterpieces, but on two different ends the spectrum. One is more of a claustrophobic horror film with the other being more of a action-suspense thriller. I love both, but Aliens just a bit more. The xenomorph themselves have got to be the creepiest ****ing monster ever created. The look, the snarl with the saliva everywhere, the face-huggers, the ACID BLOOD...just perfect.

I like to think Alien 3/Alien Res don't exist. Pure garbage.

What's that word that's on the tip of my tongue.... I can almost remember...

Oh yes.

That word: hypocrite. That's the one I was looking for.

Crusade>Raiders

Wow...nobody is this dim IMO. IMO, I can't believe you said that. IMO, I guess it makes you feel better if I put IMO with everything. I guess it beats getting into flamewars and then complaining about someone's threat to the mods despite doing the EXACT SAME PLEA earlier today IMO.

roundshort

ResidentAlien said:
What's that word that's on the tip of my tongue.... I can almost remember...

Oh yes.

That word: hypocrite. That's the one I was looking for.

Some day you might find a girl that will No never mind you wont.

What a loser RA is, people watch movies for fun, he is a douch, watch what you want and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! forget the college FU*& and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most f us are ut of college, and trust me little 20 year olds know NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! after a few years of them getting their asses handed to them they settle down and shut up.

get a life RA this is s fun movie to watch

Great Cloud

The long cut of Alien 3 is really quite extraordinary. It's the best of the sequels.

I'd rate this way:

Alien: 4/4
Aliens: 3/4
Alien 3: 2/4
Alien 3 longer cut: 3.5/4
Alien Resurrection: 1.5/4

Don't even get me started on the AvP fiascos.

Aliens is a good film, action packed, but emotionally shallow. The boldest film is Alien 3, which dares to condemn Ripley.

roundshort said:
Some day you might find a girl that will No never mind you wont.

What a loser RA is, people watch movies for fun, he is a douch, watch what you want and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! forget the college FU*& and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most f us are ut of college, and trust me little 20 year olds know NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! after a few years of them getting their asses handed to them they settle down and shut up.

get a life RA this is s fun movie to watch

You might be out... but you should go back. Take an English course. It would do you well.

You're a sad, pathetic excuse for a human being.

Now get the **** out of my topic, both of you. I won't let you derail my topic with your ignorant bull****.

RocketSledFight

Alien Resurrection is not that bad. In my opinion, none of the films in the series are un-enjoyable.

And also, Alien: Resurrection gets Ron Perlman Points, which have been scientifically proven to boost awesomeness in any given situation.

Quickening

herr gruber said:
Alien3 is my personal favourite. Depressing and very bleak. Gorgeous cinematography, great performances from Charles Dance and Charles S. Dutton. The use of the F word may be a little over the top but, hey, these guys are mostly British thugs and they have bettter things to do than attend English class. Weaver gives her usual sterling performance.
This movie has real balls (unlike it's predecessor, all flashy, gung-ho mullets and silk suits) and proves you don't need a happy ending to be a great film.

Agreed. I love Alien 3 so much, always been my favourite. So dark and gritty and the perfect end to the trilogy with Ripley's sacrifice. I loathe Alien Resurrection though, a joke.

Great Cloud

RocketSledFight said:
And also, Alien: Resurrection gets Ron Perlman Points, which have been scientifically proven to boost awesomeness in any given situation.

True. I've always wondered who'd win in a fight between Ron Perlman and Bruce Campbell. Perhaps we'll never know.

Ignatius Stone

Alien and Aliens are great movies, fully deserving of their status as classic SF films. I still have my Kenner 12" Alien action figure.(y)
When I first saw Alien 3 back when it was released, I was pretty disappointed with it, but then I watched the extended edition on DVD a few years ago and learned to appreciate it more.
Alien Resurrection however, is truly an abysmal movie.:mad:

Crusade>Raiders

I was talking about the movie until your ego got the best of you. Just shut the hell up and let it go.

Anyway, back on-topic before the pending rebuttal, its kinda sad how the Aliens franchise has to be reduced to mild thrills in AvP. Predator was badass in that one(Lasers, rockets, GIANT NINJA SHRUIKENS!), but I didn't care for any of the humans(Hell, I can't remember any of there names), which was a big point for the Alien/Aliens/Predator films.

Somnium

Alien must be one of the best sci-fi horror movies out there, so that?s of course my favorite of the saga. Aliens comes next, although it's just ok. A childhood favorite, but nothing too impressive anymore, and I'll never watch that awful director?s cut again. Alien 3 is just really bad, although it had potential. The alien also looks stupid and not very threatening. The fourth one is actually better than the third one in what it set out to archive, which seems not to be an Alien film at all. It has some nice Jeunet oddity.

Crusade>Raiders

^But the director's cut has the sentry machine guns. Very suspenseful stuff when the ammo getting lower and lower, although I do agree with the unnecessary footage near the beginning, its a fair trade-off in my mind.