Star Trek 2009

HovitosKing

Simon Pegg is Scotty in new Star Trek

simonpeggstartrek.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=38287

This movie is sounding better and better lol

HovitosKing

This isn't Trek news, it's Simon Pegg news. Thanks for your interest though. I would know, I started the other thread.

NoCamels

It's sad when the only good thing I've heard about this movie so far is that Simon Pegg is in it! It's just moved up on my list from "rent it" to "see it at the cheap theater" :)

roundshort

Well, the frist 19 of them sucked, so maybe they will get it right this time! I will see this, the other S.T., yuck! The one with the whale, wow that was really bad!

nezobiwan

I'm not a Star Trek fan at all. I can't bear to complete an entire episode of any of the series save maybe the Next Generation. And the only one of their movies I've seen all the way through was Generations.

But if Simon Pegg is in the new movie.... I'd consider seeing it at the $6.50 matinee price. I'd definitely rent it. (y)

Star Trek beats Star Wars hands down....

Even considering the crap fest that was Enterprise, 95% of Voyager, DS9 and 75% of TNG....

It's still better than Star Wars which is ONE good movie... half a not-bad sequel and the rest, the less said about it, the better.

The total box office of the initial Star Wars movies would indicate that many people find Star Wars preferable to Star Trek. Star Trek 5 earned, like, three dollars, didn't it?

:eek:

"The total box office... would indicate that many people"
Are you really going to use that as an argument?!?!

Many people spend more money on McDonalds than they do on good, heathfull food.... Does that make McDonalds "better"?? Sh!t no!

There is more originality.... more creativity.... More depth of story, character and plot in Star Trek than Star Wars will ever have....

But I'm still of the opinion that the franchise needs to go away. We need another POS Star Trek show like I need another keg of Guinness.....

McDonald's!? I'm simply saying that if it is more popular then there is an aspect of the product that people love more than a stick of celery/Star Trek film. And like a glass of water, Star Trek fails to live up to Star Wars' glass of Coke.:eek:

"And like a glass of water, Star Trek fails to live up to Star Wars' glass of Coke"

nice analogy.... Star Wars as something that is over-priced, over-hyped, and at the end of the day, mostly just bad for you....

I guess I'll have to agree with you there.

Fresh, organic celery is a wonderful food. On it's own, raw (Occasionally covered in homemade peanut butter), or as an addition to salads, stews, stuffings, and countless other things.

You can do a LOT more with a stalk of celery than you can a can of Cola.....

Whatever HG... You like Star Wars more than you like Star Trek.... That, and a buck fifty will get you a small cup of lousy coffee.....