Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars

Johnny Jones

Howdy y'all,
I've decided to attempt a novelisation of the unused Indy 4 script "Saucer Men from Mars". I realize many of you may think this is a terrible idea but I think it has potential. Ever since reading Chariots of the Gods? I actually want Indy to deal with extraterrestrials more often, because they seem to be a much bigger part of archaeology than most people realize. And I want him to deal with Soviets more often, to partially counterbalance the apparently infinite number of times that he deals with Nazis. And thirdly I just don't think he has nearly enough post-World War II adventures.
The script is different enough from Crystal Skull that it will only require a few changes to avoid repetition, and a few further changes to fit into the established continuity. Aside from that I will probably add and tweak things as I see fit because that's what would happen if it was made into a movie/novel anyway. I will probably try to think of a better name than "Saucer Men from Mars" as well. Suggestions are welcome.
Anyway, to start out I just need help with a couple things: First, what nationality does the name "Frederick Baldassare" come from? And second, what should Elaine McGregor look like? She isn't described at all and all I can picture is Theresa Reynolds from "Adventures Volume 1".
Finally, I hope no one is too excited about this, because I have no idea when it will be done. I'll probably work on it until I'm bored, then start again who knows when, and when I'm finished I might still have to nitpick at it forever. But if and when it is complete I will make sure to post it here or, if they are accepting fan fiction by then, theraider.net. Peace! :hat:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Well, Baldassare is an Italian name.

I think what's going to be tricky here is that the two most notable things about the script are the wedding and the atomic bomb, neither of which I imagine you'll include. (The second wedding, that is; the first one makes sense, I suppose.) Since that's the case, you'll be straying somewhat far from the original version of the narrative. Which is fine - it's just harder to look at it as a novelization of it.

Could be interesting, really. Best wishes to you on the project.