The Adventures of Tintin

fixer79

muttjones said:
what other mocap films did zemeckis do?

'The Polar Express' and 'Beowolf' (starring Ray 'Mac' Winstone).
He's also currently remaking 'A Christmas Carol'.

Wilhelm said:
This is an interesting article (Only in spanish) about Indiana Jones and Tintin:

http://cosasdecine.com/revista//index.php?art=282

Thanks for the article, Wilhelm! Too bad my Spanish is a bit rusty (I only remember 'el gorrito' and 'Caperucita Roja' from my Spanish lessons :) )...
The comparison pictures are great though! ;)

TheMutt92

First images!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29355

2581.jpg

45763.jpg

45762.jpg

JP Jones

So Polar Express style it looks. I'm relieved, I thought it was going to be something like beowolf or avatar, but as a "cartoon" it looks great.:)

Montana Smith

It does look good. That's the sort of quality imagery they could apply to a new series of Indy animation.

(I have a DVD box set of the old 21 episode The Adventures of TinTin cartoon that I still haven't got round toi watching yet.)

otto rahn

Finn said:
Sure it has.

TinTin_Congo.jpg

Yeah, I'm aware of all the controversy surrounding it so I'm not sure how easy it's going to be grabbing one, but there're English copies out there, nevertheless...
I got a copy at a small bookshop in Sydney. If I remember correctly it came sealed in plastic wiith a warning sticker . I think they even gave me a plain brown paper bag to put it in too !

TheMutt92

American poster, and has the subtitle been dropped?

http://screenrant.com/the-adventures-tintin-posters-benm-115654/

the-adventures-of-tintin-us-poster.jpg

The title of both posters now reads The Adventures of Tintin instead of The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn ? does this mean that the title of the film has changed? Honestly, we hope so. Nine words is about five too many for a property most Americans have never heard of. Simplicity, in this case, seems the most effective route.

TheMutt92

The Man said:
Shades of Jackson's Kong? Pretty.

I'm really interested to see this collaboration, and hopefully the film will be successful enough to allow Jackson to direct the proposed second installment. I remember the original idea was three films by three different directors, w/ Spielberg the first, Jackson the second, and someone else the third. Than it appeared that they couldn't get anyone (a bit surprising) so there's the possibility of them sharing directing duties.

Looking at the poster though, I'm wondering why Edgar Wright isn't doing it (unless he was asked and is busy. I mean, he does have Ant-Man and the finale of his Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy). Rob Zemeckis would be the only other logical choice (although I know that might stir controversy, and personally I'm glad to see him heading back to live action), maybe Joe Cornish (also a writer on the film) but I think he's only directed one or two films.

kongisking

I'm just excited to see another Spielberg-directed adventure film. Who knows, if he has tons of fun making this, he'll want to focus on Indy 5?

And plus, this is the closest PJ will get to doing an Indy-styled movie anyway...:cool:

Captain Craig

So the Unicorn is a ship then. All this time I kept thinking they meant the actual mythical animal. That only played into the 'silly' factor for me.

Can't say it raises my level to see it but it helps the movie seem less silly now to me.