Films that made you cry?

Rhys135

Bicentennial Man - this was on TV earlier and I was watching it with my mum. I had to fight the tears. It's not a fantastic film but the subject of the film is quite touching and the emotional scene's are done very well.

Indyologist

2 Films off the top of my head:

The Champ
Terms of Endearment

TOTAL tearjerkers. Great thread topic! (y)

I also agree with Dumbo, ET and Old Yeller. And here's another, an old one: The Yearling. Beautiful and sad old film.

And I have to say that I cried 3 times when I saw Last Crusade: 1.) when Indy's dad got shot 2.) When Henry called Indy "Indiana" for the first time and 3.) at the end of the film because I knew (at the time) that there weren't going to be any more Indy films. It was the end of a legacy. I'll probably cry at the end of KOTCS for the same reason. :(

Last edited:

yodazone

These are trailers of films that make me "cry at the bottom of a shower" & "projectile vomit:"

Step Up 2 the Streets
Stomp the Yard
How She Move
Any Vin Diesel trailers
Step Up
El Cantante
Drumline

Who watches this crap?

Indy's return will bring back good movies again!!!

(y) (y) (y)

The_Raiders

Perhilion said:
When I was little I watched Godzilla (the "new" American one) and I cried when Godzilla died:(

I love the old Godzilla movies. With the guy in the suit, those are funny, but the one called "Finale Wars" sucked (n)

Joe Brody

. . . speaking of Robin Williams, I've got to say that the Taster's Choice Moment scene in Good Will Hunting is pretty effective.

Also, I'll stand by my earlier reference to About A Boy -- but withdraw my endorsement of Heat. I don't think that film was weepy at all -- and I'm abivalent about DiNiro at the end.

XanaduEli

I am shamed to admit that...i cry at EVERY SINGLE sad movie there is out there,:eek:

i cried at

Changeling
The Green Mile
The boy in the striped pyjamas
Escape from sobibor
Aurore
Bridge to Terabithia
Titanic
Broke back Mountain
Carousel
click
pay it forward
The Curious case of Benjamin button
Marley and me
I even cried at Star wars
and
Harry potter

and lots more

Montana Smith

Watership Down.

I saw it in the cinema and it was the saddest film I'd ever seen.

I really can't listen to 'Bright Eyes' any more...

Silent Running was another movie that affected me the first time I saw it. I have the DVD in my 'to watch' pile, and have been putting it off.

A.I. was sad. I'm still looking for an electronic A.I. teddy!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
<I>Toy Story 3</I>.

<I>Make Way For Tomorrow</I>. As Orson Welles said, "my God, that movie would make a stone cry!" It's a forgotten masterpiece.

I'm not sure it's possible to not bawl at certain moments of <I>It's a Wonderful Life</I>.

<I>Brief Encounter</I> just kills me. I'm not sure I've ever cried during it though.

Goonie

Almost teared-up during:
WALL-E
Up
(in those first ten minutes or so)
&
Toy Story 3

Those Pixar buffoons! Out to make grown men cry! :D :whip: :rolleyes:

Joosse

First Knight.

That movie was so bad, I cried that I had spent money on the ticket to go and see it.... :mad:

XanaduEli

Agent Crab said:
I never cried in a movie.
that is the exact opposite of me,

if i watch a sad movie then afterwards i am normally a blubbering wreck,

even if its Harry Potter or Star Wars, when someone dies or something tragic happens in the movie, i'll most likely burst out crying :eek:

lao che & sons

The end of Citizen Kane always gets me for some reason. Mr Smith Goes to Washington was pretty sad in some scenes. And definitely in Toy Story 3 and Up. And Duck Soup always made me cry of laughter.

Last edited: