Favorite Emperor's Tomb chapters

Gear

What's your favorite chapter and level in Emperor's Tomb and (or) why?

My personal favorite would probably be the Prauge chapter (I dont know for shure why) but I dont know which level there I like the best.
I also really liked the gondola escape level too. It really reminds me of the truck high jacking scene in Raiders, thats why I like it :) and it's pumped with theatrical excitement. :gun:

No Ticket

I wish I could remember that game well enough to tell you. Last time I played it was probably November/December 2003. I remember it being a decent game though.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Prague had a great noir feel for parts of it, and that was enjoyable. I'm also a sucker for Istanbul as a city, so some of the earlier stuff in that section was cool as well. The classical bits later on were well-designed; I'm not huge on swimming levels either, but that was some good level design, throughout the chapters.

I'll say this about "Von Beck's Revenge"

There isn't a SINGLE level that even comes CLOSE to the feeling of accomplishment "Von Beck's Revenge" generates the first time you BEAT it!

I've even gone back and replayed it, just to be sure I, in fact did beat it....

The one level I NEVER replay is the Kraken fight....

Or all that BS on the Gondolas, shooting down the planes! Wow, did that ever suck!

Papa Jones

ClintonHammond said:
I'll say this about "Von Beck's Revenge"

There isn't a SINGLE level that even comes CLOSE to the feeling of accomplishment "Von Beck's Revenge" generates the first time you BEAT it!

I've even gone back and replayed it, just to be sure I, in fact did beat it....

The one level I NEVER replay is the Kraken fight....

Or all that BS on the Gondolas, shooting down the planes! Wow, did that ever suck!

I agree about VBR. I think I fell on my knees like when scoring an overtime touchdown when I first got it.

The Kraken fight reaaaaally sucks, I never felt less Indy feeling than during that part.

Well, for the gondolas... it's still fun to take down those planes... at least, it's better than shooting down cars and bikes in the streets of Hong-Kong, in my opinion.

Gear

I actualy really liked the Hong Kong car chase and the gondola high jacking but they were a bit on the video game side, ya know, surreal (though, it kinda has to be it is after all... a video game).
After I beat Von Beck's Revenge Iwas estatic. It must have taken me a million tries...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Actually my favourite is the Kong Tien Chapter! When Indy's does all that stuff to get the Pa Ching. I really love the last level of Black Dragon Fortress where Indy fights the twins.

TWIN #1: Do we really have to kill him? He looks like fun!

TWIN #2: Business before pleasure, Mei Mei. Master wants his head on a steak.

The twins open their fans.

INDY: (Low angle shot of the twins legs and them holding fans) Nice fans.

Funny!

Gear

Yeah, I really liked the Kong Tien level too. I liked that Temple of Doom feel to it.

Papa Jones said:
Von Beck's Revenge, for sure...

*hides*

Ah, I'm not alone! Sweet. Yeah, that level was a blast.... and fairly easy. I don't get why everyone hates it so much. It only took me 15-20 minutes to beat it... not all that bad considering that level has this stigma of being insanely difficult...

Bjorn Heimdall

I think Von Beck's revenge has been talked up a lot. It's a hard level, but it's not that long and if you don't mind running around a bit and jumping with the whip, I won't be too much hassle to play it multiple times. I really have to replay the game to remember the best levels... But I do agree that the Kraken was a pain, although easier when figured out.