Other great films w/ flawed hero

HovitosKing

Stated somewhere on this board earlier, one of the greatest characteristics of Indiana Jones is that he gets beaten up alot. The fact that he gets knocked around so often gives him a more human quality, which in turn makes him more likable and easier to identify with.

What other films have heroes who get beaten up alot? Off the top of my head I can think of the Die Hard franchise, with Bruce Willis getting pulverized in each one. Great stuff!

agent5

The Crow is one of my favorites with the anti-hero main character. You can relate to the loss of his fiance' and the feelings of revenge he must take on those who killed her. As he kills each one at a time you also feel the sense of satisfaction.

Strider

Wolverine is by far my favorite. He's an antihero who is strong but he can't really control himself and he doesn't know who he really is.

Battleflail

Patrick O'Malley. A drunk pilot whos planes get shot to bits; who wouldn't love that? Actually, I guess a lot of people didn't like High Road to China. Indy spinoff, etc. Personally, I always liked the movie and wish it would be released in the US on DVD.