• The Right Stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Race to Space

• Contact

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2001, hands down. Classic Kubrick, great cinematography, some great lines, and very impressive for it's time.
You sure like the multiple choice polls, huh indifan?

Ask me when all time is over...

But personally I really enjoy 2010... and I have to give Ron Howard HUGE props for creating REAL suspense in a movie where everyone already KNEW what was going to happen with Apollo 13....

I also really dig Dark Star....

Jay R. Zay

enterprise? star wars? deep impact? outland? ghosts of mars? alien? the abyss (if "contact" is a space movie as well...)?

you sometimes have a tendency to miss the most important films in such polls, haven't you?

Paden

Rumpled Fedora said:
2001, hands down. Classic Kubrick, great cinematography, some great lines, and very impressive for it's time.
I tend to agree with this sentiment. If I had to pick just one film centered on space, I think 2001 qualifies as one of the very best. Through good cinematography and direction, the movie really captures the majesty and wonder of space. It was a technical marvel at the time of its release and remains visually impressive to this day.

IAdventurer01

Well, ToJ, I'm not sure which one of your posts I want to quote, so I won't. :rolleyes:

Who says that Queen stopped rocking?

roundshort

I don't think I really cared of it either, I just wanted something smart ass to post. I am a huge fan of space movies. I guess after Star Wars and Alien (s), I liked Armegedon, I know it is cheesy and all, with Bruce saying ont he "Rock" but I liked the build up. I agree Space Comboys Blows.

indifan101

Jay R. Zay said:
enterprise? star wars? deep impact? outland? ghosts of mars? alien? the abyss (if "contact" is a space movie as well...)?

you sometimes have a tendency to miss the most important films in such polls, haven't you?

I'm posting movies that are fantasy and non real life. Star Wars was incredible but I'm posting films that have some real life in them!

Jay R. Zay

indifan101 said:
I'm posting movies that are fantasy and non real life.

such as apollo 13 and the right stuff?

indifan101 said:
Star Wars was incredible but I'm posting films that have some real life in them!

contact, 2001, red planet, armageddon and mission to mars have real life in them? except for the fact that they are supposed to be set on earth and not a different universe, there isn't much reality about either. and except for star wars, all other movies are associated to earth.

indifan101

Jay R. Zay said:
such as apollo 13 and the right stuff?

contact, 2001, red planet, armageddon and mission to mars have real life in them? except for the fact that they are supposed to be set on earth and not a different universe, there isn't much reality about either. and except for star wars, all other movies are associated to earth.

Yes. But remember 2001 has much reality in it. The Right Stuff and Apollo 13 were biographies. But they were fantastic movies!

Indy4ever

Indy said:
Spaceballs;)

Exactly what I was thinking!

"I am your father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roomate!" -Dark Helmet

"So what does that make us?" -Lone Starr

"Absolutely nothing...I just thought you would like to know." -Dark Helmet

"I see your schwartz is as big as mine!"
-Dark Helmet

Rick Moranis as Dark Helmet=CLASSIC