Indiana Jones and the Staff of Moses

Deadlock

Thanks to a unassuming first post by a new member here at the Raven, I was treated to one of the greatest pieces of fan work EVER. Going by "jase" here at the Raven, this artist has created a brilliant graphic novel adaptation of another fan's screenplay. It more than deserves it's own thread.

Do yourself a favor, check this out ASAP: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Moses.

staff_of_moses_chapter_1_cover.jpg

Wow. That's all I have to say. (Except for... I can't wait to see the rest!!!)

roundshort

WOW, that is great stuff! Like Frank Miller does Indy! Very nice job. Almost made me want to read comics again! Keep up the good work, the fans here at the Raven will want to see more!

Thanks you!

Marty Jones

The artwork is nice, but I'm not too sure about the story. The "staff of Moses" should really be called the "rod of Aaron," if the story is referring to the Biblical staff that could be changed into a serpent. Aside from this, the Bible also describes the rod as being placed inside the Ark of the Covenant along with the original Ten Commandments. So, in effect, Indiana Jones has already found the "staff of Moses," and is was nothing but sand.

roundshort

Marty Jones said:
The artwork is nice, but I'm not too sure about the story. The "staff of Moses" should really be called the "rod of Aaron," if the story is referring to the Biblical staff that could be changed into a serpent. Aside from this, the Bible also describes the rod as being placed inside the Ark of the Covenant along with the original Ten Commandments. So, in effect, Indiana Jones has already found the "staff of Moses," and is was nothing but sand.

Artwork is nice, wow I thought it was prety kick a$$! I have no talent at art and I was impressed. Marty I would love to see your stuff, if this is only nice.

Marty Jones

I didn't mean to write off the artwork. I am impressed by it, and I would say it is much better than I could do. Heck, it looks like something Dark Horse would have put out. All I meant was the comic seems to have nailed the art while missing on the story, and in the realm of comics, that isn't usually a winning combination. Admittedly, the story thus far has been fine. What's really throwing me off is the whole "staff of Moses" thing and if that's the title, I assume it is going to be the main point of the story. It is good eye candy though. :whip:

jase

wow ,
I'm really glad you like the comic and my artwork. I haven't done a lot of drawing for years so I'm glad you guys like it especially Indy fans, because it has to be right. Your kind words mean a lot and its a real incentive to get the rest of the story right. It can only get better as the story goes on and I get more practice. Marty, I see you're point about the story, not wanting to give anything away but it does go off at a tangent, and all becomes clear.
Deadlock thanks for your intro, I'm reading Realm of the Dead at the moment, excellent stuff.
Thanks for the welcome to the Raven guys!

OhioJones

Jase, the art in that comic is the best Indy comic art ever drawn.

You have done a fantastic job so far, keep it up!

Its just as exciting as an actual Indy IV!

BrodyIsDead

Continuity...

This IS indeed a fantastic comic realisation of an inspired story - really liked the action scenes and how they flow across the page as the scenes unfold! :cool:

Just wondering though, but if this is 1950, shouldn't Indy have a beard? (I'm thinking of the beginning of Young Indy & The Mystery Of The Blues, which if I recall was 1950 with Harrison Ford playing Indy, sporting a greying bushy beard) - that said, he could have just had a shave overnight, I suppose - anyway, just a ponderer (not trying to be awkward!) :p

Deadlock

I know this is old news for those that follow the TheRaider.net's main page... But since I hadn't seen any discussion about it, I thought I'd again point out Chapter 2 of some of the best Indy fan work ever.

chap2.jpg

Benudo

Part 3 looks great, just like the rest. (y) I've never gotten into comics or graphic novels, but this one may make a convert of me.

Now I'm going to think of Marcus the next time I see a shooting star. (Inserts crying Indy emoticon here.)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Loving IJ and the Staff of Moses!

Hey, didn't know where to say this, so I thought I'd said it here. I'm loving the IJ and the Staff of Moses comic on TR.N website, I'm enjoying it a lot and I must say it really does have drawings that actually do look like HF and like Sean Connery and like John Rhys Davies. I am also enjoying the story as well. So keep cracking at it :whip: and I look forward to the next chapter!!!!:hat:

jase

Hi,
Latest episode of the Staff OF Moses comic has just been added,
hope you like it. Sorry its not getting done as quickly as I'd like with work and
stuff but I'm enoying it and I hope you guys are- at present I'm working on the cover for the next chapter and that should be completed next couple of days!

jase

Just a request for anybodies ideas,
I'm now thinking about the finale of the Staff of Moses comic and am thinking how Indy should look- now I have a few ideas but I'm wanting to draw Indy in a particular unique way-
for example TOD had Indy in shirt with one sleeve
LC had Indy with black tie and jacket, both are easily recognisable for which film they're from- I'm just trying to think of a look for Staff of Moses thats unique but still obviously immediately Indy. I know theres only so much you can do with a leather jacket and shirt- but just wondered if any body had any ideas? guys?