KotCS reviews in media

Matt Holcomb

Three reviews from three official screenings (well, that's according to AICN and CHUD) seems suspiciously low to me.

I would have thought AICN's contributors would have been bombarded with reviews, yet they've only published three.

Does anyone else smell fish?

Shortie

Yeah these guys are liars who probably liked Speed Racer. Which is a bomb, Iron Man is still #1 from what I've heard. HA-HA!

sandiegojones

Shortie said:
Yeah these guys are liars who probably liked Speed Racer. Which is a bomb, Iron Man is still #1 from what I've heard. HA-HA!
Speed Racer is barely #3 and from the 7 minutes I saw on yahoo.com it's a stinker!

I figured maybe AICN knew one or two guys who saw it but since there's no other reports they've been proven as fakes.

Matt Holcomb

Kingdom of the Crystall Skull reviews thread, Part Deux

Quint of AICN fame has published a new (and positive) review of "KotCS".

This review is only the fourth AICN have published, but after reading it, I'm now more inclined to think that the screenings did in fact take place.

I was going to add a link to this review to the "So where are all the other reviews?" thread I started today, but considering this review is the most considered and well-written of the ones that have been published on AICN so far, I think it deserves its own thread.

Thanks, Quint.

Review link

Matt Holcomb said:
That thread has become a monster.

UGH. Everyone says that. So WHAT? How does it make things any more convenient to have 10 topics on the same thing? It doesn't, it's messy. Besides, this review was posted there hours ago.

Search and you shall be rewarded. Just because you deem something cluttered doesn't exempt you from having to do things like the rest of us.

Burke

AICN tends to either operate under a surfeit of unhinged fanboyism for a certain movie, or a gummy morass of miscellaneous jackasses claiming director so-and-so sodomized their fond childhood memories of something. Glad to see a positive Indy 4 "review", though.

Matt Holcomb

ResidentAlien said:
UGH. Everyone says that. So WHAT? How does it make things any more convenient to have 10 topics on the same thing? It doesn't, it's messy. Besides, this review was posted there hours ago.

Search and you shall be rewarded. Just because you deem something cluttered doesn't exempt you from having to do things like the rest of us.
Hey, hey, hey; slow down there, turbo! I have no aversion to searching monstrous threads.

I just thought this review was too important to get lost in the clutter of that thread.

Skipper

I don't see what's wrong with having a separate thread for each review, at least at this early stage when the reviews are just trickling in.

Finn

Staff member
Skipper said:
I don't see what's wrong with having a separate thread for each review, at least at this early stage when the reviews are just trickling in.
That "early stage" is going to last roughly a week. No point.

But let's compromise. If something has become a monster, it has to be slain. So from this point on, this thread shall be used as the previous one was. Don't open any more stray ones however. One of the mods will be on scene to slam this one shut (and prompting you to open a new one) once s/he starts thinking it's become too cluttered.

Continue.

<small>And RA... please leave the modding to the mods. Or at least the patronizing tidbits.</small>

Perhilion

god dammit, why the hell are we still listening to these people?? Why do we care what they think, even if they have seen the movie? They're obviously biased, odds are most of us will like it!

The Man

For no other reasons than habit and sentiment, I'll be eager to get the Empire opinion. They've always been enthusiastic, though not blindly in love, with the possibility of Indy 4. It it gets less than four stars, I'll be worried.

lynchpin

Double standard?

People cry foul and smell fish over the initial reviews on AICN...but no one objects to the recent positive review on AICN?

Hmmm.

The Man

lynchpin said:
People cry foul and smell fish over the initial reviews on AICN...but no one objects to the recent positive review on AICN?

Hmmm.

Touche. You can't trust the validity of either extreme.