IMDB Ranking

Sankara

@the man
Cool picture! Yes, this is "Skull" and the players 1,2, 3 look like Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Tom Cruise.... :D

The imdb ranking of the Indy-Movies:

Raiders: 8,7

Temple: 7,4

Crusade: 8,3

and Skull: 6,8

And don't forget: "Skull" is a new movie! So, I guess we' ve got a 6,5 ranking in a year...

Benraianajones

Haven't you stated that point several times in this topic and other topics? Do you, or we, really even care what a general total is on a website, as long as you know if you like or not, surely that is all that matters.

sandiegojones

Benraianajones said:
Haven't you stated that point several times in this topic and other topics? Do you, or we, really even care what a general total is on a website, as long as you know if you like or not, surely that is all that matters.
I don't. I like it. If you don't, then F you. :hat:

deckard24

The Man said:
monkey_holding_baseball_bat.jpg

"Little? Ugly? Nobody likes me? Bwaaah!"
LOL!!!:hat:
You and your monkey pics!!

Oxley17

Dr. Wolfwood said:
I've yet to see the movie for a second time. I tried, but had to quit after 30 minutes. Perhaps I'll try again in a couple of months...

Admittedly, out of all the failures this year, Indy4 didn't come out that bad, really. At least the story is relatively coherent unlike the one in The Dark Knight...
I understood The Dark Knight quite perfectly and I find it to be the best film of the year as well as one of the best films released in the past 10 years.

Oxley17

Sankara said:
@the man
Cool picture! Yes, this is "Skull" and the players 1,2, 3 look like Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Tom Cruise.... :D

The imdb ranking of the Indy-Movies:

Raiders: 8,7

Temple: 7,4

Crusade: 8,3

and Skull: 6,8

And don't forget: "Skull" is a new movie! So, I guess we' ve got a 6,5 ranking in a year...
Skull stayed in the 7/10 range for a long time after it's release and only recently began to lower, it won't lower much. Look at Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End, it hasn't lowered all that much since it's dvd release. It might lower some, but not much at all.

Stoo

Benraianajones said:
No kidding. Who really gives a toss what the IMDB ranking is?

@Sankara
Since you seem to be the only (or 2) who seems to think that IMDB is Gospel Truth then let me ask you a question:

Of the original 3, "Temple of Doom" has the lowest ranking so, before May 2008, why were you not littering every thread with,
"Doom is the WORST of all the Indy movies. Many, many, many, many Indy fans know this. They are TRUE Indy fans because
they know what an Indy-movie is and know that this one is lousy."

Instead, you think Doom is a "masterpiece" and better than "Crusade" (but not according to your sacred IMDB).
Sankara said:
TOD is a masterpiece. Sure, it's not as great as "Raiders" but it is still great. Yes, the "plane jump scene" is over the top... but there are so many great parts in this movie. And: Indiana Jones is Indiana Jones in this movie.

So, of course is "Temple" part of the Indy-Trilogy. In many ways this movie is more "Indy" than Crusade...

I'm very happy about the fact that "Skull" is the bastard child of the Indy-Movies now.

Now we got a fantastic Indy-Trilogy!!! And a bastard child... who cares!!!

Sankara

@Stoo
First of all: I like "Crusade" more than "Temple". It's not only imdb, Stoo. It's the raven, rottentomatoes, or the poll on the empire magazine. All these indicators say:

"Most people think that "Skull" is the worst Indy-Movie"

"Doom" is a fantastic movie. Why should I say that this movie is lousy?

The Golden Idol

Sankara said:
@Stoo
First of all: I like "Crusade" more than "Temple". It's not only imdb, Stoo. It's the raven, rottentomatoes, or the poll on the empire magazine. All these indicators say:

Why don't you get your own opinion instead of looking for websites' opinions?

Oxley17

Sankara said:
@Stoo

Alot of these websites also say Crystal Skull is a good movie.

Jones Disciple

Sankara said:

What is going to happen when Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull gets a 6.5 ranking in a year?

I just want to know so I am prepared for this huge event.

Will Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford kill themselves publicly in disgrace?

Why is it going to take a year? Is this the length of time you need to create enough imdb user accounts to get the score down on your own? :)

deckard24

Jones Disciple said:
What is going to happen when Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull gets a 6.5 ranking in a year?

I just want to know so I am prepared for this huge event.

Will Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford kill themselves publicly in disgrace?

:)

LMAO!!:hat:

As I already said long ago, give this film a couple of IMDb years and it will become less than a 6, maybe even 5... sadly, the mark it deserves. :(

Forbidden Eye

The Stranger said:
As I already said long ago, give this film a couple of IMDb years and it will become less than a 6, maybe even 5... sadly, the mark it deserves. :(

The first two Star Wars prequels have held up well, why wouldn't Indy 4?

Forbidden Eye

The Phantom Menace has a 6.4 rating on IMDB. Attack of the Clones has a 6.8. I'm 110% sure that the lowest Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will get is mid-6 range.

Not that IMDB ratings are a great tool to base the quality of movies on or anything.

RaideroftheArk

I'm pretty optimistic, I have a feeling KOTCS will get better with age. Right now a lot of people had their expectations smashed because they didn't get the movie they imagined over the past 20 years, but perhaps as time goes on they won't care so much and realize it's not THAT bad of a movie.

From what I understand, a lot of younger viewers loved KOTCS...so I'm sure in the near future when they become the new online generation, newer positive reviews for the movie will follow.

I say it gets bumped up to a 7.0 again.