The Muppets

metalinvader

That doesn't sound to bad.I'd rather have them doing something like this then say...Retelling a fairy tale.I love the idea of revisiting the old Muppet theater.THey just better bring back Uncle Deadly!:D

ReggieSnake

mapso said:
Spoilers ahead, perhaps -- apparently the plot for the new movie is that oil is discovered under the Muppet Theater and a greedy developer wants to knock it down to get at the black gold. So the Muppets stage a show to save the theater...doesn't sound terribly original.
Here's the link to that info on CHUD:rolleyes:. Is that where you saw it?

mapso

ReggieSnake said:
Here's the link to that info on CHUD:rolleyes:. Is that where you saw it?

Ah, perhaps. The joys of the internet...information soon gets spread around so much you forget where it started :)

fixer79

Always been a big Muppet fan. Both tv shows (Show & Tonight) rocked and so did most of the movies!

I just hope they make the new movie better than their latest Wizard of Oz version...
Not a big fan of that. It just seemed... unmuppety.

eroc

Anyone see Muppets From Space? That was the first post-Henson Muppets film. The soundtrack was incredible. Muppets + 70's funk = good times!

ReggieSnake

eroc said:
Anyone see Muppets From Space? That was the first post-Henson Muppets film. The soundtrack was incredible. Muppets + 70's funk = good times!
First post-henson film to have an original plot. Or are you saying you didn't like Treasure Island and Christmas Carol?

The music was a good pick for the movie. The commentary is kinda fun on the DVD if you haven't checked it out.

Build a jacuuuuuzzi, and they will come ;)

kongisking

EgyptianPharaoh said:
The only Muppets I ever seen was Muppets treasure Island....I liked it ...it was funny.:)

It WAS Great. Tim Curry was an awesome Silver. But then again, is he ever NOT awesome? And I love Piggy's line after she is tied up along with Kermit.

"You know, I'm starting to see a pattern with the men I date."

LOL!!!!!!

TheMutt92

Green With Envy

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6CloKbXtD28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

greenwithenvy.jpg

TheMutt92

Sharkey said:
Why wonder...any new release Mutt will make a thread about it...sure as the sky is blue.

Haha, almost. Not all :p

Now that the surprise is out, feel free to merge this thread w/ the already existing Muppet movie one.