Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - initial impressions and casual discussion

davejames

BlackSleep said:
Indy lost out at the box office in week 2 to Sex and the City after a near-record breaking opening weekend...that speaks for itself...

Well as much as I hated Indy 4, we have to be fair and realize that the movie was bound to take a huge dip after pretty much everyone on the freakin planet saw it the FIRST weekend. lol :D

I am surprised SATC did as well as it did, though.

BlackSleep

That's true, not to mention most second- and third-viewings occurred almost immediately (in the first week)...I still want to see it at least one more time before it leaves theaters (that'll be 3 times for me)

Peacock's-Eye

No matter how you look at it, for a 4th sequel in a thirty year old series overcoming an 18 year 'handicap', KotCS has kicked some serious ass! 80% good reviews & millions of bucks at the B.O., plus a truckload of happy die-hard fans (not every Indy fan hated it!). I'd love to taste this kind of success just once in my life! If this was the first Indy everyone would be lauding it to the skies!

Darth Vile

Silentrascal said:
Right back at ya, little fella. I've seen more imagination in one of my bowel movements after a night of eating mexican food than I saw in ANY moment of KOTCS. Speaking of CGI.....talk about WAY overused in KOTCS and barely of mediocre quality, if that. But I suppose you found the CGI convincing throughout the ending of them?

Oh come on? Is that all you've got? Your argument is hollow and you comments are, dare I say it, vacuous. You'll have to come back with something better than that to justify any continued interest in your posts. Step up to the mark and show us that your retorts are at least comparable to your ?bowel movements? sonny.

tnswman

Well, I watched KOTCS 6 times in the Theater..and thanks to some "Friends" I now have it at home and have watched it 8 more times.....I can't get enough!! It just fits in more and more each time it is on.

There is nothing to complain about...Nothing is out of place in relation to the 1st trilogy..and EVERY ONE OF YOU KNOW IT!!

tnswman said:
Well, I watched KOTCS 6 times in the Theater..and thanks to some "Friends" I now have it at home and have watched it 8 more times.....I can't get enough!! It just fits in more and more each time it is on.

There is nothing to complain about...Nothing is out of place in relation to the 1st trilogy..and EVERY ONE OF YOU KNOW IT!!

reality-check.jpg

Darth Vile

tnswman said:

LOL - Even I have to admit (as a KOTCS liker), that your enthusiasm knows no bounds... Almost worryingly so...;)

darrin_connell

Staff of Moses in Warehouse scene?

I need help on this one...no one seems to have an answer on this one, so I thought I would try this. In the Crystal Skull section of "The Complete Making of Indiana Jones" book, it is described that a Staff of Moses was fabricated for the Hangar 51 Warehouse scene. Was/is it part of a deleted scene, or did I just not see it? E-mail me at d_connell106@yahoo.com with any help. Thanks!

tnswman

Darth Vile said:
LOL - Even I have to admit (as a KOTCS liker), that your enthusiasm knows no bounds... Almost worryingly so...;)

19 years of waiting and NOT being dissapointed is nothing to worry about..It is just that I get it.. Of course, I am the Indy freak that the Chicago Tribune turned to to Interview as the main Indy Collector.

However, I get it. All of it..even the outside factors like all of us being 19 years older..and how anything made like the original movies would both be a re-tread and NOT set in he 50's....therefore NOT original!

KOTCS did EVERYTHING it was supposed to do. EVERYTHING!! It kept the same flavor in a story that actually aged in real time.

I'm 33 and I realize the themes of the 1950's..those themes and fears were all touched on in this movie.

In fact, Aliens are for the most part as believed in as God is even in this age.

The pitiful part is the haters on these boards that were already determined NOT to like KOTCS like Spalko..Nobody takes them seriously because they were not real fans to start with.

WeAreGoingToDie

tnswman said:
The pitiful part is the haters on these boards that were already determined NOT to like KOTCS like Spalko..Nobody takes them seriously because they were not real fans to start with.

Begun, the flame war has. :(

Indyisreal

tnswman said:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
This is more of a little callback to anticipation than anything else but ...I just have to share this:

A guy (about forty years old) just told me that he absolutely has to go see Crystal Skull this friday because his son can't wait to watch it. (He most likely wouldn't if it wasn't for his son.)
He said that his 11-year-old was actually freaking out when he heard that the actor who played the lead was indeed ... Han Solo!

Hahahah... How sweet is it that an 11 year old boy gets so hyped up by that 30 year old movie/performance.
I don't even know if he has already seen an actual Indy film, though.
Who knows ...maybe -unexposed to Indy as he is- he'll actually fall in love with what he sees ...and what I hated. I'll definitely check back for his reaction...lol

I think that I'm definitely going to ask some of the kids (during hikes or so I always find it interesting to ask the kids about the books, movies and entertainment they consume or ...fictitious worlds they're fascinated by) at this year's summer camp if they've seen Crystal Skull and what they thought of it.

Last edited:

Silentrascal

Darth Vile said:
Oh come on? Is that all you've got? Your argument is hollow and you comments are, dare I say it, vacuous. You'll have to come back with something better than that to justify any continued interest in your posts. Step up to the mark and show us that your retorts are at least comparable to your ?bowel movements? sonny.

Do you need some aspirin? I'm betting you really hurt your heading trying to come up with that incredibly weak retort. I certainly hope you weren't on the debate team in school......if so I'm sure you'd have been soundly thrashed like you are on these boards. Grow up, sport.

son of Indy

Silentrascal said:
Do you need some aspirin? I'm betting you really hurt your heading trying to come up with that incredibly weak retort. I certainly hope you weren't on the debate team in school......if so I'm sure you'd have been soundly thrashed like you are on these boards. Grow up, sport.

Actually, Darth Vile is right. Your remarks ARE vacuuous. If you were on the debate team at school, they probably threw you out for being so obnoxious. The only one who needs to grow up is YOU.

Darth Vile

Silentrascal said:

LOL. Move on sonny - I think you are done here. Leave the debates to the grown ups.

MaxPhactor23

DrBeezer said:
don't know if this was posted or not...

2d8gmwy.jpg

heh.

Hah! This is awesome! Exactly how so many felt too! Let the Skull pushers deny it all they wish, but stuff like this wouldn't be made so often if they had a majority.