Phurba dagger?

Perhilion

Ok, so it's not Indy-related, but it's close enough. Anyone know where I could buy a phurba dagger like the one in Uncharted 2?

Jens

Hmmm ... Tibet, maybe? ;) :p

Sorry. Some of the other members around here pointed out this offer to me - it's not the very same like the one we see depicted in the game, but it comes close. A dagger connected to Genghis Khan it seems ...

Trennas

You can try to scour eBay for Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter editions, which come with a Phurba Dagger replica, but they will be top dollar. Shame I don't live in the states or I would have surely tried to win one when they held the contests :)

Chewbacca Jones

Jens said:
Hmmm ... Tibet, maybe? ;) :p

Sorry. Some of the other members around here pointed out this offer to me - it's not the very same like the one we see depicted in the game, but it comes close. A dagger connected to Genghis Khan it seems ...

That is a replica of the Phurba used in 90's movie "The Shadow." I think the Genghis connection stems from that.

Jens

Ah, didn't know about that (but indeed wondered, why the Khan should have owned a Phurba), thanks for clearing that up, Chewie!

Le Saboteur

I have a friend who used to smuggle heroin back in the '60s and '70s as a supplement to his exportation of Tibetan and Nepalese artefacts, and he always had a couple of phurba lying around his house. I'd ask him, but I think they ultimately went to covering lawyer fees. He goes back every so often, so I could ask him.

In the meantime, you can check out this site. They have a nice selection, as well. Alternately, there's this place.

Good luck with your search and acquisition.