cheap eBay whips

Goodeknight

Anybody own one of the really cheap eBay whips by jrzjoe? I see them on the Bay all the time.

I have no interest in buying one. I just wanted to hear from someone who has one of jrzjoe's. How do they crack? Do they look any better in person?

indyclone25

i own three of jerzjoes, two 10ft tan whips and 13ft brown whip .
the te foot whipos crack well and my son uses ow=ne of them for his costume , they are made using 4 pliats to make the whip. abit stiff when you first get them but after using them awhile they become looser. the 13 ft whip i have never been able to crack i just can't get the length to move correctly.i plan on getting some video of my son cracking a jerzjoes whip to let everyone know how they crack and sound , cause my son get it pretty loud. i have some pics with the tan whip on my shoulder , to people who are not into Indy as we are they think it looks like a real whip ( which in essence is , just not as tight as the higher price ones) and people say it looks nice with the costume or gear.
with the brown 13 ft whip
mikeysbirthday013.jpg

with the tan 10ft whip
indybag132.jpg

me cracking the ten foot whip
freecomicbookday029.jpg

Last edited:

Goodeknight

Does look pretty good for costume purposes, Indyclone. As you said, most people would think it's spot on.

So what's your main, high end whip?

indyclone25

goodeknight said:
Does look pretty good for costume purposes, Indyclone. As you said, most people would think it's spot on.

So what's your main, high end whip?
my main high end whip is a 8ft todds costume whip , looks spot on and cracks great!:D :whip:

ryanwoods91

I had one of these and it was a good whip for a very low price and I became quite good at cracking it. However, after several whip cracking sessions, it becam to unravel and it just didn't hold up. For the time being, I am Whipless. However I'm going to get a todd's as soon as I can

Goodeknight

ryanwoods91 said:
I had one of these and it was a good whip for a very low price and I became quite good at cracking it. However, after several whip cracking sessions, it becam to unravel and it just didn't hold up. For the time being, I am Whipless. However I'm going to get a todd's as soon as I can

Sounds like a good way to go. Get a cheap beater, destroy it thru practice, and then invest in something better when you know what you're doing.

p10anniv

goodeknight said:
Sounds like a good way to go. Get a cheap beater, destroy it thru practice, and then invest in something better when you know what you're doing.

This is what I did. I have a 6 foot whip that I bought at a place called Dans Boots and Saddles, a western clothing, feed store and horse supply. I paid $20 for it but I want a better one. The whip I bought is not a REAL whip but more of a prop / practice whip. They have a real 10 ft whip, black, seems well made, for $180 but I cant justify the expense. I want a better whip, perhaps a Todds whip, but then I would have to pay for shipping. Not sure what to do.

p10anniv

Update ; I went back to the store where I bought my 6 foot whip and I tried to convince them to give me a deal on the $180 10 ft whip -no deal. I was able to trade in my 6 foot for a 8 ft with a $10.71 difference in price. Its a dark brown and I like it better. These are cheap practice whips that are made in Mexico. It cracks well, I need to learn how to whip something.