Todd's satchel for Macbook Air?

rixard

I've been looking for a small bag to carry around my macbook air 11.6". Now, there are tons of options but I'd rather go for a bag that doesn't scream "laptop inside!" but rather "Indy bag!".

According to Todd's site the satchel is 11" x 10" x 3". According to Apple the Macbook air is 11.8" x 7.56" x 0.11-0.68". So what worries me is the width or rather the height as I would be carrying the laptop vertically. Anyone here who owns a bag and perhaps have a MBA 11" or has a friend who does. Does it fit?

If I can't fit the laptop, that is fine; I'll order one anyway but I am curious as to how the build quality stands up to normal usage. Carrying books, some groceries from the store etc.

Goodeknight

Everyone I've heard from says Todd's bags are great. Very sturdy construction, almost comparable to the wartime originals. Other 'authentic reproduction' Indiana Jones bags, like the cheap ones on eBay, are said to be just that - cheap. Light materials, inferior construction. But not Todd's. However, going upright with your MBA seems like it might slosh around a bit. And there will be practically no cushion to it, unlike a true laptop bag. Not that it wouldn't work.

This came up in a thread I started about people's favorite piece of gear:

IAdventurer01 said:
My most used and loved piece of equipment has to be the bag. I use it as a laptop bag, so I have it with me almost all day, everyday. (Being in IT, it's practically a requirement!)
IAdventurer01 said:
I've got the What Price Glory Mk. VII Bag, and a relatively small laptop. I think the WPG bag may run a bit bigger than standard, but I do know that it fits my 12 inch laptop like a glove! (y)

Maybe someone here will know if the What Price Glory bag is a bit oversized. If so, that could be a perfect fit for you.

rixard

goodeknight: Thanks a lot for the information. I will order it and if I can't use it for my laptop, no big deal. Great to hear that it is of good quality.

indyclone25

todds bag is made very sturdy! the canvas is very tough and thick , you won't be disappointed with the satchel.:D