Re: the upcoming IJ 5 movie - hopefully we'll get new classic IJ figures/vehicles

Billy Ray

Kevin said:
1:18 is my preferred scale as well. But again, given how they have treated SW and the Marvel movie lines, I think the most likely outcome in this scale is 5 POA figures, which I would not buy.

If they make 6" figures, I could see myself getting just Indy as a one off to put on the shelf. But the facial sculpt would have to be pretty damn good, a lot better than the 6" Han Solo offerings.

The sculpt on the 6" Han from The Force Awakens is pretty damn good IMO.

As far as 5 POA, I'm right there with you guys. I own a small handful of the Star Wars ones (OT Stormtrooper, Bespin Han, TFA Han, Kylo Ren, Phasma, and Rey). While I don't really care for the limited articulation, I will buy them if they "look" good. Like Lance said, some of the 5 POA figures do have really good sculpts, sometimes better than their SA equivalents. I have bought a few for customizing purposes as well due to this, mostly head swaps. I'd most likely do the same with Indy figures.

Kevin

I haven't seen old Han in 6" yet, but I really feel like the other ones missed the mark in terms of capturing a young Ford likeness. And if I'm being honest, a ROTLA Indy is the 6" figure I would want, hopefully with an idol and swappable gloved hands.

As far as the 5 POA guys, I haven't bought a single one. I'm sure they'll release an SA TFA Han eventually. I'm patient ;)

Billy Ray

There is an SA TFA Han out right now, though he is in his Starkiller Base cold weather gear. He's in the latest wave of the black series 3 3/4" figures that are Walmart exclusives.

Crack that whip said:
My biggest pipe dream, pie-in-the-sky, never-gonna-happen-but-I'll-dream-anyway fantasy when it comes to future Indy toys is for any of the manufacturers in general and LEGO in particular to offer us something, anything, from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles / The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones.

You're damn right about that! But one can dream ... here's a few sets a fan made based on some episodes from the show, most notably Spring-break Adventure/Mexico, 1916 and Daredevils of the Desert.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/brian_williams/sets/72157614731261989/
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/brian_williams/sets/72157622367315865/
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/brian_williams/sets/72157624823055718/
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/brian_williams/sets/72157624178336832/

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
There is an SA TFA Han out right now, though he is in his Starkiller Base cold weather gear. He's in the latest wave of the black series 3 3/4" figures that are Walmart exclusives.

Yeah. And that cold weather outfit is dumb! I'm sure Hasbro's thinking was, "well, we released the regular outfit in 5POA, so at least we're giving them variety with the black series in this other outfit."

Well, the 5POA figure is garbage and now the cold weather outfit figure is garbage, too.

GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!

Mark my words, if there are Indy 5 figures, it'll be 5POA, just as was done to Star Wars and Marvel before it.

And then I'll go berserk.

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:
Yeah. And that cold weather outfit is dumb! I'm sure Hasbro's thinking was, "well, we released the regular outfit in 5POA, so at least we're giving them variety with the black series in this other outfit."

Well, the 5POA figure is garbage and now the cold weather outfit figure is garbage, too.

GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!

Mark my words, if there are Indy 5 figures, it'll be 5POA, just as was done to Star Wars and Marvel before it.

And then I'll go berserk.

Wish I could disagree with you on the likely 1/18 scale figure offerings for any future Indy film - but unless something changes radically (i.e. the price of oil or labour drops significantly) I think 5POA is our future from here on out.

However, I could stand to have secondary, background characters as 5POA so long as core characters featured in an articulated, non-exclusive "Black Series" release.

To be honest, I'm one of those who have embraced the 6" Star Wars and Marvel figures - so I wouldn't object to a separate sub-line at that scale.