The wait is over!!!!

Tary

Finn said:
Sorry to rain on your parade, guys... but where's the original source link?

Plus, did the bearer of this news reg in just to tell us this, something any of us would probably have announced in a matter of mere hours?

Just regular caution... do I hope to be wrong with my suspicion.

<small>When it hits TheRaider.Net news, I'll cork the champagne.</small>
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061230/ap_on_en_mo/george_lucas_indiana_jones
HA HA! SON OF A *****! :D
*Rolls around in delirious glee*

Finn

Staff member
That's Yahoo, not TheRaider.Net.

...if no official quarter denies it within 24 hours...

intergamer

It was always going to happen one way or another because when speilberg sold SKG the schedule included income from a Jones movie as part of the deal..

true? if so it reduces my confidence

Goodsport

There will no doubt be celebrations all around the world as the midnight between this Sunday and Monday approaches because of this news. :cool:

-G

Teke

FINALLY!!!

This is the new that I was expecting to see for a long, long time...
Finally an official announcement. That´s all I wanted.

Well, there´s a long time before May 2008, but it will be funny, with the news, and the pictures of the filming. And I hope to see in a trailer in 2007.

Happy new year fellas, Indy is back!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Finn said:
Sorry to rain on your parade, guys... but where's the original source link?
Here's the Google news feed... currently 230 stories to choose from.

Thanks for the tip, Kenny C. Welcome!
Welcome to the Raven bar, misnomer!
Welcome, the whip!
Welcome, next exit!
(I'm going to bed soon, someone greet newbies)

IrishLuck1980

Yeah, this is for real. Lucas himself has never stated the script is complete before. Steven and Harrison have been waiting for his approval, now that they have it it is FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!!

I can't wait to see the 1st spoiler picture of Harrison back in Indy Gear. But knowing them, the first pic will be of Harrison in a suit or tux. lol

Man I'm more excited then I was when Episode I started filming. Luckly George did not write and will not direct this flick. Or it would turn out like the Prequels did. ****E.

Finn

Staff member
Moedred said:
Here's the Google news feed... currently 230 stories to choose from.
Yet, I believe it when Gilles puts it up. Knowing this guy, he double checks it. Hell... considering this caliber of news, he probably triple checks.

It's just... kinda got used to the never-ending wait, if you get what I mean. Kind of sad to see the mood change.

Indy1586

Fortune And Glory

:whip: This is very, very exciting. I cannot wait for Indiana to crack his whip and take names. I hope this will be worth the long wait. Now i must watch all three again....

"Its not the years honey, its the mileage"
Indiana Jones

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I just slept over the whole thing.

Finn, I understand your reaction (I reacted like this at first when I answered Nomad's news hint on the other thread.). I think AP news should be trusted. I also thought yesterday night, though, that it would be quite funny if this wasn't true and still would spread over every little american newspaper site like nothing.

I mean....Alicia Chang is my new heroine.

spielbergilms.com is also a pretty thoughtful news poster and they were like the second film fansite to cover the story. I don't think that Steven gave Martin Levy a call before he posted the news but ...still...I sometimes trust old institutions like the AP.

I believe that Alicia Chang actually sat down with Lucas who of course planned to spill the news at this occasion beforehand.

OTHERWISE, just the fact that the script is finished doesn't mean that the film is safe.
Anything can happen. It's a long way to Delhi.

Of course we don't share all the troubles with the filmmakers. Still if we hear about problems during the production we should always remind ourselves that there's no film without any problems to make it.

Has Harrison Ford read the script already? Has he agreed on it?

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Somebody launched their april fools story on the wrong day!!! :eek:
I'm gonna need multiple confirmations of higher instances in diffrent press releases to believe this.

Finn

Staff member
vaxer said:
I'm gonna need multiple confirmations of higher instances in diffrent press releases to believe this.
Indeed. This far, we practically have just one source. With matters as holy as this... we're going to need more.

<small>Note, we've not claimed that this would be bogus. Just... hold your horses. This is a matter where I'd genuinely hate to go 'told you so', trust me.</small>

"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said."

Given that this is the same hack that thought that Star Wars prequels would be 'really cool', I don't see that his opinion counts for much

Finn

Staff member
I'm still saying this could be... <small>Aww, put a sock on me and cork the champagne!</small>

jones3d

Yeahh, at least!!

Thanks a lot to George, Steven and Harrison for this wonderful Christmas gift :D

Greetings to all the raiders

Indy Returns!! :whip:

JimmyPSHayes

This is the best news all year!!! For over a decade us Indy fans have waited while all the Star Wars people got to go nuts! Now it's OUR TIME!!!! :D

James

Wow, what a nice belated Christmas present to wake up to!

I guess this explains the secrecy over what major film would be launched on Memorial Day 2008. :D