Shia LaBeouf in Indy IV

MsIndy07

Johan said:
Folks...what if Indy is teaching at Yale and Shia just happens to be one of his students? What better way to continue the legacy of Ravenwood. Winstone could be the Curator of the local musem (and Indy's friend). This sounds the most reaosnable to me.

Excellent idea!!

San Holo

Shia was on page 1, in the Guide Life section of the paper I read today. It was a pretty big article, and had a few pics of him-giving his best Harrison Ford look. The paper was calling him Hollywood's new "it guy", praising his talents and mentioning that Disturbia stayed numero uno at the box office for 3 weeks-something Spidey and Jack Sparrow couldn't do. It talked about Indy 4, and Shia said that he was doing "extensive weapons training".... You guys think he will be using Papa's 'ol whip?

Last edited:

Dr.Sartorius

The same quotes about his training have been circulating around a lot lately. I'm pretty sure I read them weeks ago.

Sounds like he won't be just a bumbling sidekick though. Indy needs a sidekick who can also kickass. :whip:

Echo22

I can't imagine that he needs much in the way of "extensive" training to shoot a machine gun or pistol.
:gun:
A sword? A whip? :whip:

Aliens....hmm - a lightsaber?
:confused:

Shortie

I personally don't. There's not much we need to learn about Indy's childhood...in the movies. We learned the important stuff in LC (The whip, the Fedora & The Scar). I'm probably the only one who likes the rumor of Shia being the son. As long as it's not this line "Indy...I am your son!" :p

Vendetta08

If he is Indy's son(which is what I'm banking on) and Indy IV does pretty well, would anyone be surprised if they made more films with Shia as Indy The III?

Johnny Nys

I like "Young Indy" better than "Indy's son".

By the way, who believes Shia saying he still hasn't yet read the script and doesn't know what his role is?

Johan

I just saw an interview with Shia for the animated "Surfs Up" and guess what guys.....His hair had the "greaser look"...it was slicked back onto his head and shiny....SCARY Stuff

deckard24

I finally got around to seeing Disturbia, and all I gotta say is Spielberg has a great eye for casting! Labeouf was really good, and he made the movie. To all the naysayers, he's actually a talented actor. I've seen both Disturbia and A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints now, and he was impressive in both. He's got a dry sarcastic sense of humor with a good delivery, which will match perfectly alongside Ford. If he is indeed Indy's son, I think it will work surprisingly well.
I had my doubts, but I could actually see Labeouf as Indy's kid at times in Disturbia. He has some similar mannerisms to Ford, and he looks like he could be the child of Marion and Indy. He's not a dead ringer of Ford by any means with his dark curly hair, bushy eyebrows, and weak chin. Regardless, kids are combos of both their parents. So with the longer slicked back hair and period clothes, I think he'll be pretty convincing. My only issue is that he has no physical prescence at all. He looks like a super skinny, not so tall, teenager with a baby face. So the ability for him to potentially take over and star in his own Son of Indy movie seems pretty farfetched. Unless over the next few years he matures in a big big way.

CloeyLuvsHarry

I was hoping for a DAUGHTER !!!

I remember an interview with Harrison Ford sometime back, they were talking about possible storylines for Indy 4 (Jay Leno, perhaps?), anyways, when the subject came up about whether he'd have any offpring....he (Ford) specifically said 'let's just say that I will not have a son....'

Hmmm, now you can interpret that any number of ways, but woo hoo !! I thought - AH HA !! He finds out he has a DAUGHTER, & she is just as crazy & adventurous as he is & now he has to go 'rescue' her & he's thinking that he's just 'too damn old for this sh*t now !'.....or something like that....(Classic Indy thought process, since he's never been shy about self-teasing about his age/shortcomings)

Hey Spielberg !! Try something different !! The whole FATHER/SON thing has BEEN DONE !!! A daughter would bring out Indy's softer side, which you KNOW he has, ha ha !!

I can still hope......
Shia Lebouf ?? No thanks, but I am happy that we're even getting an Indy 4 after all these years.....
I was 13 when the first one came out & it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT !!
I have quite the impressive WALL OF SHAME of Harry, many framed & autographed photos & collectible plates & one lovely bowie on whole walls, have been plastering him on my walls for many years now :p

So now maybe I am getting 'too old for this sh*t' -- ha ha -- NOT !!

:whip:

gear01

I agree with CloeyLuvsHarry

I agree with CloeyLuvsHarry 1000%. If Indy were to father a child, a daughter would be much more interesting. Indy would be more protective and more vulnerable too. I think the story of a daughter intertwined with an Indy adventure would be more sincere. True, some people just want an action packed popcorn fest, but If this truely is the last Harrison Ford Indy film then why not make something action packed, sentimental, and emotional engaging all in the same movie. Why can't an Indiana Jones movie be that great?

Honestly I'm agree with Elodie, Indyt and Gear01:hat:.
I wouldn't like to see that Indy have a son because (it's just my opinion) i think that everyone will like to be Indy's son! And seeing LaBeouf replacing that ideal "role" will be hurting me a lot. I suppose that Shia will play as a young Indy in a flashback sequence with John Hurt (starring as Abner Ravenwood) and explaing better the story between Indy and Marion:whip:
However if you compare those pics, you'll think that he could really be their son!
http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/616...ml?path=pgallery&path_key=LaBeouf, Shia&seq=8
http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0082971/IJ1_IA_290_R.jpg.html?path=gallery&path_key=0082971&seq=4