Lauterbrunnen Valley

Has anyone here been to Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland?

From photos and videos I've seen, it looks like the most beautiful place on earth.

It doesn't even look real...

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Maybe you could post some photos so we could see what the most beautiful place on earth looks like.

Moved to the Globe-trotting table.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
It's pretty idyllic indeed, the montains, the waterfall, the green grass and the cute little village...what could you ask more. Actually many villages in the Alps are like that, it's very beautiful but you have to like isolation to live there.

I've been to Fiji many times, and some parts are absolutely stunning. I'm going to New Zealand soon, so I should see some big mountains...

Zharah

*dreamy sigh*

Yep, gonna go there now. Thanks Chattar Lal! :D

Edit: Spelling, because I'm a dork. :p

Last edited:

Stoo

I'll be going to Interlaken this winter, as well. The Swiss ski season
suffered tremendously last year due to the extreme, warm weather.
Let's hope there's more snow this time!

Lauterbrunnen Valley looks gorgeous! Must check it out now that
I'm in the "neighbourhood".

Have a good time in Interlaken, Rene...:cool:

Stoo

*BUMP*

Well, I did make to Interlaken last winter and also went to nearby Grindlewald to ski but little did I realize how close they are to Lauterbrunnen Valley. It's about 1.5 hours drive away so my girlfriend & I went there YESTERDAY and had a breathtaking THRILL!

The place is absolutely stunning and is undoubtedly even more wonderous in the springtime because the valley has *72* wateralls from all the melting runoff of the surrounding Alps (Eiger, Jungfrau, Monch and Schilthorn) cascading down into a lush green terrain. The 2 famous ones were not flowing because it hasn't been warm enough but I managed to cross off an item on my life's to-do list. We went (by cable car) up to the summit of Schilthorn where Telly "Blofeld" Savalas had his hideout in James Bond's "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"! It's 3000m/9800ft high and we were above the clouds. Occasionally they broke and we could see down...

We've been up to Mt. Pilatus in Lucerne before but this was much better! Needless to say, it was an incredible, ethereal and intoxicating experience.(y)

Schilthorn_45.jpg