Top Two IJ Movies

Favorite Two IJ Movies?

• Total voters

Henry W Jones

Vance said:
It's the 'primary introduction to an exotic culture', with which most of the movie's audience is unfamiliar. As such, there's no counter-balance to show it accurately, or a statement to say this is unusual.

It's not needed to portray Die Hard's European representation because the audience already know what Europe's like. But even then, the movie does in fact explain that Hans Gruber and his cohorts are criminals wanted by Interpol. Even if you're not familiar with Europe, you're outright told that the guy's a criminal and hence not representative of Europe as a whole.

So next time you want to play a little bit of semantic 'gotcha' with me, kid, you might want to check your information first.

Hey Vance, you are ridiculous. You are assuming all races should know how Europeans are already? If a film doesn't portray a people of a certain race in a positive light it can't have characters that are evil from that race? Are you so ignorant that you need everything spelled out for you in such grand detail? Are you so ignorant that you assume all races are the way they are portrayed on the big screen? I'm not and I never assumed all or any East Indians act like they do in the film. Indiana Jones as is fiction not fact and should be taken with a grain of salt. It does portray the villagers as good so that shows all East Indians are not evil. The fact they are poor is mirrored by the wealth at the palace. They are superstitious and in 1935 I'd be willing to guess in lots of different countries there were superstitious not quite advanced tribes of people.

Montana Smith

325.jpg

Wrong thread, Henry?

Henry W Jones

Henry W Jones said:
Hey Vance, you are ridiculous. You are assuming all races should know how Europeans are already? If a film doesn't portray a people of a certain race in a positive light it can't have characters that are evil from that race? Are you so ignorant that you need everything spelled out for you in such grand detail? Are you so ignorant that you assume all races are the way they are portrayed on the big screen? I'm not and I never assumed all or any East Indians act like they do in the film. Indiana Jones as is fiction not fact and should be taken with a grain of salt. It does portray the villagers as good so that shows all East Indians are not evil. The fact they are poor is mirrored by the wealth at the palace. They are superstitious and in 1935 I'd be willing to guess in lots of different countries there were superstitious not quite advanced tribes of people.

Montana Smith said:

Oops!!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Last edited: