What's your favorite Indy Collectible?

lao che & sons

I haven't found anything like this but sorry if this was already made.

What is your absolute favorite piece of Indiana Jones merchandise in your collection?

Mine has to be the raiders of the lost ark read along adventure that has never been opened. I found that by accident in a local comic shop. It looks really good sitting on my collection shelf. But I have to say that the temple of doom action figures from hasbro are a close second ;)

Goonie

Hmmm, hard to say. I think I'll go with my 12" Ark. Looks great on my bookshelf with my 12" Indy standing beside it. All we need is a 12" Sallah to go with it, or a couple of 12" Nazis or 12" Belloq in ceremonial robe. (hopefully we'll get these when or if Indy 5 comes out)

I also have a fondness for the Burger King toys that came out last year. Especially Boulder Escape, Stunt Jump Mine Car, and the Temple of Mystery. Speaking of Burger King toys, I found a site for those of you that still want to buy them:
http://www.fastfoodtoys.net/burger ...NG INDIANA JONES KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
But they're a little steep. $39.99 for the whole set or $6.99 each. :eek: These guys whould through in a Whopper at least.

lao che & sons

Goonie said:
Hmmm, hard to say. I think I'll go with my 12" Ark. Looks great on my bookshelf with my 12" Indy standing beside it. All we need is a 12" Sallah to go with it, or a couple of 12" Nazis or 12" Belloq in ceremonial robe. (hopefully we'll get these when or if Indy 5 comes out)

I also have a fondness for the Burger King toys that came out last year. Especially Boulder Escape, Stunt Jump Mine Car, and the Temple of Mystery. Speaking of Burger King toys, I found a site for those of you that still want to buy them:
http://www.fastfoodtoys.net/burger ...NG INDIANA JONES KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
But they're a little steep. $39.99 for the whole set or $6.99 each. :eek: These guys whould through in a Whopper at least.

I never got the burger king toys. They look cool though(y)

Mephisto

This is probably my favorite. It's my largest painting and looks great above my TV.
DSCF0097.jpg

FETT1

All my INDY item's are GREAT!!!...I could not get enough of the INDY product 's when they were on the shelves up here in EDMONTON,ALBERTA,CANADA...
I was sad to see the line fail so quickly @ retail...Up here in CANADA we (fans)did not see some of the item's that hit other part's of the WORLD!
Never saw the CLOTH CANOPY CARGO TRUCK(anyone???ANYONE??)up here or the 12"RUSSIAN FIGURE...have one now ..THANK YOU JERRY...
But my FAV. is MY MAIL AWAY item's...especially the 12" ARK...WOW...

THANKS for asking..
FETT1

indyclone25

my favorite collectible has to be my raiders of the lost ark 27x40 movie poster the one that says "the return of the great adventure"

NickTurner

Don't know if I'd call 'em collectibles or toys, but I love that we got the chase truck and troop car (first things I bought) plus Indy on the horse and - of course - Nazis! (Oh, I'm sorry. I mean "German soldiers".)

I made a sidecar, so all I need now is a Mercedes staff car. I found a 1:18 2 seater which matches pretty well, but I really need a 4 seater to match the movie. Then I'd have the whole convoy. Cool!

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
my favorite collectible has to be my raiders of the lost ark 27x40 movie poster the one that says "the return of the great adventure"

that one is my favorite too... thought I really would like the art of the close up of Indy holding the gun... I think it was a Polish 1 sheet or maybe Germany..

indyclone25

Mitchellhallock said:
that one is my favorite too... thought I really would like the art of the close up of Indy holding the gun... I think it was a Polish 1 sheet or maybe Germany..
i would love to get some of those foreign posters , that would be a nice add on to my poster collection, maybe i'll get lucky at the chicago comic con this weekend

EddyW

After eyeballing it for more then a year and telling myself I don't need it (that bad), I finally caved in the bought the Sideshow Indy Raiders Premium Figure. I tried to hold myself back, I even ordered a Sideshow 12" Indy and built it a custom base that resembled the Premium Format, resculpted the hands to hold the idol right, hoping my inner geek would settle for this cheaper figure, but deep down inside I knew it wouldn't be enough. Usually I'm not really fond of stuff with real clothes, but I absolutely love this figure. It's so well done. I think I got my grail right here (although it will probably be very tempting to get more Premium Figures if sideshow release more of them).

MarionRavenChu

Other then my boyfriends costume of Indy..<3 I would have to say the 19" inch talking doll that says lines from Raiders that I picked up at the last convention I was a guest at,best part is I picked it up for only 30 bucks.

AncientCityCon138.jpg

DocWhiskey

I recently purchased the Sideshow ROTLA Indy and am in love with it. So that's for favorite for the moment.

Saber79

I love all of my Indy stuff, but I would have to go with these top three as my favorites:

1) The Headpiece to the Staff of Ra replica I got from my wife for my birthday last year....truly a beautiful piece.

2) Temple of Doom drinking glass set of 4 from 1984. I know they are inexpensive and readily available, but I just love them and they look awesome on my shelf.

3) The Amsel Raiders poster from 1981 I have framed over my computer.

Crack that whip

Ah, where to begin...

Most of this stuff isn't here at my apartment but instead is stored at my parents' house, a two-hour drive away (I intend to eventually retrieve it all when I get a bigger place of my own), so I can't provide photos of most of it at the moment (though I might revisit this thread sometime for that), but here's a rundown of some of my favorites:

First of all are the actual Indy adventures themselves, in the form of various DVDs, laserdiscs and so on; it's all about the series, after all, and surely the cornerstone pieces of any Indy collection should be a set of Indy media relating his various adventures. I should probably also count the novels and comics and games and whatnot, too...

The soundtracks albums. I have a lot of releases, with a fair amount of redundancy as far as the movie soundtracks go; the most essential discs are probably these:
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Volumes 1-4 - all four discs released by Varèse Sarabande back in the day
Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection - last year's wonderful anthology from Concord Records
Raiders of the Lost Ark - the 1995 DCC expanded release (which still has an eensy bit of music not in Concord's more recent, more comprehensive release); I have not only the CD but the limited-pressing LP as well (which has a little more music still)

- and for rarity / curiosity value, a promo disc CD single of "The Raiders March," featuring a version of the famous theme; this was a promotional item distributed to radio stations for the release of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade back in 1989. It has absolutely plain, generic labeling / packaging, but it is indeed an official Warner Bros. CD (since Warner Bros. Records released the soundtrack). I got it via someone I knew who worked at a radio station. It's the shortest audio CD I have, soundtrack or otherwise - just the one track, running 2:24.

Several Indy one-sheets. I love the gorgeous theater posters for this series, and I'm fortunate to have a few of them (some original, some licensed reprints or "restrikes"). I also have Kilian Enterprises' Raiders of the Lost Ark 10th Anniversary one-sheet, featuring Drew Struzan's artwork that was originally used on some of the foreign posters.

Aside from those, there's another Indy poster I'm particularly fond of, one of the licensed commercial posters. It's nifty in showing a very cool but different Indy "look" from the one we see most often - it has a photo of the very dashing Harrison-as-Indy in his swanky white tux at the Club Obi Wan, and reads "Indiana Jones" across the bottom, but instead of the classic Indy logo, the name is presented in Art Deco-style typography, apropos of the image.

The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Viewmaster reels. There were Viewmaster reels for the original three movies, but just the "fake 3-d" type where they take ordinary 2-d photos and make "cutouts" with them to simulate 3-d scenes - not nearly as cool as actual 3-d photography (it's also just one set of three reels covering all three movies, so just one reel - a measly seven pix - per movie). On Young Indy, though, Viewmaster actually had one of their own company photographers on the set during production of "British East Africa, September 1909" - they often have their own, specially-taken photos for some of their licenses and other projects - so there's a whole set of 21 cool 3-d images covering this one episode of the show, and the images are ones created specifically for this one item of merchandise, so they're not just 3-d versions of some of the same publicity stills one sees used over and over, but images unique to this product. It's really cool.

Indiana Jones LEGO sets. I've been (back) into LEGO for years now, and Indy was my #1 fantasy license for most of the past decade when they were doing Star Wars and various other, less successful licenses. I've been doing my best to keep up with the theme, and have gotten most of the sets so far, and certainly hope to be able to get all of them (and duplicates!). The minifigs are great, and the models are actually really well-done designs, yet with plenty of room for satisfying creative improvement and improvising. This line brings me such joy. While I understand the frustration of the Hasbro collectors, I have to admit I can't really empathize; I can't imagine a cooler, more charming and just plain fun Indy toy line than this. The only thing better could be seeing it extend to include everything I'd ever want to see in the LEGO Indyverse, and hopefully we'll get at least some more sets next year...

JCC1004

I don't have much but my complete Lego Indy collection is quite impressive. Looks nice on the shelves going around my media room with Indy posters.