Hot Toys Indiana Jones Figure

as good as they probably will look, Im happy with the Sideshow dolls at the price I paid. Hot Toys is too rich for my blood, especially for dolls I want to take out of the package and play with:)

Montana Smith

Hot Toys are expensive, but they blow the competition out of the water. (They make Medicom look like Barbie Dolls!)

Because of the cost I only have two -DX01 Joker (with the moving glass eyes) and Policeman Joker.

This is good news, and something I will probably be saving for.

Exulted Unicron

I saw a thread on it on another toy forum. They are very nice toys. But too rich for my tastes. Sadly, more Indy toys I'll be missing out on, unless I find them cheaper

Billy Ray

This is AWESOME news! Hot Toys does amazing work. I am already saving(y)

Montana, how much do the dx figures generally go for?

I am good for at least the ROTLA Indy but, yeah, collecting a full blown line is probably out of the question for me.

Can't wait to see pics!

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Montana, how much do the dx figures generally go for?

I paid £129.99 delivered for the Joker - that was for the complete Joker with body, plus the police uniform and the policeman head. I've never regretted that purchase. The sculpting, and level of detail and quality in the clothing and accessories never fail to blow me away (right down to the miniature safety pins that hold the grenades to the harness inside his overcoat).

Billy Ray said:
I am good for at least the ROTLA Indy but, yeah, collecting a full blown line is probably out of the question for me.

That's the frightening thing. I almost hope they don't make any more after ROTLA. The temptation is dangerous!

DSCN3752.jpg

EDIT:

How could I forget these?

I also have 3 Hot Toys Planet of the Apes figures:

DSCN3817.jpg

DSCN3819.jpg

DSCN3818.jpg

DSCN3820.jpg

I bought these second hand, but they were mint boxed, so cost less than retail.

anybody else check out the Hot Toys facebook page? Kinda sickening that they announce the Indiana Jones figures and all the feedback/comments are people being excited that Star Wars figures may not be far behind. C'mon! It's Indiana Jones! STAR WARS CAN SUCK IT!:mad:

Billy Ray

I hope the Star Wars speculation isn't true. I collect both SW and Indy. I have too much $$ invested in Sideshow's SW line to start over now. I can make an exception for Indy though. :whip:

JackBurton

Since this will be a collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys I think we will see some Star Wars figures never produced by Sideshow, like Chewie or Boba Fett. On the other hand, main characters like Han, Luke, Leia and Vader would be great as well.

As for Indy I think we will get the ultimate RotlA figure. Maybe with all the different costumes he wore through the film (Professor, Map Room, German Uniform). Maybe whishful thinking. After that I would assume we get the predicted ToD figures. The Hot Toys Muscle Body is perfect for an ToD Indy. Also the female bodies are way superior to Sideshows, so the female characters will be most possible released by Hot Toys.

Montana Smith

JackBurton said:
Since this will be a collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys I think we will see some Star Wars figures never produced by Sideshow, like Chewie or Boba Fett.

Sideshow Boba is allegedly already on his way.

Hot Toys could definitely step in to make Chewie a reality, though. They know how to make manageble 'fur' as with the very controllable ape fur.

JackBurton said:
As for Indy I think we will get the ultimate RotlA figure. Maybe with all the different costumes he wore through the film (Professor, Map Room, German Uniform). Maybe wishful thinking.

Nice idea, and they'd sell a lot of naked Truetype figures as long as the 'Ultimate ROTLA Indy' came with a head for each outfit.

JackBurton said:
After that I would assume we get the predicted ToD figures. The Hot Toys Muscle Body is perfect for an ToD Indy. Also the female bodies are way superior to Sideshows, so the female characters will be most possible released by Hot Toys.

I'm not sure on muscle bodies if they're the rubber ones. I wouldn't lay out serious money for a rubber body, not after hearing stories of how some have cracked and perished. I would have loved to have Hot Toy's Hellboy, but not after I heard some people were desperately rubbing baby oil into his chest to preserve him. :eek:

JackBurton

Montana Smith said:
Sideshow Boba is allegedly already on his way.
Oh, great. I totally missed this.

Montana Smith said:
I'm not sure on muscle bodies if they're the rubber ones. I wouldn't lay out serious money for a rubber body, not after hearing stories of how some have cracked and perished. I would have loved to have Hot Toy's Hellboy, but not after I heard some people were desperately rubbing baby oil into his chest to preserve him. :eek:

You're right. The rubber bodies are far from perfect. I thought more about the new muscle body like they used on Predators Royce. The elbow articulation is a little bit limited, but the look is great.

Dig Site 1138

JackBurton said:
Since this will be a collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys I think we will see some Star Wars figures never produced by Sideshow, like Chewie or Boba Fett. On the other hand, main characters like Han, Luke, Leia and Vader would be great as well.

As for Indy I think we will get the ultimate RotlA figure. Maybe with all the different costumes he wore through the film (Professor, Map Room, German Uniform). Maybe whishful thinking. After that I would assume we get the predicted ToD figures. The Hot Toys Muscle Body is perfect for an ToD Indy. Also the female bodies are way superior to Sideshows, so the female characters will be most possible released by Hot Toys.

Hot Toys already did ROTLA Indy, and honestly, I thought the Sideshow Indy was way better. the Muscle Body does intrigue me, however. Two words : German Mechanic!

Word has it Sideshow has Short Round in development. Mostly, I'd like Sideshow to collaborate with Hot Toys, using the greatest strengths of both (I prefer Sideshow's jackets with fake- but in scale- zippers and also I really like the Sideshow Prometheus body) to create a line that includes somebody besides friggin' Indy! :mad:

Two villains and Indy's Dad is not much of a toy line.

UIMJ

I'm glad that Indy is getting more exposure, and I'm a fan of Hot Toys Iron Man stuff. But, I also think that a lot of companies have the license, and we've gotten quite a few of the same toy (albeit different sculpts).

Of course Hot Toys will release a standard Indy, but I hope that they diversify the line immediately.

Dig Site 1138

So, apart from Indy, Toht, Belloq and Henry Sr., (and Short Round? )who would you most like to see as the next action figure from Hot Toys/Sideshow ?