Indiana Jones UK VHS releases

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
griffbo said:
Does anybody have a definitive list of UK VHS releases for the Indiana Jones films. I'm trying to work out which VHS tapes I'm missing. If anybody has this along with the release dates of the tapes that would be really useful.

Something like this blog for Star Wars VHS tapes would be good:

http://worldofblackout.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/200-geek-detour-part-iv.html

Depends how detailed you want to go?

Here's the UK Pre-cert CIC December 1983 time-code issue of Raiders!

indiaiaback8.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Sanp indeed!

UKrent.jpg

However, does yours have the picture missing from the side or the varient UK stickers!!

videos.jpg

Last edited:

griffbo

I'm not too fussed about variants. My original goal is just to get at least one copy of each video release.

One thing that seems to be sadly lacking on this forum is definitive guides to Indiana Jones collectibles.

What we need is a collectibles sticky where collectors can look at what is out there and to check what they need rather than having disparate threads throughout the forum.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
griffbo said:
I'm not too fussed about variants. My original goal is just to get at least one copy of each video release.

One thing that seems to be sadly lacking on this forum is definitive guides to Indiana Jones collectibles.

What we need is a collectibles sticky where collectors can look at what is out there and to check what they need rather than having disparate threads throughout the forum.

We do. Hopefully the theraider.net can start to fufil that need. Here's a basic list covering inital release and varient cover editions.

UK 2003 Paramount - THX Editions
UK 2000 Paramount - Adventures of ... Editions
UK 1999 Paramount/CIC box set
UK 1992 Paramount - Best Sellers (Rotla, Tod, LC)
UK 1990 CIC (re-issue - Rotla,Tod,LC)
UK 1990 CIC (LC)
UK 1989 CIC Temple of Doom (LC ad)
UK 1988 CIC (re-Rolta - Hollywood Studios)
UK 1986 CIC (TOD)
UK 1983 CIC (Rotla)

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
JuniorJones said:
Hopefully the theraider.net can start to fufil that need.
There will be a page of the ideal versions of all formats over the years, from Betamax to CED. We have tended to ignore lesser versions (like the fullscreen option). If there's a list of versions, we can include that...

1999-back.jpg

griffbo

JuniorJones said:
We do. Hopefully the theraider.net can start to fufil that need. Here's a basic list covering inital release and varient cover editions.

UK 1990 CIC (LC)
UK 1986 CIC (TOD)
UK 1983 CIC (Rotla)

Thanks for the list JuniorJones. OK, now for some photos to identify the versions. I can't complete them all as I'm missing some but I've put on the following photos which I now need to link to your list. It's annoying because unlike other video releases the CIC videos don't seem to have a date against the video release (not that I can see) which makes it more difficult to identify them.

UK 1983 CIC (Rotla) which we've already covered

2013-03-09142341_zps1fcf42bf.jpg

UK 1986 CIC (TOD)

2013-03-09142400_zps7cae482b.jpg

2013-03-09142442_zpsea58098a.jpg

2013-03-09142501_zps229d896d.jpg

UK 1990 CIC (LC)

2013-03-09142523_zps8717df76.jpg

2013-03-09142612_zps7ae576e9.jpg

2013-03-09142643_zpsf884ff47.jpg

Also added the Great Movie Stunts & Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark released with the Adventures of... Editions

2013-03-09142703_zps0562940a.jpg

Please correct me if any of these are wrong.
Now it would be great to get some pics of the missing ones from the list which I think are:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
griffbo said:
Thanks for the list JuniorJones. OK, now for some photos to identify the versions. I can't complete them all as I'm missing some but I've put on the following photos which I now need to link to your list. It's annoying because unlike other video releases the CIC videos don't seem to have a date against the video release (not that I can see) which makes it more difficult to identify them.

Just a slight amendment to the list. Memory not as it was.

UK 2000 (not 2003 DVD) Paramount - THX Editions - Widescreen
UK 2000 Paramount - Adventures of ... Editions (Box Set - etc)

Indianajonesbox.jpg

UK 1992 Paramount - Best Sellers (Rotla, Tod, LC) - Raiders sample.

File201-1.jpg

UK 1990 CIC (re-issue - Rotla,Tod,LC) - Slighly more difficult as the cover is the same as the UK 1990 CIC (LC) which has this on the inside inlay with complete the adventure

back201.jpg

However the re-issue has this on the inside of the inlay...The Indiana Jones Collection!

File201.jpg

Also the re-issue TOD is with the LC caption.

Enjoy the hunt as I imagine some collectors will be cracking open the VHS cases just to make sure they have got them all.:D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Also - for the completist...the large box UK rentals.

TOD edition.

templerent.jpg

Gotta Catch'em all. :D

Last edited: