Indy 4 intro

00Kevin

Indyfan
What do you guys think would be a good intro to Indy 4? perhaps another young indy segment like in Last Crusade only with SPF. Maby Indy searching for a relic mabey with companion to help. INdy persuing the murderers or kidnappers of one of his friends. A segment from one of the Indy Jones Comics from dark horse? what do you guys Think???

00Kevin

Bakudo

For an Indy 4 intro, I'd like it to be something like Indy is looking for the gold idol again. You know he said Belloq had sell it in Marakesh. Maybe he could have a small intro adventure pursuing the thiefs of the gold idol.

And because he is getting old he looses it again. Or finally gets it. :)

Indy Smith

Something funny.

How about we have it set in the future with Old Indy (The guy who was in young Indy Chronicles) dieing on his death bed. He decides to tell his family about an adventure that begun whe he was but a young man in world war one. We then head to a time later and Indiana Jones is caught up in the adventure a while later in his life. I don't exactly have specific idea about what could happen, but it would be a good way to end the Indy films. To have Indiana Joones tell a memorable story on his death bed as he departs the world.

Bakudo

Or the movie begins with Indy in India, searching for the two remaining stones of the Temple of Doom! He then gets pursue by some remaining thugees! Ok, too much reharsh.:)

thefumegator

I like the Idol idea...

But if they did that, I wonder how they would go about it. In Raiders, Indy suggests that Belloq sold the Idol in Marrakesh, but in the script Belloq states that the Hovito's took it from him.

I think that it would be a cool idea to say that the hovitos put the idol back into the temple through some other route, and maybe Indy would be inspired to go back and get it (Kind of like the "return to Peru" level on INFERNAL MACHINE).

Good Idea, Bakudo!

Wes

Indy 4

New Indy 4 beginning

In the best of the Indiana Jones tradition, the movie should begin with Indy searching for a artifact in a foreign country ; maybe Southeast Asia(Thailand,Cambodeia). Have him either find a artifact that is not rare or find the tomb or temple robbed. This makes Indy upset, to the point where he thinks about retiring. Because he thinks all the rare artifacts have all been found(reference:Infernal Machine beginning. From there have the tomb robbers or enemies get into a fight with him, and have him make another great escape. Then of course it is back to the University. From there Indy goes into his next great adventure.........

Bakudo

One of the coolest thing about Indy movies is the intro. The 3 intro of each movies are great, I mean it, they are pure master-piece. They really have to come up with something new. Raiders had the classic "search for an artefact". Temple of Doom had the "deal with gangster in a bar which turns into a battle" and Last Crusade had "young indy adventure".

DrJones56

IndyFan
For one, Indy can't die, he drank from the TRUE Grail, so he has eternal life. But, can he be killed by an outside source, I'd like to know about that. Maybe he can't die of natural causes, but maybe he can be killed by say, a shot to the head. But anyway, for an intro. to Indy 4, I think it should have him in his mid to late twenties searching for, let's say, an ancient gold mask of some sort, kida' like the one he was searching for in the book Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils. In fact, that very story, and maybe tell about how he and Deirdre got married or something, just a 10 or 15 minute segment and then head on in to the main story. That would be cool, but that's just me. c|:)

thefumegator

Jones 1899...

You asked about the whole "grail" thing, and I have an answer.
In the film the whole situation is a bit fuzzy, but in the script and the novel, the grail knight says that the seal in the floor is the extent of the power of the grail.

So, in essence, once indy ran out of the temple in the canyon of the crescent moon, it was possible for him to die again...

Wes

Jack

Bakudo's suggestion of having Indy locate the gold idol
from the opening sequence of "Raiders" could work.
Maybe it would be more interesting if "Indy 4" ENDED
with Indy locating the idol once again. Since "Indy 4"
will most likely be the last film of the series having
it end the way it all began might be kind of appropriate.

Also, we don't need to see Indy die. Who really wants
to see him as a very old and sick man?

S

Shipwreck

I like it jack

i like the gold idol thing Jack... completes a full circle. I really like it, although there would of course be something more in the middle of the movie somewhere, but having the idol again...that really is a cool idea!

Bakudo

It would work only as an introduction. It would be cool to see Indy, having a hard time getting the idol again but this time it would be because of his age. :)

S

Shipwreck

Hmm....

Hmmm... I still like the idol thought...the more i think about it the more i like it...I really do...did i tell you that I liked the idol thing?

S

Shipwreck

Good idea....

Good idea....did i tell you that i liked the idol idea...i don't think i did....lol

S

Shipwreck

Be patient Bak...

Gilles is pretty busy at the moment... you just have to bear with him and the others. A lot of new things going on, I understand.

Bakudo

Oh, I understand. I was just proud because it was my first script in english. My first language is french. :)