who likes it?

who likes KotCS?

• i do

Votes: 118 81.4%
  • i don't

Votes: 27 18.6%

• Total voters

Major West

So 85% of people like KOTCS according to the poll. Seems pretty conclusive, and half a dozen people continually bombarding this forum with negativity will not change that. In the words of William Shatner, get a life and a girlfriend.

col.dietrich

Violet Indy said:
Is anyone getting the feeling that this guy is working for Spielberg or is it just me? By the way, if you are, you're not the first I've caught out here.
um... do you know of many 13 year olds working for spielberg? i am a teenager who has realised that kotcs has been getting alot of putdowns:gun: :whip: (y) :( ;) :cool: :rolleyes: :D :) :p :confused: :eek: :hat: :dead: :sick:

DocWhiskey

col.dietrich said:
um... do you know of many 13 year olds working for spielberg? i am a teenager who has realised that kotcs has been getting alot of putdowns:gun: :whip: (y) :( ;) :cool: :rolleyes: :D :) :p :confused: :eek: :hat: :dead: :sick:

Congratulations! You have used every smilie on The Raven known to man in one post!

Here's a cookie:

33os9vq.jpg

AlivePoet

DocWhiskey said:
Congratulations! You have used every smilie on The Raven known to man in one post!

Here's a cookie:

33os9vq.jpg

Darn it all, Doc...I thought you're supposed to promote healthy eating habits. :p

Zealot

I didn't vote, since I'm undecided. To me, it's the worst of the 4 movies, but I still like the majority of scenes, so...I don't know.

Indyfan1981

I’ve gotten used to it. It does have a scene in the jungle that makes no sound sense? The sword fighting has a few (echo reverberation) and in jungle with very little in the way of hard parallel walls this is impossible! It’s embarrassing to watch that moment.

I think Ben Burtt needs to redo that without the echo!

I can not vote because my vote is in-between!

AndyLGR

I don't like it. The movie doesnt have the sweeping epic feel of the originals (maybe with the exception of TOD) and once they get to Peru the film dies. The last hour or so of the movie I thought was bad and kills it for me, up until that point I'm enjoying it.

For the last hour - there are too many heros on screen, the ending makes no sense at all, Ox was just a waste (was he brought in to replace Connery?), the skull seems a pointless quest, too much cheesy humour in the action scenes, poor story explanation and terrible humour overrall. Why was the jungle escape / quicksand / help scene in there at all? There feels like there is no relationship between the characters and I didn;t care what happened to them either, there is no sense of peril, the son thing is badly handled. Karen Allen and Ray Winstone are under used. To top it off I can't shake my original feelings that aliens just don't belong in an Indiana Jones movie. I've tried to love this film, but I can't. This film was more of a disappointment to me than The Phantom Menace :eek:

AndyLGR

Rocket Surgeon said:
Now you've gone too far sir!

It wasn't that bad!

But it is amazing how easily some people are pleased!
Thats a meausure of how disappointed I am with the new Indy and I came out of TPM feeling let down, but nothing on the scale of disappointment after watching KOTCS. But everyones opinion (good or bad) is as valid as the next one. Its the final half of the movie that ruins it for me. I've seen it loads of times since I watched it on the cinema and my views havent changed too much, depsite me hoping they would. First half I like, second I don't.

Meerkat

DocWhiskey said:

Here's a cookie:

33os9vq.jpg
Ooh! Ooh! I want some! *clicks smilies rapidly*
:) :D :p :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :( :whip: (y) :mad: :eek: (n) :hat: :sleep: :gun: :confused: :sick: :eek: :dead:
Now gimme a cookie.

Major West said:
So 85% of people like KOTCS according to the poll. Seems pretty conclusive, and half a dozen people continually bombarding this forum with negativity will not change that. In the words of William Shatner, get a life and a girlfriend.

I second this.
It got a 76% rating on RottenTomatoes.Com, which is actually pretty good in my opinion. This is kind of like Twilight, anyone who has ever watched KOTCS either loves it or hates it. Very few people are in between.

lao che & sons

AndyLGR said:
I This film was more of a disappointment to me than The Phantom Menace :eek:

My god! The phantom menace was HORRIBLE! I vowed never to watch another prequal trilogy star wars again after that.

I liked it KOTCS. It really got me into Indy. At that time I was more into music, particularly the 50s/60s and when hound dog came on I fell in love with them film. No, literally we got married, it was vegas and well... but now we're devorced:p Oh wait 13 year-olds can't get married! Oh well, what happens in Vegas...:rolleyes:

But anyways I liked it and I had just seen the first three on tv so I was already getting into it. Then that diner scene and car chase just had me going. But then I went back to watch temple, raiders, and crusade and realized how much better they were. Point being, I like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:eek:

JCC1004

KOTCS is my least favorite Indy moive. Harrison being older, the adventure wasn't the same(the aliens were fine), seemed more "kid-friendly" then the others, and it didn't feel like Indy. It did revive my love for Indy after loving Star Wars for along time. It wasn't a fail I do like the moive and the fact it has revived the Indy in me.:)

lao che & sons

JCC1004 said:
KOTCS is my least favorite Indy moive. Harrison being older, the adventure wasn't the same(the aliens were fine), seemed more "kid-friendly" then the others, and it didn't feel like Indy. It did revive my love for Indy after loving Star Wars for along time. It wasn't a fail I do like the moive and the fact it has revived the Indy in me.:)

I agree. It was good, but it wasn't GOOD. I consider the original trilogy of indiana jones and the original trilogy of star wars the best that lucasfilm has to offer.;) lately george hasn't been making them as good as usual.:(