What scene does Indy say, "This is intolerable!" to Mutt in Indy IV?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It's as they are fleeing the camp, just after Indy and Spalko are trying to decipher the riddle while inspecting a map. It's a long shot of them running through the jungle from right to left, I think.

Joosse

It's one of those things that creep in as you get older.

I am always trying very hard not to be like my father, but my wife occasionally points out to me that I react to certain things exactly like my father does... :eek:

If you get told 'this is intolerable' as a child often enough, you'll end up saying it without even realising it...

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
It's one of those things that creep in as you get older.

I am always trying very hard not to be like my father, but my wife occasionally points out to me that I react to certain things exactly like my father does... :eek:

If you get told 'this is intolerable' as a child often enough, you'll end up saying it without even realising it...

Have you ever said it to one of your students in class? Give them the Ford finger and your best stare for maximum effect.

indyrcks

that moment didn't feel like Indy to me :( Indy does not say it's intolerable he was like his father, anyway why did he act more older.

Montana Smith

indyrcks said:
that moment didn't feel like Indy to me :( Indy does not say it's intolerable he was like his father, anyway why did he act more older.

Because he was older? In KOTCS Indy is admitting that he isn't as young as he used to be, he has more personal responsibilities, and also a dodgy hip!

TennesseBuck

Intolerable?

Someone on the imdb stated that Indy says the line, "Intolerable" in Crystal Skull. When does he say that because I can't seem to locate such a moment?

TennesseBuck said:
Someone on the imdb stated that Indy says the line, "Intolerable" in Crystal Skull. When does he say that because I can't seem to locate such a moment?

Now, thankfully, I haven't seen this atrocity since opening night.

But I recall two points specifically where he either quoted or referenced Last Crusade. One was the motorcycle chase-- he might have said it there. And he also says one of Sr's lines in the sandpit. Try those two.