Elsa Schneider: Canyon of the Crescent Moon

Niteshade007

Great job! I look forward to seeing the completed ensemble. My friends and I discussed dressing up, but instead we're just going to have a little party before seeing the movie and go in normal clothes. We did get to dress up for an Indy movie we made for a class, so I guess that counts.

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
Great job! I look forward to seeing the completed ensemble. My friends and I discussed dressing up, but instead we're just going to have a little party before seeing the movie and go in normal clothes. We did get to dress up for an Indy movie we made for a class, so I guess that counts.

Well I know you're a Florida resident... My husband, my friends and I will all be dressed up for the midnight show at Pleasure Island AMC in Downtown Disney. Just putting the info out there... no pressure. :) We're always in the mood for meeting more Indy fans. (y)

Niteshade007

Thanks! But actually, I'll be in Tallahassee. Some of my friends are up there for Summer school and can't exactly take off in the middle of the week, lol. But I do appreciate the offer. That theater is nice.

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
Thanks! But actually, I'll be in Tallahassee. Some of my friends are up there for Summer school and can't exactly take off in the middle of the week, lol. But I do appreciate the offer. That theater is nice.
Yeah... had a feeling you already had your day planned out. But thought I'd put it out there anyways. Hehehe. :)

I'm currently sitting at work... antsy to get home and finish painting my grail...

...my goggles still smell all antique-y and gross so I have to somehow delicately scrub those. They really aren't in any condition to be on my face at this point. :sick:

...also I decided to tea-stain my jacket and I've got to get started on that.

nezobiwan

Now, THAT'S the cup of a carpenter!

Grail, grail, grail! HUH! *Swings arms back and forth* (Ok... that's an EPCOT joke that no one will understand...)

0507081908-1.jpg

So yeah... that's my grail. I shined my flashlight inside so you can see the gold. :)

It's a plastic cup from Publix that I painted with acrylics. The inside is a lovely shiny gold and the outside is "sable brown" with the gold dry-brushed over random parts of it.

Not terribly accurate, I know I know. But for how little I paid ($3 cup, $5 paints). It'll do, donkey. It'll do. :)

bonoferox

Nice job :)
I'll post some pics of my grail tonight (I was away from this thread for a bit).

You're lucky to see it at the DD theater...I'm really rather envious. The only time I get to Florida is once a year in March at Madeira Beach near Tampa / St. Petersburg. I do have a friend that plays / played Woody at Disney Studios, so he was my hook-up for the Disney IJ Outpost when I couldnt get what was there.

bonoferox

She definitely earned bonus points for making it. She also gave me the covering for my custom-made grail diary (which literally took me 3 years to do by hand....it sucked).

nezobiwan

bonoferox said:
She also gave me the covering for my custom-made grail diary (which literally took me 3 years to do by hand....it sucked).
Yeah.... I bought my 'grail diary' at Barnes&Noble a month ago... and I'm just fudging along in it with a felt tip pen... I'm halfway done... I'm a major cheater. :eek:

bonoferox

I thought about getting one of those since it was about the exact height and everything, but the paper was lined :(

Found a small-sized sketchbook at Hobby Lobby that was the correct size, but the flaps were black leather, which were stripped and replaced with brown felt (finding that right color leather is impossible here for some reason)

nezobiwan

Nearly done!

0504081618a-1.jpg

I still have to add trim to the top of my camisole, tea stain the jacket, and paint the top collar black. I'm getting really excited now! Looking to dye my hair blonde tomorrow; I'll let you know how that goes. :rolleyes:

DocWhiskey

nezobiwan said:
Nearly done!

0504081618a-1.jpg

I still have to add trim to the top of my camisole, tea stain the jacket, and paint the top collar black. I'm getting really excited now! Looking to dye my hair blonde tomorrow; I'll let you know how that goes. :rolleyes:
ilikethatsj9.gif

nezobiwan

Thanks, folks. :eek: :D

Only a couple of days to go! I'm at work pretending to give a crap, but really just working on finishing my grail diary. :rolleyes: ;)

nezobiwan

bonoferox said:
How much left of it do you have?
I've been using Indygear.com as a reference. I'm using writing/drawing material from the actual movie prop and also from the video game diary. I have 1/4 of the Barnes&Noble diary filled... but this sucker has a lot of pages! I plan to fill at least half of it by Wednesday. I'm going to try and print out all of the little extras too: the zepplin ticket, etc. It's more of a "flip through and recognize some stuff from the movie and also see that effort was put into it" sort of prop.

Nez be a lazy one. :hat: