Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

RedeemedChild said:
I did not say that I hated Staff of Kings. I only said that I was turned off by the realism of the character designs. Nor did I say that I was ditching the game. I'm an Indiana Jones fan and I intend to try the game out when it is released. I have nothing against the game nor those of you who like the character designs. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and I respect that.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed was great and I enjoyed all the hoopla surrounding it and I enjoyed the book adaption along with the comic adaption (graphic novels). I sure hope that LucasArts and Lucasfilm will give Staff of Kings the same kind of big promotional push they gave to SW: TFU because I'll be sure to pick up a Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings comic book tie-in.

Furthermore I hope that George Lucas and friends will devote their time to giving the archeologist in the Fedora big media pushes and campaigns to increase it's popularity and accessibility because Indiana Jones has had nowhere near the kind of promotionalism that Star Wars has been given. (BTW I know promotionalism is not a REAL word, I simply created it to get my point across.)

I think that Indiana Jones is just as good and enjoyable as Star Wars and Dr. Jones needs a big "surge" in popular culture around the world or perhaps I'm suffering from Indiana Jonesy fanboy nostalgia?

Why are you quoting ME in your response?:confused:

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:
I agree, although some of the renders of his face are creepy...sort of like "The Uncanny Valley" that roboticists have been debating for over 35 years.

In 1970, Japanese roboticist Masahiro Mori, introduced the concept ; it implies that whereas cartoonish or other abstract human figures draw immediate empathy, robots or animations that appear similar to humans (but not identical) provoke a sense of unease.

Not to heap more fuel to the I hate SoK, (I can't wait to play it)...but the animations fall head long into the uncanny valley as far as I'm concerned.

Lego was fine/fun and I'll be picking up the new one too.

Would I like that version of Indy in a game? Possibly, but it depends on so many things. I think those Playskool Adventure Heroes are very cool and have "deformations" that aren't creepy. A game in their style might be VERY cool.

Because of what you said in your post about the "I hate SoK". I was trying to clear that up. I don't hate Staff of Kings. That's all. No offence to you Rocket Surgeon. You're cool.

RedeemedChild said:
Because of what you said in your post about the "I hate SoK". I was trying to clear that up. I don't hate Staff of Kings. That's all. No offence to you Rocket Surgeon. You're cool.

Cheers...didn't write that about you, I was talking about myself not joining the I hate crowd even though I was pointing out a flaw which bugged me.
:hat:

The Tingler

indyjones2131 said:
Really wish I could scan it. I read it at the store.

It was just a half page review too, which kinda sucks.

Oh and they don't mention the missing satchel...

It just goes to show what I suspected was true: the print magazines consider Staff of Kings to be a joke (I should know, I work for them!). Nintendo Power is the mag that has given the game the most coverage, and it only gets a half-page review. I doubt other magazines will be more generous.

Irfaan

The Tingler said:
It just goes to show what I suspected was true: the print magazines consider Staff of Kings to be a joke (I should know, I work for them!). Nintendo Power is the mag that has given the game the most coverage, and it only gets a half-page review. I doubt other magazines will be more generous.

True, especially considering how it's specially built for the Wii (and how the Wii is desperate for a variety of good games, no offense)

But tbh after the cancelation of the novel I am starting to feel very down about this :( I really would of enjoyed to have read it first.

But right now I am just really looking forward to The Secret of Monkey Island

Here is a video behind the scenes at lucasarts about it, it's pretty good! (It also has that annoying marketing guy we have seen from the Staff of Kings videos in the past :D.

Link: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=109170532781

Henry

New pictures from the Wii:

4406_101018473944_60951123944_1816754_1117377_n.jpg

4406_101018478944_60951123944_1816755_5916822_n.jpg

n60951123944_1816756_1670409.jpg

4406_101018493944_60951123944_1816757_6653959_n.jpg

4406_101018498944_60951123944_1816758_7514540_n.jpg

bennihana123

The Tingler said:
New issue of Official Nintendo Magazine out today. No review or even mention. Not good.

In Nintendo Power, they often print a review the issue before the month of release. It's just something I had noticed when I used to subscribe, but I don't know if any other magazine does that.

Also, does anyone have any screens of the DS and PSP versions?

Rhys135

The Tingler said:
New issue of Official Nintendo Magazine out today. No review or even mention. Not good.

It say's in the Next Month section that they will be reviewing it then.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
*facepalm* Will some of you stop it? The game's nearly here and judge the damn thing for yourselves (as will I!). I have known things in the past, not having the best marketing but have ended up as decent to good.

Besides, I don't give a hoot about the swastikas or the satchel. I just want a decent game that is easy enough for me to play. ;)

AlivePoet

Violet Indy said:
Besides, I don't give a hoot about the swastikas or the satchel. I just want a decent game that is easy enough for me to play. ;)

Back in the day, my older sister would cheat at games that posed a challenge. Either that or she played Harvest Moon. :)

When she played Fate of Atlantis, she used a walkthrough for the entire game. (This was long after it came out, around 2000.)