Crystal Skull unabridged audiobook (7 discs)

indyclone25

and i will begin listening tonight before i sleep ---it 7 disc long --- i know i should read the book that i bought but like most people nowadays i'm way to busy to sit and read ---- well if anyone else has gotten it let me know what you thought of the reading?

The Man

indyclone25 said:
and i will begin listening tonight before i sleep ---it 7 disc long --- i know i should read the book that i bought but like most people nowadays i'm way to busy to sit and read ---- well if anyone else has gotten it let me know what you thought of the reading?

Who's the reader? James Rollins?

“The name is Jones. Indiana Jones.”

He’s back. Everyone’s favorite globe-trotting, tomb-raiding, wisecracking archaeologist is finally at it again.

Now it’s 1957, the atomic age is in full swing, and McCarthy-era paranoia has the nation on edge. But for Indiana Jones, the Cold War really heats up when his latest expedition is crashed by a ruthless squad of Russian soldiers. Commanded by a sword- wielding colonel who’s as sinister as she is stunning, the menacing Reds drag an unwilling Indy along as they brazenly invade American soil, massacre U.S. soldiers, and plunder a top-secret government warehouse. Their objective: a relic even more precious–and powerful–than the mythic Ark, capable of unlocking secrets beyond human comprehension.

Fast thinking and some high-speed maneuvers help Jones turn the tables, and a one-in-a-million escape narrowly saves him from certain death. But when he’s tarred as a suspected spy and fired by his university, Indy thinks it may be time to hang up his hat.

Fate, however, has other plans. Suddenly the road to retirement takes a sharp detour when a colleague’s kidnapping leads Jones into the depths of the Amazon jungle on a desperate rescue mission. With a hot-headed teenage biker as his unlikely wing man and his vengeful new Russian nemesis waiting for a rematch, Indy’s back in the game–playing for a prize all the wonders of the world could never rival.

Looking forward to this new acquisiton, and discovered that its available for free as a download off of Amazon...with an Audible.com free trial.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [Unabridged] [Audible Audio Edition]

At Audible.com, you can choose to download any of 100,000+ audiobooks and more, and listen on your Kindle™, iPhone®, iPod®, Android™, or 500+ MP3 players. Now, on any Wi-Fi enabled Kindle, you do more than just listen—you can also browse and download Audible Audiobooks.

Your Amazon-exclusive Audible.com 30-day free trial membership includes:
This audiobook free, plus a bonus audiobook of your choice
30% off any additional audiobooks you purchase
A free daily audio subscription to The New York Times or The Wall Street Journal
Members-only sales and promotions

The book, as many have noted, (however cliché) is better than the film...anyone have a review?

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
The book, as many have noted, (however cliché) is better than the film...anyone have a review?

You've never read it?

The book is much better than the film. Bloodier, more brutal, a little more realistic both through description and your own ability to re-imagine some of the sillier scenes. And on top of all that, Shia LaBeouf isn't in it!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Montana Smith said:
You've never read it?
Of course! Though only once a long time ago...enough to wonder how the author reads his own additions like Orellana murdering his mates.

I'm holding off the free version...
JuniorJones said:
It was hard work listening to it as the horror kept on coming back no matter how I tried to re-imagine it.

Aw, come on...did you actually download and listen?

There had to be some redeeming qualities...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Of course! Though only once a long time ago...enough to wonder how the author reads his own additions like Orellana murdering his mates.

I'm holding off the free version...

Aw, come on...did you actually download and listen?

There had to be some redeeming qualities...

I hated it that much I bought all the CD versions.:eek:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
How many are there?

I'm talking more "cover variant" style of collecting!:p Hardcore!

In the UK, the Random House edition has different variants in regards to the positioning of James Rollins name!

Anyway, I don't pretend to be an expert in the field of collecting Indiana Jones prehaps there is someone out there who does pretend and can give us those answers...

JuniorJones said:
I'm talking more "cover variant" style of collecting!:p Hardcore!

In the UK, the Random House edition has different variants in regards to the positioning of James Rollins name!

Anyway, I don't pretend to be an expert in the field of collecting Indiana Jones prehaps there is someone out there who does pretend and can give us those answers...
I was half-hoping for foreign language versions...

You have a pretty good record as far as anyone can see...who would really lay claim to such a "title" anyway!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
I was half-hoping for foreign language versions...

You have a pretty good record as far as anyone can see...who would really lay claim to such a "title" anyway!

Only a true charlatan with the highest form of delusional grandure would ever profess such a notion.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Has anyone actually downloaded and listened?

There have to be some redeeming qualities...

We could review it chapter by chapter to find the redeeming qualities.

Ok.

The guy reading it is doing voices, and it's pretty tough to listen to!

His take on reading "RETURN" isn't making any of this any easier either!