TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2018, 06:46 PM   #551
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

I would think as not to overshadow Ready Player One we don't hear an announcement from Spielberg as to when filming for Indy 5 starts till almost after Ready Player One Is out of theaters.
DARTH ZOIDBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:28 PM   #552
Raiders112390
IndyFan

It's starting to feel like vaporeware to me.

Listen, Ford may have demanded a fifth Indy in his contract...But that doesn't mean they have to honor it. Time isn't on his side. They just to have to drag it out, play the waiting game, and then have a nice "Dedicated to the Memory of Harrison Ford" in their reboot's intro.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #553
Drones33
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390

Listen, Ford may have demanded a fifth Indy in his contract...But that doesn't mean they have to honor it. Time isn't on his side. They just to have to drag it out, play the waiting game, and then have a nice "Dedicated to the Memory of Harrison Ford" in their reboot's intro.

That’s a little cynical.
Drones33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:51 AM   #554
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

Quote:

Disney Owns Indiana Jones now they are making It for two reasons 1. For The Fans. and 2. They plan to make a lot of money with It no Different then the box office for Disney Star Wars and especially If It Is the same great Quality as TFA, RO, and TLJ !!!
Old 03-01-2018, 10:59 AM   #555
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH ZOIDBERG
Disney Owns Indiana Jones now they are making It for two reasons 1. For The Fans. and 2. They plan to make a lot of money with It no Different then the box office for Disney Star Wars and especially If It Is the same great Quality as TFA, RO, and TLJ !!!

Lol'ed. I can't wait to see Indy turned into a child murdering coward.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #556
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Quote:
Not a child anymore, granted, but if they had Indy kill Mutt I'd give it a standing ovation.

Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #557
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Not a child anymore, granted, but if they had Indy kill Mutt I'd give it a standing ovation.

I know what I must do...
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:24 AM   #558
Hanselation
IndyFan

indianajones.com

IndianaJones.com shows as message-picture that the site is temporarily unavailable. The link to the facebook is disconnected.
Looks like there's something going on.

http://indianajones.com
Hanselation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #559
curmudgeon
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanselation
IndianaJones.com shows as message-picture that the site is temporarily unavailable. The link to the facebook is disconnected.
Looks like there's something going on.

http://indianajones.com

The suite of links under the message all direct to Paramount brands, meaning whatever's up with the web domain probably has nothing to do with Disney's plans.
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #560
Z dweller
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon
The suite of links under the message all direct to Paramount brands, meaning whatever's up with the web domain probably has nothing to do with Disney's plans.
Maybe they are moving the content to the Disney portal?

It would make sense, particularly when it comes to hyping Indy 5, trailers etc. (eventually )
Old 03-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #561
TheFedora
IndyFan

Spielberg holds a top secret table read!

Interesting phrasing on Variety's part.

Quote:
Hollywood is abuzz as everyone in the industry is talking about the super secret table read Steven Spielberg held on Wednesday for an undisclosed project with some of the town’s top talent.

It is unknown who participated at this time, as everyone involved was required to sign a non-nondisclosure agreement. However, Variety has learned the project is an untitled biopic on iconic composer Leonard Bernstein. Coincidentally, Bernstein wrote the music for “West Side Story,” which Spielberg is also considering taking on as a followup after “Indiana Jones 5.”

It is also unknown who wrote this specific Bernstein script, though sources say it is not the same one Josh Singer wrote, which is currently set up at Paramount.

Insiders say that no matter what, “Indiana Jones 5” will be Spielberg’s next film, though the second film he plans to shoot is still undecided. This table read was viewed as a third option, as the director is also weighing the “West Side Story” remake.

Last edited by TheFedora : 03-09-2018 at 01:59 PM.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #562
Face_Palm
IndyFan

He should do Indiana Jones 5 before Indiana Jones 6.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #563
curmudgeon
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Spielberg holds a top secret table read!

Interesting phrasing on Variety's part.

You quoted the typos, but not the very relevant part where it said he was planning to shoot the next Indy "at the top of 2019"?
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #564
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon
You quoted the typos, but not the very relevant part where it said he was planning to shoot the next Indy "at the top of 2019"?

I corrected the typos after.... yeah the article went out with the typos at first but as it was corrected, so I corrected the post.

here's the relevant part:

Quote:
In recent weeks, it has been reported that with post-production on his upcoming film “Ready Player One” nearly finished, Spielberg would focus on not just one directing job, but his next two gigs for 2019. The plan was always to shoot the next installment in the “Indian Jones” franchise at the beginning of 2019 with star Harrison Ford returning in the title role as the fedora-wearing archaeologist. He initially intended to follow that up with a remake of Bernstein’s classic “West Side Story.”
Old 03-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #565
Z dweller
IndyFan

In recent weeks, it has been reported that ...

hmmm... this sounds like pure speculation to me, what's the source for the plan was always ... ?
Old 03-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #566
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

Quote:
how is it any different then all the bad things Vader did in life? Darth Vader killed like hundreds if not thousands of people how is any of that better then what Kylo did? sorry if I am a little lost here.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #567
IndyForever
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
He should do Indiana Jones 5 before Indiana Jones 6.
Both at once lets face it Harrison is never ever going to be young enough for an Indy 6 after 5 wraps! 5 is only going ahead because TFA box office made Harrison viable & Spielberg attached means it cannot lose Disney any money can it!
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #568
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
Both at once lets face it Harrison is never ever going to be young enough for an Indy 6 after 5 wraps! 5 is only going ahead because TFA box office made Harrison viable & Spielberg attached means it cannot lose Disney any money can it!

Indy 5 is going to happen regardless of Ford/Spielberg. Was just a question of when not if.
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:09 AM   #569
TheFedora
IndyFan

Well D23 has listed its dates for the next convention... .August 23-25...so if there is huge Indy news to be had sometime next year, hopefully next D23 is when it will drop.