Mutt Williams spinoff

Flash Dixson

I love the new charecter he is great. And George has an idea for indy 5 already, so they will probably, almost without doubt make a fith indy movie. And George has said that it is going to be a transition movie with mutt taking indys role towards the end. So I was thinking it would be a good idea if they made a mutt spin off series after that, to keep the franchise alive. And people will probably want more mutt anyways (Definitley Me) what do you guys think.

Goonie

And then Mutt will have a son and will call him Fido Jones, and...

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a 6th Indy movie and have the transition to Mutt's adventures in that one. I think there should be 6 movies, like Star Wars.

Indy-Anna

I don't know. I wouldn't mind having a 6th Indy film where the torch is passed on to Mutt, but I they should just leave it at that. I'm not a Mutt-hater (he's a cool guy(y)) but for some reason, I just can't see a spin-off starring him that would be any good. (If it was a film, I mean.)

Flash Dixson

Indy-Anna said:
I don't know. I wouldn't mind having a 6th Indy film where the torch is passed on to Mutt, but I they should just leave it at that. I'm not a Mutt-hater (he's a cool guy(y)) but for some reason, I just can't see a spin-off starring him that would be any good. (If it was a film, I mean.)
Idk. I think it depends if after they do the next film Mutt becomes a house hold name that people would want more of, If that happened they might start a whole Mutt Trilogy, which would be awsome in my opinion.

God help us that we may never see this:

web.jpg

BlackSleep

That's a hilarious poster. Nice work. As much as I'd like to see Mutt take over the franchise, I just can't imagine how it'd work. He doesn't know anything about archaeology...does he?

Mothy

No thank you. I don't think Mutt deserves or warrants the mantle. Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones, and that is what people want to see.

Salacious

No Mutt movies please. No Indy movies with Mutt as an equal or even as a sidekick.

The father/son adventure has been done twice now in the Indy franchise. I think thats enough. This last one wasnt as good as LC was. I dont see how they can do better.

Either let Indy have his own movie again...maybe bring Marion or anothe female sidekick with him like in Raiders, or let the franchise rest in peace before it gets totally ruined.

I am not interested in Mutt Willams. He isnt an interesting character.

But Lucas will do what he wants...wants more money. And Spielberg has a man crush on Labeuf...so...yeah...a Mutt Williams movie might actually happen. :sick:

I wont be watching it however...even if Ford is a sidekick or has a cameo.

Indy-Anna

Salacious said:
No Mutt movies please. No Indy movies with Mutt as an equal or even as a sidekick.

The father/son adventure has been done twice now in the Indy franchise. I think thats enough. This last one wasnt as good as LC was. I dont see how they can do better.

Either let Indy have his own movie again...maybe bring Marion or anothe female sidekick with him like in Raiders, or let the franchise rest in peace before it gets totally ruined.

I agree with that. The father/son adventure thing needs to be left alone. They had mentioned in KOTCS that Mutt had to go back to school, so maybe they should have Mutt hit the books and leave him out of the adventure, not necessarily the movie, just the adventure. I'm totally cool with the idea of Indy going on the adventure with Marion or a new female sidekick though.

Michael24

Isn't Spielberg quoted somewhere as saying that (basically) Shia has a bunch more movies he has to make before he can prove he can take over for Indiana Jones? So it sounds like Mutt movies, if they did happen, are still a ways off.

I liked Mutt myself, but I think he'd have to be surrounded by at least a few other characters in order to help him carry his own solo movie, but then it becomes more of an ensemble more than "a Mutt movie." But Mutt doesn't really strike me as the adventuring type. He seemed to only be involved here because the lives of his mom and someone he was close to were in jeopardy.

Flash Dixson

BlackSleep said:
That's a hilarious poster. Nice work. As much as I'd like to see Mutt take over the franchise, I just can't imagine how it'd work. He doesn't know anything about archaeology...does he?
well the next movie could feature him graduating from college. And if they did a spin off indy could help him a littel, like sean connery.

Flash Dixson

There are many other ways to do it, it does not neccesarily have to be a father and son series, just a series about mutt, perhaps in a new style than the way indy was done, i could see it happening.

Jones_Happens

The problem with a Mutt movie is that they would feel the need to create everything brand new. By the time they were done, it would be far from an Indy movie or even a very good action movie.

Seriously, a greaser going around on adventures? I have a better idea, put him in a remake of Grease or The Outsiders and call it a day.

Hedwig

I could imagine Mutt as sort of a grave robber, who knows nothing about ancient relics but goes finding them for money. And there would always be the bad guys... An evil archeologist maybe?;)