Which scene do you think should have been removed?

Which scene(s) do u think could have been removed (or replaced) to improve the movie

• None, the movie was flawless

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Opening fight in the warehouse

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fridge scene

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Motorcycle chase

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cemetary fight scene

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • "Stare into the skull" (at the Russian camp) scene

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Sand pit scene with the snake

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Jungle Chase

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Swinging from the vines part

Votes: 60 61.9%
  • Giant Ants

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • The waterfalling - including the "tree slapping" bit

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • The finale in general

Votes: 18 18.6%

• Total voters

chr0n0naut

Ok I loved the movie. It was great to see Indy back. I HOPED for another Raiders but settled for KotCS as it was FAR from a bad movie.

There were some scenes in the movie however, where I think George and Steven were ON something.

I'm just curious as to what you guys think. These scene aren't necessarily ones I think are bad. I've just included all of the major ones to cover all tastes...

chr0n0naut

no.. this calls for another "let's hate on KOTCS,"

Ok I need to make one thing abundantly clear. I did not hate KotCS. I'm just curious to see what others think.

The movie ROCKED. I'm just looking to vent a bit of my confusion out and see if anyone agrees with me on the detrimental nature of some parts.

However I do see where you're coming from. The title of the thread does implicitly have negatve connotations. :eek:

I can make a "what was ur fav scene" one if u want? :p

Abners lil Girl

chr0n0naut said:
Ok I need to make one thing abundantly clear. I did not hate KotCS. I'm just curious to see what others think.

The movie ROCKED. I'm just looking to vent a bit of my confusion out and see if anyone agrees with me on the detrimental nature of some parts.

However I do see where you're coming from. The title of the thread does implicitly have negatve connotations. :eek:

I can make a "what was ur fav scene" one if u want? :p

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I took one look at the way this poor thread was going and ran away. I didn't hate KotCS either, but it's not perfect, right?

And a 'fav scene' poll is a good idea. Go for it (y)

I voted for the finale, which is a bit cheeky as there were some nice moments, but after Spalko got t@-ed I thought the execution of the conclusion was really clunky . . . much like my phrasing.

Kooshmeister

The vine-swinging nonsense for sure. I mean, the fridge was insane but at least it was required by the plot to get Indy out of Doom Town, but Mutt swinging on vines and siccing an army of Monkeys on Spalko? That was not needed especially since it winds up not making much of a difference.

The Man

They should have scrapped or minimised the bike chase in the first half and somehow employed the motorcycle in the jungle chase. Was it left at the cemetery or what?

MaxPhactor23

It just hit me?something to add to that popular re-write I posted. Mutt blatantly brought his Motorcycle to Peru. Then it?s mysteriously never seen again. Why not axe the Tarzan vine swinging and monkey escapades and have him catch up to the crew via his bike? Have the Motorcycle confiscated by the Russians and Mutt discovers it in one of the destroyed Russian vehicles nearby. Bingo?goodbye monkeys! I really need to make a website for all this.

Crusade>Raiders

Where is the intergation scene? That came across as really pointless. They could have done the same thing if a FBI agent was with the dean when Indy got fired.

That said, I'm not a big fan of the finale at all. If they would have delievered on that, it could have been up there with the rest of the Indy movies, but it just doesn't.

Although I do like the ending (y)

MaxPhactor23

Indy&HanFan said:
i thought the whole mutt swinging on vines part was completely pointless and stupid.

Join the club; Population: everyone over thirteen…and most under too. Hah! This seems to be the great equalizer between the lovers and the haters, that which unifies bitter enemies. Can’t all mature adults agree that this was absolutely ridiculous? It seems so...

The Man

The monkey scene was the final straw. The film lost any semblance of integrity henceforth.

Stuntman Mike

Hey there, my first post in the notorious Raven-Board ;)

I have to say, I liked the movie very much but I think that Indy 4 is far away from the other three (testified). There are too many scenes that are not necessary and some are simply stupid as hell!

Swinging from the vines part

One word: ridiculous!

The waterfalling - including the "tree slapping" bit

One waterfall would have been ok, but three are too much. The "tree slapping scene" wich was intended by Marion is just ridiculous.

PoeticRocker

I think the tarzan scene should be modified. Either taken out or changed around to seem more plausible.

Yet you have to keep in mind that this is also intended for kids.

But really can any of you guys suggest an alternative to that scene? Obviously the point of the scene is for mutt to save Indy from Spalko. So you have to distract Mutt from the chase for a bit and get him back to take out Spalko. I keep trying to think of a different approach, but I cant find one that would be better.

Aside from the three waterfalls... How can you then take out the rubber tree? Once again I cant think of a spontaneous action sequence that would be remotely entertaining as that.

I kinda wanted there to be a river chase, before the waterfalls... But that would seem redundant I think.

I wanted more scenes of Akator as well.

PoeticRocker

The Man said:
They should have scrapped or minimised the bike chase in the first half and somehow employed the motorcycle in the jungle chase. Was it left at the cemetery or what?

MaxPhactor23 said:
It just hit me?something to add to that popular re-write I posted. Mutt blatantly brought his Motorcycle to Peru. Then it?s mysteriously never seen again. Why not axe the Tarzan vine swinging and monkey escapades and have him catch up to the crew via his bike? Have the Motorcycle confiscated by the Russians and Mutt discovers it in one of the destroyed Russian vehicles nearby. Bingo?goodbye monkeys! I really need to make a website for all this.

Thats a cool idea, but why would the Russians want to take his bike from the cemetery?