I was not allowed to see TOD as a kid!

Indy's Fist

I was just looking over my collection and realized that TOD was the only Indy film I never got to see in the theater! I was 11 years old & I remember my dad refused to take me to see it because of the bad press it was getting reguarding the violence. It's a startling relization for me because Indy is my favorite movie character ever! I just hope some day they are all re-released like the Star Wars movies were back in the 1990's.

Insomniac

I wasn't even born yet but when I got the chance to see the prequel to raiders I had t fast forward threw the "Scary Parts"last year I got the big picture when I finally saw it all the way threw.:hat:

Agent Z

I got to see Jaws at a drive-in when I was a kid.

You guys can always get to revival screenings, but I ain't getting my years back.

Perspective, perspective. :p

Indy's Fist

Sounds like we got a bunch o' kids in here!;) It's nice to see that some young minds are able to enjoy some "old crap"!:D

Insomniac

Indy's Fist said:
Sounds like we got a bunch o' kids in here!;) It's nice to see that some young minds are able to enjoy some "old crap"!:D
That's Funny! All the stuff I like is "OLD" besides "It's not the years its the milage..."

I was 13 in 1984, and I was allowed to see TOD--many times. In fact, I saw ROTLA several times in 1981 and several more during the 1982(?) re-release! Anyway, during my second time seeing TOD, my grandfather, who took me, got really steamed when I blew my $20.00 birthday money on cokes, popcorn, candy, and the TOD movie program! Every time I see that book, I twitch in fear!:D (Grandfather: "You don't know the value of money!!!" Me: *Crying self to sleep singing the Raiders March in puberty-cracked voice*)

Indy's Fist

InBanana Jones said:
I was 13 in 1984, and I was allowed to see TOD--many times. In fact, I saw ROTLA several times in 1981 and several more during the 1982(?) re-release! Anyway, during my second time seeing TOD, my grandfather, who took me, got really steamed when I blew my $20.00 birthday money on cokes, popcorn, candy, and the TOD movie program! Every time I see that book, I twitch in fear!:D (Grandfather: "You don't know the value of money!!!" Me: *Crying self to sleep singing the Raiders March in puberty-cracked voice*)

That's a great story! Ahhhh, re-releases a true thing of the past!:D

Your Grandpa sounds like my dad....to this very day! HA! Ha!:D

Agent Z

Indy's Fist said:
Ahhhh, re-releases a true thing of the past!:D

Oh yeah! You know, in my previous post, I mentioned Jaws at the drive-in which, I should clarify now, WAS a re-release too. :D

Indy's Fist

Agent Z said:
Oh yeah! You know, in my previous post, I mentioned Jaws at the drive-in which, I should clarify now, WAS a re-release too. :D

Funny how many folks talk about the big $$$ that new movies make. They don't realize that movies used to be in the theater for months, and if it was really good it was re-released! These days if a movie is in the theater of two or three months they are lucky!

Agent Z

Indy's Fist said:
Funny how many folks talk about the big $$$ that new movies make. They don't realize that movies used to be in the theater for months, and if it was really good it was re-released! These days if a movie is in the theater of two or three months they are lucky!

That's true. Although, these are much different times now, with so many more theaters and prints. Back in the day, people WOULD have to stand in a line outside a theater, because there was most likely only one screen/print per location. These days, with 3-5 screens in every multiplex showing the same film, the studios and theaters have sped up the business model, in that aspect.

There was a certain magic though back then, as your favorite films would play all through the long hot summers and into the fall. Hell, even some of the stinkers managed to hang around all year, albeit in drive-ins and second runs. :p

Indy's Fist

Agent Z said:
That's true. Although, these are much different times now, with so many more theaters and prints. Back in the day, people WOULD have to stand in a line outside a theater, because there was most likely only one screen/print per location. These days, with 3-5 screens in every multiplex showing the same film, the studios and theaters have sped up the business model, in that aspect.

There was a certain magic though back then, as your favorite films would play all through the long hot summers and into the fall. Hell, even some of the stinkers managed to hang around all year, albeit in drive-ins and second runs. :p

Yeah I find it funny when people "camp out" before the premeir of these new movies like Star Wars. I mean when SW Episode One came out I just walked up to the theater, bought my ticket and sat down. And that was on opening day!

Indy's Fist said:
Yeah I find it funny when people "camp out" before the premeir of these new movies like Star Wars. I mean when SW Episode One came out I just walked up to the theater, bought my ticket and sat down. And that was on opening day!

Yeah, now people are so wacky, they camp overnight in front of an electronics store to get the latest gizmo! How far we've come...:D

Indy's Fist

InBanana Jones said:
Yeah, now people are so wacky, they camp overnight in front of an electronics store to get the latest gizmo! How far we've come...:D

I just laugh. I mean They just give fans a bad name and make the rest of the fanbase look bad. Like Trekkies.

Morning Bell

It's funny because I remember my parents let me watch all of the films as a kid. I guess they didn't think there was anything questionable enough (they did mention that I should ignore the profanity though). I grew up with those films and that's part of why I still love them today. Indy's been my hero for as long as I can remember.:hat:

Doc Savage

My five-year-old daughter is a second generation Indy fan. TOD is the only one I won't let her watch. The whole "heart extraction" thing...of course, I also send her for a Coke when Toht's face melts...

I find the films more objectionable than my folks did. That is to say I don't see them as children's films. That's not to say I wouldn't show them to kids, just I don't think that children are the film's primary audience. That said, I had seen all 3 films by the age of 6. I turned out alright (disputable?).

Cagefighterkip

my mom wouldnt let me watch TOD either
but my dad loved the RAIDERS Trilogy back in the day, so when my mom took off for some church/bible thumper/camp thingy for a weekend he rented TOD and we watched it :) i loved it of course