Custom Batman Movie Masters Action Figures

Katarn07

Custom Scarecrow vs Mattel's Scarecrow
CustomScarecrow.jpg

My first custom. A relatively simple head/hand swap. I repainted the entire body and sculpted on a neck tie with green stuff.

Bank Robber Joker vs Mattel's Gotham City Thug
Joker-Formula.jpg

A repaint of the body and a resculpted head. I am not at all happy with the outcome of this figure and he's not displayed with in my collection. The mask is all wrong and the shirt pattern is awful.

Interrogation Room Joker (WIP) vs Mattel's Joker
InterrogationRoomJoker.jpg

I'm still working on him. I took off the jacket and chain. I sanded down his shoulders as to make them less bulky. I took off the bulk of his forearms to convert them from being jacket sleeves to dress shirt sleeves. I also sanded down the seams on the gloves as much as I could. I repainted the entire head, hands, and the dress shirt. I need to add the shirt pattern yet and splash some white makeup on his neck just beneath his head and then I'll maybe consider him finished.

Any constructive criticism or tips would be more than appreciated!

Last edited:

Niteshade007

I don't know ANYTHING about customizing figures, but I think it would be cool to see a few more. Maybe a regular Harvey Dent (you know, sans scarring), Bruce Wayne (don't know if they've already made him though). Some that I think would be interesting to see, but probably won't be able to are Lucius and Rachel. Rachel might be especially difficult, but neat to see her in action figure form.

Katarn07

Yeah I'm going to be making a Bruce Wayne in a suit and tie out of the unmasked Batman Mattel made. He's a super rare variant that's impossible to find in stores. I've been looking since May. Due to a lack of communication between my girlfriend and family, I'm gonna wind up with two this Christmas so I can afford to chop one up.

Mattel's doing an unscarred Harvey alongside of Two-Face and Bank Robber Joker this March. Unfortunately for me, the unscarred one will be just as rare as the unmasked Batman I mentioned above and I'll probably have to wait until my birthday/next Christmas to get him.

My ideal list of characters for this line in additon to everything they've made and announced would include Alfred, Gordon, Ra's al Ghul/Ducard, Lucius, and Rachel. I actually might be able to pull off Gordon depending on how big the Harry Potter figures are.

Katarn07

I've only seen that first scan. Thanks for these others! But only that Batman and Scarecrow are coming in January. The other three are set for March from what I've heard. I wish they'd just skip that 3rd series and go right to the 4th. The Scarecrow's a good idea (clearly because I made him myself) but his shoes are the wrong color and he's not even wearing a necktie. And another Batman? Yeesh. And such a stupid one too. Choices like that are going to be the end of this line.

I would normally pass on that Scarecrow, but I'll get him to use as a base for my Bruce Wayne custom. And the head won't go to waste. I have another custom figure lined up that's gonna look a little something like this:

scarecrow.jpg

Deckard

Katarn07 said:
I've only seen that first scan. Thanks for these others! But only that Batman and Scarecrow are coming in January. The other three are set for March from what I've heard. I wish they'd just skip that 3rd series and go right to the 4th. The Scarecrow's a good idea (clearly because I made him myself) but his shoes are the wrong color and he's not even wearing a necktie. And another Batman? Yeesh. And such a stupid one too. Choices like that are going to be the end of this line.

I would normally pass on that Scarecrow, but I'll get him to use as a base for my Bruce Wayne custom. And the head won't go to waste. I have another custom figure lined up that's gonna look a little something like this:

scarecrow.jpg

I saw one of him on the horse on ebay back when TDK was in theatres that was incredible. Post pics when your done.

They still need to do Ras Al Ghul, Jim Gordon, and I want some of the snake eyes looking League of Shadows ninjas from the end of Begins. Wouldn't mind a Gotham Swat cop either.

Katarn07

These pics were a long time coming. I've had this since January. Just too lazy to snap some pics.

I had to resculpt the sleeves to hang properly with his arms out.
IMG_2050.jpg

I redid my first custom Scarecrow with a longer necktie and restored the articulation my first tie immobilized.
IMG_2045.jpg

I am one day going to add new reigns and stirrups and repaint the bridal. I'm toying with the idea of adding flames to the horse's mouth but not sure how to go about doing that.
IMG_2049.jpg

I think I got screwed over on an eBay auction and still don't have all the parts to make my custom Bruce Wayne. I want my money back before I go and buy the parts from some place else.