Sideshow's TOHT figure

Adam McDaniel

I pre-ordered Sideshow's TOHT exclusive figure (which comes with the Ark), and wondered when I might expect it to arrive.

Just yesterday I saw a Sideshow Toht figure (though not the exclusive version) at a comic book and toy shop in Burbank, CA, and they owner said they've had it in stock for about 6 weeks now.

Jack Panix

The exclusive edition was delayed due to aesthetic issues or production problems with the Ark sculpt. Not to worry, it's coming, but I haven't heard of any definitive shipping date yet.

monkey man

I received this email from Sideshow today.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Toht 12-inch Figure with Polystone Ark of the Covenant accessory ? Sideshow Exclusive (item #39091) from our Indiana Jones collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition collectible, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse in approximately 20?25 days.

The wait is almost over. Crossed fingers for the Ark improvements.

monkey man

There are comparison pics on the Sideshow Freaks forum. SS's Ark is larger than the Hasbro Ark. I'm not sure what to think. I'll have to wait until I get mine before I decide. Has anyone received their SS Ark yet?

Jack Panix

Received a shipping notice on the exclusive Toht today. Put my name on the waitlist back on January 10. But Herr Toht should arrive Friday!

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Mine is supposed to be here on Thursday....... I will do a review for theRadier and IndyCast with pics.. hope it was worth the wait!

Lon

Mine is on it's way as well. I should get it this week. Hopefully I'm home so I don't have to go to the UPS center to pick it up.

monkey man

I received my exclusive Toht today.
My problem is that the Ark poles were not included. WTF. Has anyone else had this problem? I also have a problem with paying for a signature delivery and having UPS leave it on my step. No signature. A UPS problem. Not Sideshow.
Unfortunately I'm blinded by the fact that the Ark poles are missing.
Question. Should I pay the Credit Card bill before I get the missing poles? Will Sideshow make good on this after I pay the bill? I've never had any trouble with Sideshow before. To wait this long only to receive an incomplete order is frustrating.

monkey man

P.S. Are the poles hidden somewhere? I checked the box well. Nothing. Sideshow said that they would take care of this but I'm a little concerned.

ChromiumBlue37

monkey man said:
I received my exclusive Toht today.
My problem is that the Ark poles were not included. WTF. Has anyone else had this problem? I also have a problem with paying for a signature delivery and having UPS leave it on my step. No signature. A UPS problem. Not Sideshow.
Unfortunately I'm blinded by the fact that the Ark poles are missing.
Question. Should I pay the Credit Card bill before I get the missing poles? Will Sideshow make good on this after I pay the bill? I've never had any trouble with Sideshow before. To wait this long only to receive an incomplete order is frustrating.

You will have to pay the charge on your credit card no matter what.
Unless of course, you return the Toht figure. Mine should be arriving tomorrow or Friday. I will let you know about my experience when I open the figure.

monkey man

I'd appreciate that "Blue".

Just blowing off steam. I had to kick it back a notch. Fresh wound. To wait this long and to get it like this......
I didn't even mention that Toht's box was dinged up too. Sideshow packed the Raiders Indy a lot better than the exclusive Toht. The exclusive Belloq wasn"t packaged that well either.
Luck of the draw. I guess. I hope everyone gets their figures safe and sound. I'm sure Sideshow will fix this for me.

I think that I can go look at Toht and the Ark now. The Indy freak in me was not happy about the missing Ark poles. Better now.

Lon

I didn't receive the poles either. I e-mailed SS customer service to see if they are to be included. The promo photos show them but it could be the final product does not (even though it doesn't make sense to not include them).

Hopefully since the Ark is in a different box we won't have to send back that AND the Toht figure (which is great).

The Ark is too big for the 12" figures. The proportion is just odd. Unless it's meant to be a separate thing and not a Toht "accessory."

monkey man

I hate to admit how stupid I was but the poles are on the bottom piece of foam. I didn't look underneath there. I just lifted the Ark out.
Now I just need a replacement Toht box.
The scale is off and I wish the gold had more glow to it but I'm glad I ordered the exclusive. The Ark is still pretty nice. Screen accurate? Probably not.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
MY SIDESHOW TOHT W/ EXCLUSIVE ARK JUST ARRIVED!!!

And I must admit, while definitely heavier in construction material.. I happened to like my Hasbro Ark replica better only because of that "vaccuumized reflective gold" - or whatever you call it -- the shiny stuff!

I like the cloth on the carrying poles - nice attention to details, but didn't the movie version have tassles at the end of them when Belloq was opening it on the island? I will have to go back and look - might just be my spotty memory.

Toht is well done.. I will have pics and more on this week's Indy-Cast

Lon

monkey man said:
I hate to admit how stupid I was but the poles are on the bottom piece of foam. I didn't look underneath there. I just lifted the Ark out.
Now I just need a replacement Toht box.
The scale is off and I wish the gold had more glow to it but I'm glad I ordered the exclusive. The Ark is still pretty nice. Screen accurate? Probably not.

Good catch! Mine are there too. They look like drumsticks.

Lon

Mitchellhallock said:
MY SIDESHOW TOHT W/ EXCLUSIVE ARK JUST ARRIVED!!!I will have to go back and look - might just be my spotty memory.

Are you sure you just aren't just using this as a reason to watch the movie again? :p

I agree about the "goldness" of the Ark. It's way too dull. Hopefully they won't do this with the Fertility Idol replica.

Jack Panix

I received Toht Friday but haven't had a lot of free time so I haven't opened the figure yet. I did open and inspect the Ark. I took a few shots of the Sideshow Ark with Hasbro's version.

Ark vs. Ark - Front (flash on)

Ark vs. Ark - Front (flash off)

Ark vs. Ark - Side

Ark vs. Ark - Lids off

Ark vs. Ark - Lids off, top view

Ark vs. Ark - Lids off, inside view

As you can see, Sideshow's Ark is larger than the Hasbro one. The SS version has a dull gold finish, so it doesn't have the luster of Hasbro's gilded vac-metal. Hasbro put sculpted sand in the bottom of their Ark; Sideshow's is empty. And as you would expect, the SS Ark is significantly heavier than Hasbro's plastic one. Even the lid has some heft to it.