The Indy Cast

Junior Jones

This was a great podcast, one I've been looking forward to. There was even some new behind-the-scenes stuff I had never heard. (Flannery and the Mata Hari actress didn't get along? It doesn't show onscreen. That's acting!)

When I finished listening, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more music (although I enjoyed the discussions), so I started up the Young Indy playlist on my iPod, which should last me the rest of the day.

Great job, guys! (y)

lairdo

Thanks for listening.

On the amount of music, we ended up with a lot of backstory on how the music was tracked down. I was surprised too when I did the edit and found us at an hour. It flew by when we recorded.

Hopefully we'll get together and do a second show and focus more on the music now that the bg info is out.

Stoo

DoomTown said:
As I already stated on the IndyCast FB page, GREAT job guys! Wonderful episode and a lot of fun reliving the music and memories of 20 years of Young Indy! :hat:
Glad you liked it, Keith.:) It was blast to do and I'm looking forward to contributing again at some point down the road. Lots more to talk about & showcase...
Junior Jones said:
This was a great podcast, one I've been looking forward to. There was even some new behind-the-scenes stuff I had never heard. (Flannery and the Mata Hari actress didn't get along? It doesn't show onscreen. That's acting!)

When I finished listening, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more music (although I enjoyed the discussions), so I started up the Young Indy playlist on my iPod, which should last me the rest of the day.

Great job, guys! (y)
Thanks, Phil, and cool that it inspired you to fire up your iPod! Yes, Laird's behind-the-scenes info is ALWAYS a treat and part of what makes this Indy Cast Special so "special". Like he said above, we felt the need to first address the introductory stuff before concentrating on playing the actual music (7 tracks isn't bad, though). Expect more tunes the next time around.:)

@Ed: Thanks, Ed, for uploading it and I like the accompanying graphic. Nice touch.:hat:

DoomTown

Stoo said:
Glad you liked it, Keith.:) It was blast to do and I'm looking forward to contributing again at some point down the road. Lots more to talk about & showcase...

Well, I am certainly looking forward to that. Hopefully, it will be in a Young Indiana Jones capacity! Your knowledge of the series as a whole astounds me...You also get a mention in our "Further Adventures" segment re: a certain "underground" statement by Indy in our review of Issue #4...:hat:

I really hope we will get a follow up to this Young Indy music special...

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 143 is here!

6955111434_7007ebfd77.jpg

In this episode we have Temple of the Crystal Skull ride-through audio, review Todd's Costumes fedora, Mitch talks ComicConn, Pat is back with Indy Trivia, Joe and Stu talk Indy comics and we farewell one of the IndyCast team!

Check out the episode here!

indycast

lairdo said:
Great artwork for the podcast!

Can't wait to listen.

Thanks Laird - and great work again to you, Josh and Stoo on the Young Indy special, looking forward to hearing the next instalment!

Stoo

indycast said:
Joe and Stu talk Indy comics...
You must mean Joe Stuber & Keith. Poor Keith. Two weeks in a row where someone forgot his name!:p
indycast said:
...and we farewell one of the IndyCast team!
Who is leaving?:confused: Guess I'll have to listen to find out and I have A LOT of catching up to do. Haven't heard the regular IndyCast in months!
DoomTown said:
Well, I am certainly looking forward to that. Hopefully, it will be in a Young Indiana Jones capacity! Your knowledge of the series as a whole astounds me...You also get a mention in our "Further Adventures" segment re: a certain "underground" statement by Indy in our review of Issue #4...:hat:

I really hope we will get a follow up to this Young Indy music special...
Thanks, Keith.:hat: Cool about the mention. Will definitely keep an ear out for it.

The desire to do more Young Indy music specials is there but we have to figure out when we can co-ordinate our schedules to record them.

indycast

Stoo said:
You must mean Joe Stuber & Keith. Poor Keith. Two weeks in a row where someone forgot his name!:p

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up Stoo and my apologies Keith! I was just listening to the Young Indy special and guess the name stuck....

DoomTown

indycast said:
Yikes! Thanks for the heads up Stoo and my apologies Keith! I was just listening to the Young Indy special and guess the name stuck....

Haha, no worries Ed! I don't mind being mistaken for 2 of the biggest players in the Indy fan community like Stoo and Pat! :hat:

Loved the audio for the "Crystal Skull" ride, did you know or did you have anyone tell you what was said in japanese?

indycast

DoomTown said:
Haha, no worries Ed! I don't mind being mistaken for 2 of the biggest players in the Indy fan community like Stoo and Pat! :hat:

Loved the audio for the "Crystal Skull" ride, did you know or did you have anyone tell you what was said in japanese?

Thanks Keith - and no, I haven't found out exactly what he says - I assumed it's pretty much what he says from the Forbidden Eye ride but if I get the chance will run it by my colleague at work who teaches Japanese!

DoomTown

indycast said:
Thanks Keith - and no, I haven't found out exactly what he says - I assumed it's pretty much what he says from the Forbidden Eye ride but if I get the chance will run it by my colleague at work who teaches Japanese!

Looking forward to it. I'm sure if I do enough digging, it's here somewhere on the boards as well...

That's still one thing (among many) I need to check off my "Indy" to-do list. Take a ride on the "Forbidden Eye" and "Crystal Skull" attractions! I was living vicariously through you for a few minutes, Ed...Thanks again for sharing!

lairdo

I can't believe I have been to Japan 6 times and never gone on the Indy ride there. Haven't listened to the audio yet, but I am sure that will inspire me to take the extra day on the next business trip.

indycast

lairdo said:
I can't believe I have been to Japan 6 times and never gone on the Indy ride there. Haven't listened to the audio yet, but I am sure that will inspire me to take the extra day on the next business trip.

It's definitely worth it - in fact the whole park, particularly the Jules Verne inspired Mysterious Island sections are incredible!

Faleel

indycast said:
IndyCast Special #7: John Williams' 80th Birthday!

395688_10150600956764489_368306729488_9041656_250922861_n.jpg

Laird and Ron are joined by Lito Velasco as they celebrate John William's 80th birthday and his iconic music!

Listen to the episode here!

I know its a little late but....

Fantastic episode!

the only problem I had, was that the cues you [guys] used for the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull segment, were a bit outdated, clean versions (without/with reduced SFX) have surfaced since then with the release of Lego Indiana Jones 2.

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 144 is here!

383464_10150901183559489_368306729488_9801293_438051006_n.jpg

In this episode we speak to author Ryder Windham, review Sideshow's Map Room environment, look at more Indy comics, have our toughest Indy trivia segment yet and have more of your great emails!
Listen to the episode here or at theindycast.com

DoomTown

indycast said:
IndyCast: Episode 144 is here!

383464_10150901183559489_368306729488_9801293_438051006_n.jpg

In this episode we speak to author Ryder Windham, review Sideshow's Map Room environment, look at more Indy comics, have our toughest Indy trivia segment yet and have more of your great emails!
Listen to the episode here or at theindycast.com

WOW. Pats trivia takes an interesting (and funny!) turn. Nice hearing Junior (?) and I think he will be getting quite a response on "Tosh" that we have ALL bought at one time or another. Great stuff guys.... Now,to get to the questions...:hat:

Stoo

DoomTown said:
WOW. Pats trivia takes an interesting (and funny!) turn. Nice hearing Junior (?) and I think he will be getting quite a response on "Tosh" that we have ALL bought at one time or another.
OH, MAN! Junior's piece was probably the funniest thing I've ever heard on the IndyCast!:D :D :D Great to hear your 'voice', JJ.(y)

It also comes as a coincidence because I'm dipping into my personal archives of Indy tosh and making some scans today.;)

michael

Listening now.

The Indy comic sections are becoming one of my favorite thing to listen to on this show! Very well done.