i received my raiders of the ark dvd from kelloggs

indyclone25

here it is and it doesnt come in a dvd case just a cardbord sleeve
scan0001-4.jpg

and the backside
scan0002.jpg

so who ordered this c'mon you know some one else did too

indyclone25

i guess paramount just wanted to get rid of the original discs --- well now i can find a good fanmade dvd cover to put it in --- but which one should i do ? hmmmmmmmm?

DarthMickey

Haa-Haa Yes I got mine to. I hated the envelope packaging but hey it's different and was free.Probably will become a massive collectible worth Millions later on! :rolleyes:

The Drifter

DarthMickey said:
Haa-Haa Yes I got mine to. I hated the envelope packaging but hey it's different and was free.Probably will become a massive collectible worth Millions later on! :rolleyes:

Just like Belloq's watch

HovitosKing

Agent Spalko said:
I got mine too. Cheap that they didn't ship it in the original amaray case.

Doesn't the ad for this DVD on cereal boxes show a picture of the DVD in the amaray case??

Crack that whip

Ahhh, classy. Nothing but the finest treatment for a beloved, enduring, multiple-Oscar-winning blockbuster classic of cinema - offered as a promotional freebie for breakfast cereals! (y)

I wanted to send for this myself - not that I need it, of course, but still...

indyclone25

well as a collector i needed to get it --- i sent away for the phantom menace dvd a few years back and i was suprised that it was the actual dvd in case and all ---- so now when will they release temple and last crusade as freebies?

DarthMickey

I was actually hoping it would be the new version with new making feature.Not a chance in Hell though! I should have known! (n)

HovitosKing said:
Doesn't the ad for this DVD on cereal boxes show a picture of the DVD in the amaray case??

Indeed it does which is what I was expecting it to be. Oh well, it's free. I feel sorry for the bloke who paid the $5.99 and mailed in only 1 token. You could buy them brand new in the Wal-Mart clearance bins for less.

Katarn07

This reminds me of how McDonalds offered all three VHS versions back in '91. In fact, that's where I got my copies of RotLA and ToD as a kid. But I don't think this is as a cheap as those were and I don't see it being a cheaper solution for people than to go out to the store and buy them either individually or as a set....

Crack that whip

Agent Spalko said:
You could buy them brand new in the Wal-Mart clearance bins for less.

In fairness, the original Raiders DVD wasn't sold on its own, only as part of the 4-disc boxed set, and it'll be quite a while before one can readily get the new one that came out in May for < $5.99 (but of course it's not terribly expensive, either, and does have lots of stuff not on this one).

----

I did send for this disc, but at the last possible moment; I also used tokens from a bunch of different Kellogg's cereals that all had the superficially identical Indy tokens for the various offers, noticing only late in the game that there are actually slight differences between some of them. I guess I didn't technically qualify, then (as well as possibly mailing it in too late); I wonder whether I'll get it...

No Ticket

Crack that whip said:
Well, this one is free, assuming you were going to buy the cereal anyway, though that's perhaps not a safe assumption...

The whole point of the promotion is to get those who wouldn't have bought the cereal anyway to buy it so they could get a crappy free version of Raiders.

But I already have it so why would I do that? I'm not THAT into collecting everything Indy.

Crack that whip

It's "crappy" only in not having extras, though, which most ordinary people don't bother with anyway. The disc is I believe the same Raiders disc included in the original '03 box, just presented here without the other discs and in chintzy packaging. It's still a technically fine disc of a classic movie.

I think the offer was targeted at people with some passing interest in the movie but who aren't devoted fans and who obviously don't have the 2003 box; there are a lot of such people. I also know a couple people who dislike Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and held off on getting the box specifically because they didn't want to have Temple of Doom; I don't know how many such people there are, but if I have two just in my own circle of friends and acquaintances, I'm inclined to think there must be quite a few (as well as some who feel the same way about Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade).

I personally do eat a fair amount of cereal anyway, and would have had no problem going through that many boxes whether there'd been an Indy offer or not, so it wasn't an issue for me to get (what I thought were) the right boxes for this promo; I sent for the DVD despite having the '03 box because... well, just because, I guess. :eek:

No Ticket

No special features? Why that's the entire reason I moved to DVD! When I saw that back in like 1999 I was amazed! So much bang for your buck compared to VHS!

I can't say the same for Blu-Ray. I'm sure it's nice but I don't own a fancy schmancy HD-TV yet.

indyclone25

like i said before ---- they wanted to move the extra copies they had laft in the warehouses i wouldn't put it past them to do the same with temple of doom and last crusade soon