Looks like it is official

DIrishB

tnswman said:
What more does Hasbro need to say?

Will it come out and say.."Eh, the line is over, sorry retailers but we are not supporting you anymore"..NO!! Hasbro will promote the current line to it's fullest!!! That has NEVER been the point!! We are talking about 2009 Action figures...Hasbro has already TOLD us in as clear of terms as possible that the action figure line is done.

My lord Use your brains PLEASE!! It's pathetic to see people looking at the answer eye to eye and still missing the point.

Relax, Mr. Self-Righteous. I was in agreement, and realize the line is done. However, I'm still holding out hope somehow we might at least see the 2009 Raiders wave. I know there's really no chance in hell, but I'm still hopeful...a little bit, anyway.

Some advice...when someone agrees with what you're saying and backing up your claims, don't jump down their throats. Learn a little class.

And it sucks we got the confirmation. :(

I believed TNSW, but hoped there might be some miracle to save the line.

tnswman

singsingjohnny said:
Awwwwwww man. Read on for some sad, sad news...

Man, this news STINKS.

tnswman, I was a fool to doubt you! ;)

Like I said, I hated the news too..However, why would I lie about it? The thing is, I have known this for a long while now but I held on until Hasbro started spilling the beans themselves.

Garfoot

Let the countdown to Indy 5 begin!!!

Maybe then we will get more product?:)

Oh well, at least I have the new Hasbro 3 3/4 Marvel line next year to keep me busy.

tnswman

I ws VERY specific in the conversations I had regarding the future of the line..I got VERY detailed answers and reasons why the line could not continue.

Folks, Hasbro threw a swerve out at SDCC ONLY because they were in front of a live crowd and wanted to get out alive. That's it!!! Their own people caled it COWARDACE!!!

Garfoot

Why?

Are you kidding me?

Why waste the money on development?

Better yet, why do that to the fans?

Why does a million dollar company have to hide and decieve?

Why not just come out and say, that's it. Yeah it would have sucked, but at least we would not have got our hopes up.

BIG THUMBS DOWN TONIGHT FOR HASBRO :dead: :dead:

Goonie

Mr.Skidmarks said:
Thanks for f***ing it up Hasbro.

My sentiments exactly.

So no Flying Wing? :(

We should all boycott the Star Wars line. I'm starting to get sick of just seeing Star Wars on the shelves all the time.

ChromiumBlue37

I feel the same way. I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars since 1995, (Kenner) to 2008 on Star Wars toys. That's 13 years. This how Hasbro repays that loyalty? I bet I spent $2000 on Hasbro Indy this Summer ALONE.

They are the one who made the poor decisions and we are being punished for their mistakes.

tnswman

Garfoot said:
Are you kidding me?

Why waste the money on development?

Better yet, why do that to the fans?

Why does a million dollar company have to hide and decieve?

Why not just come out and say, that's it. Yeah it would have sucked, but at least we would not have got our hopes up.

BIG THUMBS DOWN TONIGHT FOR HASBRO :dead: :dead:

I detailed earlier that ALL Hasbro did at SDCC was take photos of figures that were made back in 2007 and were the ROTLA figures that did not make it into the line in 2008. They didn't spend any new money at all.

tnswman

Goonie said:
My sentiments exactly.

So no Flying Wing? :(

We should all boycott the Star Wars line. I'm starting to get sick of just seeing Star Wars on the shelves all the time.

Hasbro has just told us that we are not enough of a customer base, much less a threat

Marty Jones

I'm glad we've finally got official word with the help of Dan Curto. I was hoping he'd step up to the plate and get us some official answers here. That said, this is sad news for the line. While it's not a major surprise (we all knew the line was in trouble), I was holding out hope that Hasbro would at least stick to its word about waiting out for the DVD and the holiday season. It looks like they've become less hopeful. I think at this point we really need to rally together and do everything possible to convince Hasbro to get us that last line like they promised at Comic Con - even if it comes by way of an Entertainment Earth exclusive or something of that matter.

tnswman said:
Hasbro has just told us that we are not enough of a customer base, much less a threat

That's true and I don't think boycotting anything is going to help at this point. Not to mention the Star Wars collector base reaches far deeper than the Indy collector base. We really wouldn't make a dent.

singsingjohnny

From Toy News International...

The folks who work on the new Indiana Jones toy line at Hasbro have agreed to do a regular Q&A session with us here at TNI regarding their new toy line hitting shelves now.

TNI: Will there be any kind of exclusives released with the upcoming Crystal Skull DVD?

Hasbro: The only plans to tie in to the DVD release are a series of Wal-Mart 3-packs (similar to the Star Wars DVD-timed 3-packs we do as a running series). However, none of the figures will be different than the way they appeared on basic figure cards. There will be additional exclusives later in the Fall for Target and Toys 'R Us, but again there will be no differences, only the package configuration.

TNI: It's been said that the longevity of this line would be based on sales. If by chance the level of sales for this line was not enough for retailers to continue to carry it, would there be any chance of Hasbro continuing the lime in some sort of limited release through someplace like the HasbroToyShop in the future?

Hasbro: If the continued sales of the line were not strong enough for retailers to carry, then online-only would not be a solution either. We have found from our research that only a small fraction of collectors actually shop online, instead preferring to find figures at retail for the most part. Based on the volumes we need to manufacture figures, HasbroToyShop.com could not carry the volume needed.

ChromiumBlue37

Well, we lived on without 3 and 3/4 inch Indy figures for 25 years. Even though this is tragic, I am optimistic. We got our long-overdue TOD and TLC waves, not to mention a lot of other cool goodies, (Akator and nice environmental pieces and vehicles).

You know something? Indiana Jones is way too iconic to stay down for long. When Indy returns, I am sure Hasbro will use a little more restraint and not fall into the traps that were lurking in the Summer of 2008. Just think with the finished tooling on Raiders, Wave 5 - those figures will be wave one of the NEW line. Indy won't be gone for long this time!

KOTCS

I believed Twnsman, but getting confirmation of no ROTLA Wave 2 still hurts. I was there at SDCC, and though I was disappointed and thought it was strange they only showed us 1 wave, I was very excited for this wave. Espeically Marion. I still find it interesting that they seem unwilling to definitively state that this wave will not be out.

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Wave 5 - those figures will be wave one of the NEW line. Indy won't be gone for long this time!

It's more like...

Wave 5 - those figures would have been wave one of the NEW line.

I highly doubt we'll ever see them except in the photos shown at SDCC. :mad:

Goonie

So if the Hasbro line is dead, what's the word on the Lego line? It's been selling very very well here. The local Walmart had five different sets on their shelf and within a week they were all gone.

Billy Ray

Well I guess now it is official. Not that there was ever really any doubt in my mind. All good things must come to an end I guess. I finally found Mutt w/Motorcycle and preordered the TOD wave today so I guess there isn't that much left for me with this line...very sad indeed. I do still need to pick up Akator and I will probably go ahead and pick up the few items that I skipped like the Troop Car and Cairo Thug two-pack before they are gone forever...just to have the complete line. All in all, I am happy to at least have gotten what we did and at least I will be able to save some $$ now...but curse Hasbro for teasing us with that last ROTLA wave....curse them to hell! They should ahve never shown those slides:mad:

Goonie said:
So if the Hasbro line is dead, what's the word on the Lego line? It's been selling very very well here. The local Walmart had five different sets on their shelf and within a week they were all gone.

Different company, different product, and more likely catering to a different consumer base. Probably won't be affected..at least currently.

Last edited: