what would have you liked to have seen as a collectible

indyclone25

i would have liked to see indiana jones glasses from burger king, those i would have gotten as sets at least 6 times over

so give us your ideas for items you would have liked to seen it could be anything ?

Last edited:

Goonie

Hmm, this thread must've been inspired by the BK Star Trek promo. ;)

I too would've liked to have seen a set of glasses.

As far as toys go, there's lots that I would've liked to have seen.

Was there a KOTCS story book released? I've got the story book for Star Wars. This is the one that is about the size of a magazine, has photos from the movie and the story - aimed at a younger reading level. (I'm not talking about the junior novelizations)

indyclone25

Goonie said:
Hmm, this thread must've been inspired by the BK Star Trek promo. ;)

I too would've liked to have seen a set of glasses.

As far as toys go, there's lots that I would've liked to have seen.

Was there a KOTCS story book released? I've got the story book for Star Wars. This is the one that is about the size of a magazine, has photos from the movie and the story - aimed at a younger reading level. (I'm not talking about the junior novelizations)

the storybooks were replaced by the junior novelizations by time last crusade came around , and the book companies have used that format pretty much since that time period , yeah i have the temple of doom storybook and jr novel too ,

Goonie

I picked up my Star Trek BK glasses and I was thinking, darn, to bad we didn't get a set for KOTCS. It's funny, these glasses must've been sitting in a warehouse for awhile as the copyright date on them is 2008, to coincide with the original release date of Star Trek.

Way of the dodo

Speaking of 80s storybooks, does anybody if these two books are the same thing with a different cover?

IndianaJonesLastCrusade.jpg
h5626.jpg

indyclone25 said:
i would have liked to see indiana jones glasses from burger king, those i would have gotten as sets at least 6 times over so give us your ideas for items you would have liked to seen it could be anything ?
Crystal Skull, or any of the films?

For one, an oversized Satchel that has tools to build sand castles and the like for the beach.

Last edited:

Luke Sprywalker

For me there are a few more action figures they should have made. The major stand out to me is that we didn't get Toht. He is in several scenes and should have been in the first wave of figures released. To add insult to injury they made him late after they killed their own line and released him as an exclusive Cobra Commander. I seriously have never seen so many poor decisions made on a toy line. I know it has been discussed before but this thread brings up that point again for me. I suggest everyone make their own...

DSC_0021-4.jpg

lao che & sons

I really would've wanted to see a read along book to go with my collection. But I guess those are to old-school:( . I can't really think of anything else. It really seems like every major and some smaller companys even got in in on the indy action. :)

indyclone25

yeah a read-a-long book or even the story of kotcs like they did with the three other films would have been nice ......

Lon

I agree collector glasses would have been great.

I'm also surprised there isn't an Indiana Jones Bobblehead. That seems like a simple one since every other franchise seems to have a Bobblehead.

Rhys135

An R/C Motorcycle with Sidecar with Henry Snr and Jnr figures with electronic phrases such as "Relax Dad!" and "This is intolerable!" :D

DocWhiskey

More Temple of Doom merch.

Like glowing Sankara stones or something.

It would've also been great if they had an Indiana Jones plug and play game.

Hans

DocWhiskey said:
More Temple of Doom merch.

Like glowing Sankara stones or something.

It would've also been great if they had an Indiana Jones plug and play game.

That would be awesome:cool:

Goonie

It would've been cool to see Hasbro release a 12" Sallah in dig gear and a 12" Belloq in ceremonial gear to go with the 12" ark.

NickTurner

TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK

3 3/4' scale of course. (Titanium version was cr*p)

OK, everyone knows where I'm coming from :)

Kevin

This guy:

280.jpg

Why they chose Monkey Man over him I will never know.

Glowing Sankara Stones would have been really cool too, as well as an accurate 1:1 Idol prop.

Crack that whip

I've asked this question before... ;)

As before, I'd really like a trading card set with a large number of cards in the base set (a few hundred), chronicling all Indy's adventures (or at least the TV and movie ones) in chronological order, with pix from all the episodes and movies.

That, and of course more LEGO sets, which I'm hopeful we'll actually see (I'm less optimistic about the cards).