Lego Indy OA hints and tech help

Eternalight

You have to collect all the tresures from ROTLA, preferably in Free Play and afterwards it should open up for you to play it. (y)

Niteshade007

Okay, now I've found them all, but there is no Young Indy level. I'm in the artifact room, and I can get to the Ancient City level, but not Young Indy.

Earlier I tried purchasing the pieces, would that have any effect on playing the level? Because that hardly seems fair that I would be punished. The Young Indy level didn't even show up after I purchased them, so I was kinda pissed that I did that. Is there some kind of glitch?

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
Earlier I tried purchasing the pieces, would that have any effect on playing the level? Because that hardly seems fair that I would be punished. The Young Indy level didn't even show up after I purchased them, so I was kinda pissed that I did that. Is there some kind of glitch?
We also noticed that purchasing pieces to the artifacts had no effect on the extra levels... so I don't think it's a glitch.

What MUST be a glitch... my nephew Kyle has the game on PS2 and he had 4 billion points as soon as he started his first game. His mom told me over the phone and I didn't believe them. She was all like, "Yeah billion with a BAH! BAH-illion!" I went over to his house and sure enough, they had billions of points. And to this day he still hasn't found all of the parcels so it wasn't treasure x2 or x10 or whatever... did anyone else experience this?

Niteshade007

Okay, well I went and played another level, came back, and it was there. It's a lot of fun, if not a little short.

Does anyone know what the warehouse level is like? Obviously you don't get any new characters, so I'm curious as to what it is that happens. I hope it's not like the ancient city level. That was kind of lame.

fixer79

Does anyone know what the purchasing of the artifact pieces in the relic room's about? Can you just buy the pieces you're missing or what?
I don't remember a feature like that in the Star Wars games...

Niteshade007

fixer79 said:
Does anyone know what the purchasing of the artifact pieces in the relic room's about? Can you just buy the pieces you're missing or what?
I don't remember a feature like that in the Star Wars games...

Yeah, you can buy the pieces that are missing, but apparently not for much of a purpose. They flash on and off, letting you know you haven't actually earned them, and it doesn't let you get to the secret levels. The purpose of buying them I'm not really clear on.

fixer79

Niteshade007 said:
Yeah, you can buy the pieces that are missing, but apparently not for much of a purpose. They flash on and off, letting you know you haven't actually earned them, and it doesn't let you get to the secret levels. The purpose of buying them I'm not really clear on.

I see... How odd...
Anyway, I wasn't planning on buying them. I want to find every last one of them myself. Unless it'll really really get on my nerves :p

Thanks for the answer, Shade! :)

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
Does anyone know what the warehouse level is like? Obviously you don't get any new characters, so I'm curious as to what it is that happens. I hope it's not like the ancient city level. That was kind of lame.
Yeah I'll tell you what it's like.... annoying as hell is what it is. :rolleyes:
It's the lamest level ever. It's ever more lame than the ancient city level... although I'm sort of okay with the AC level since it mirrors similar levels in the LEGO SW series.

Niteshade007

nezobiwan said:
Yeah I'll tell you what it's like.... annoying as hell is what it is. :rolleyes:
It's the lamest level ever. It's ever more lame than the ancient city level... although I'm sort of okay with the AC level since it mirrors similar levels in the LEGO SW series.

Oh, that sucks. I was hoping for something cool. Having never played the Lego Star Wars game, I didn't know that Ancient City-type of level had been set up before. I thought it really stood out against some really great levels in this game.

Do you have to destroy stuff like in Ancient City? Or is it more Young Indy-ish?

Oh, and how do I get the treasure that's behind this gate attached to a rock in the last level of Last Crusade? I can't figure it out, and it's the only one I have left on that level. Sorry for all the questions.

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
Do you have to destroy stuff like in Ancient City? Or is it more Young Indy-ish?

Oh, and how do I get the treasure that's behind this gate attached to a rock in the last level of Last Crusade? I can't figure it out, and it's the only one I have left on that level. Sorry for all the questions.
You have to build a racetrack in the Warehouse level and it's so complicated that I haven't even tried to do it yet. Maybe I'm just an ignoramus ....maybe if I actually give it a chance it'll be cool after all is said and done.

You're going to have to be specific which chapter and 'room' or section you are in for that last question...

Niteshade007

It's the last level of Last Crusade. It's the second room, the "penitant man" level, with all the buzz saws. Close to the exit there is a gate, attached to the gate there is a rope thingy and attached to the rope thingy is a rock. Behind the gate there's a treasure chest, but I can't get the gate lifted.

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
It's the last level of Last Crusade. It's the second room, the "penitant man" level, with all the buzz saws. Close to the exit there is a gate, attached to the gate there is a rope thingy and attached to the rope thingy is a rock. Behind the gate there's a treasure chest, but I can't get the gate lifted.
Ok I think I know what you're talking about...

... you have to go to the beginning of that 'room' and pick up the torch. You have to light the lamp/torch/whathaveyou that is next to the gate.
Hope that's it!

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
I knew it would be something obvious like that. Thanks nez!
Yeah the game is so irritating like that... you struggle for 20 minutes on something and then when you figure it out or someone tell you it seems ridiculously obvious. I've experienced many moments like this in the Lego Indy game.

I recommend LEGO Star Wars too if you're into that series as well... but the puzzles are MUCH harder in the Indy version, it seems. Maybe it just seems that way because I played the SW version so much that I've memorized it. :p