TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 04-21-2003, 10:16 PM   #26
ROTLA
IndyFan

Hey thanks, 00Kevin...you never know what kind of stuff will pop into your head when you're thought process is driven by lack of sleep!!
ROTLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:06 AM   #27
EvilNazi
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by vaxer
Quote:
Originally posted by Baloney T!ts
A first in the indy movies!!!

A fade in to a giant breast!!!

YEAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That might happen, but only in certain x-rated remakes of Indy movies.

sorry if this is OT but indy gives much material for x-rated remakes. you know, because of the whip
EvilNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 04:11 PM   #28
Barryson Ford
IndyFan

i liked Vornoff's idea about a pyramid,you know archeology and pyramids are a good combination n'est pas ?
Barryson Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #29
Gregoire Defence
IndyFan

But pyramids are not Paramount shapped.
Gregoire Defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 07:55 PM   #30
thegreatimposter
IndyFan

I like the idea of fading into an anthill. Did anyone read the fan fiction Sons of Darkness script? I thought it was great! Anyway, he had it open to a hill, then a camel foot smashes down, the camera PULLS BACK TO REVEAL the desert, we were looking at a sand dune! Then goes on to illustrate the scene when a Bedouin boy discovers the dead sea scrolls. Good stuff!
thegreatimposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:57 PM   #31
NileQT87
IndyFan

it should fade into...what else but paramount itself. its in salzburg, austria...you get to see it on the sound of music tour...the famous paramount mountain...its a dinky little puny part of the alps. pretty pitiful if i might say. its by no means a landmark other than a movie studio uses it as its logo.
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:27 AM   #32
Pale Horse

Another thread got me thinkin' 'bout this.

What if the "mountain" was a bunch of crates coming into focus is a large warehouse. As the camera pans back, we find an old man wheeling a large crate with burned markings out of the stack and down a large asile toward the camera. The screen fades to black and we see the film's title

Indiana Jones and the Return of the Lost Ark.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:31 AM   #33
00Kevin
Indyfan

fraid I don't like that Idea

undoes everything we saw in Raiders

don't ruin raiders by cloneing it

and let's get an origonal artifact
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:01 AM   #34
ROTLA
IndyFan

Maybe the logo fades into a pic of a volcano. Indy is trying to recover an artifact from a tribe which is performing a ritual to summon the god of the volcano, trying to make it erupt. Maybe it's an attempt to stop Indy or maybe he sees their ritual as a distraction and uses it to retrieve an artifact. However, the result of the ritual is eventually a flow of lava which Indy must now avoid. Just a thought...
ROTLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:10 AM   #35
westford
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by NileQT87-Solo_Baggins
it should fade into...what else but paramount itself. its in salzburg, austria...you get to see it on the sound of music tour...the famous paramount mountain...its a dinky little puny part of the alps. pretty pitiful if i might say. its by no means a landmark other than a movie studio uses it as its logo.

According to the Paramount website, "The Paramount logo was established in 1914 by W.W. Jodkinson, a former movie exhibitor from Utah who negotiated a deal with Adolph Zukor to distribute his "Famous Players in Famous Plays" motion pictures. On the way to a meeting in New York, Jodkinson passed a building complex bearing the name Paramount and doodled a star-crested mountain, possibly from memories of his childhood in the west, and that logo later became Paramount's trademark." Although, I'm sure I read somewhere it was based on the Matterhorn...

[Edited by westford on 07-02-2003 at 06:12 am]
westford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:25 PM   #36
RangerOfTheEast
IndyFan

Good idea....

I've just thought of a great idea. How about no fade to...?

Hang on, hear me out...

The logo appears, but instead of the fade to something else, the text just fades leaving the mountain and the surronding scene as it is. Slowly, the camera pulls back to reveal the moutain framed by.....a circular airplane window frame! Camera pulls back further to reveal we were inside a plane looking out the window at the Paramount mountain itself! As camera pulls back further, Dr Jones comes into frame on the left, sitting taking a peek out, a passanger on the old plane. The mountain begins to drift out of view. He smiles, and we do too.

STEWARDESS
Can I get you a drink?

what do you think?

[Edited by RangerOfTheEast on 10-28-2003 at 03:28 pm]
RangerOfTheEast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:45 PM   #37
westford
IndyFan

Only if we get the red line going across a map afterwards - it's tradition!
westford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 06:09 AM   #38
Ska
IndyFan

Great idea! *chills*

Ska
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 06:32 AM   #39
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Wow. Too perfect. A lot of good [expletive deleted] [stuff] is getting advanced here, daily. I hope someone rushes Skywalker Ranch and has them take note.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:24 AM   #40
Venture
IndyFan

How about this: the logo fades into a mountain in a musty old painting. Indy, having heretofore retired from treasure hunting, has his class on a field trip to a museum. His dissatisfaction is obvious, maybe as he strolls past a display case containing the Cross of Coronado. We can tell he's wistfully wanting to break free from his professorial role and don the whip and fedora once again. When he gets back to the college, a couple of Hoover's G-men are waiting, and...you fill in the blank.
Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 02:58 PM   #41
intergamer
IndyFan

I like the anthill idea: because you'd think it was a mountain until the last second. Anything tricky like that would be cool. Or it could zoom into a small part of the paramount mountain which looks like a mountain itself, then zoom out into the whole thing. I don't know if you guys follow.
intergamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:06 PM   #42
Attila the Professor

Yes, perhaps something in Indy's office...or a label on box of imported beer, or cheap wine, perhaps...I'm still into the "how times have changed" idea, so something based on that I would like.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:21 PM   #43
Indy, Jr.
IndyFan

Hello. First time poster here!

How about fading into Indy's hat? Then you could pan away to reveal all of Indy, causing the crowd to cheer I'm sure, as he walks toward his first quest. (If any of that makes sense.
Indy, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:00 AM   #44
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Walking into the theatre, Ford's age is going to be on the minds (of most?) of the audience. To dispel those questions/doubts, it would make sense for Indy IV to set a new land-speed record from fade to first punch/shot -- to dispel all those doubts and signal that we're in for a ride.

I hope the opening sequence punches the audience in the jaw, hard.

I like the musing Indy idea, but that seems a harder way to start and then transition to action.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 AM   #45
Moedred
Administrator

The Paramount logo became animated CGI in the 90's, which used to zoom in on the mountain. This decade, we drop out of the sky with stars and a big reflective 'P.' Don't watch too many times or you'll get dizzy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juGUxQ8FCv4&NR

It still ends with the mountain. I would like to see it become the Matterhorn, then we follow allied planes dropping paratroopers in Italy at the end of WWII.

Or it could become a mountain of rejected screenplays near Skywalker Ranch.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:31 AM   #46
Johnny Nys
IndyFan

In the other movies it still remains essentially a mountain, so I like the volcano idea, but it'll probably be just a mountain somewhere on the world. This intro only delivers the setting of the pre-movie - the quest he's on before the actual adventure begins, so I don't think it'll be anything important to the story. It's more for atmosphere than anything else.
Johnny Nys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #47
jtobin13
IndyFan

cemetary head for brody sounds great!!!
jtobin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #48
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Well, I don't have any cool ideas(most of them have been said) but...

Does anyone have even a slightest idea what logo they'll use? I want them to use the 80's one it can match the other 2 Indy films. Having it be the logo just doesn't seem right at this time.

Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 AM   #49
Kingsley
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerOfTheEast
I've just thought of a great idea. How about no fade to...?

Hang on, hear me out...

The logo appears, but instead of the fade to something else, the text just fades leaving the mountain and the surronding scene as it is. Slowly, the camera pulls back to reveal the moutain framed by.....a circular airplane window frame! Camera pulls back further to reveal we were inside a plane looking out the window at the Paramount mountain itself! As camera pulls back further, Dr Jones comes into frame on the left, sitting taking a peek out, a passanger on the old plane. The mountain begins to drift out of view. He smiles, and we do too.

STEWARDESS
Can I get you a drink?

what do you think?

[Edited by RangerOfTheEast on 10-28-2003 at 03:28 pm]
Yes, this is the best idea... but austria will probably not be part of the trip this time.

I like the fedora idea too, a close up in a certain angle could match the Paramount logo... and it doesn't mean it will begin with a quiet scene. It can be that Indy is in the middle of a fight and loses his hat, the first thing we see is his hand taking the fedora from the ground, and putting it back in its place, with blood in his mouth and that classic smile, looking at his enemys...
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:36 AM   #50
Zorg
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley
I like the fedora idea too, a close up in a certain angle could match the Paramount logo... and it doesn't mean it will begin with a quiet scene. It can be that Indy is in the middle of a fight and loses his hat, the first thing we see is his hand taking the fedora from the ground, and putting it back in its place, with blood in his mouth and that classic smile, looking at his enemys...

That has some potential!
Zorg is offline   Reply With Quote