Thailand is his and her land.

Well I thought I would drop in and see whats happening over here in Indy land . I am now in Thailand on a three month vacation. After 8 months working on a luxurious cruise ship that went from Alaska,Russia, to Japan,China,Singapore, Bali and then Australia,Fiji,Somoa and then Back to Hawaii the Land of Raiders. Those places were a true adventure,the Great Wall of China,wild jumping crocs of the australian outback, and the Hindu infused Bali being the highlights. I was ready to slow down and try to be in one place,so three islands in the gulf of Thailand have been my focus so far. Koh Samui,Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. Koh Tao has fabulous scuba diving,I got my scuba license in three days, I got flashes all the time of 007 suited up and sneaking in to some evildoers den.Koh Tao is a very small island full of adventure though. Plenty of Sharks,cheap bungalows,sweet girls,Tasty beeer and clear blue water with underwater villages of coral. I must say its a little hot over here for a leather Jacket but I think Im going insearch of the Sacred Jade Buddha. I saw the Jade Buddha in Bangkok and was fascinated with its story. Around 800 years ago a buddhist monk found the statue in the woods covered with vines and overgrowth,it appeared to be just another statue made from stone but as the Monk kept the statue for years he started to notice the plaster on the nose was rubbing off,he picked its nose:D ...Ha Ha. and realized the buddha was carved from pure Jade not stone. The monk gave the statue to the king as a gift which was then stolen from the king during a battle and then stolen back again from an allie of the kings. Today the Buddha is at the Kings palace,its truly a wonder to behold,it filled the temple with a heavyiness you could feel in your stomach,the Buddha eminated something that made me give respect to the Green artifact sitting high on a throne of gold,protected by the Kings Body Guards.

Well hearing about the new film has made my day,hell...its made my life,,cant wait to see it. I should be in Alaska when it premiers,getting ready to cruise to Macchu Piccu around next December and then its off to Antartica. Ill post some pictures of Thailand soon,unfortunately they did not allow me to take pictures of the Green Buddha:sick: May the whip crack loud this May.:whip:

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back, ninepine! I too have memories of "The Man With the Golden Gun," though I've tried to suppress everything but the scenery. Indeed you are now living like Connery in the Bahamas, so I'm glad you could be troubled to share your talents.

Machu Picchu may be very close to Indy's destination in the movie. Leave no stone unturned!

Good to hear from you Moedred. That Bond seen from the "Golden Gun" was filmed in Krabi on the west coast of Thailand. I will be over there in about a week to explore that region and I will for sure take some photos. Macchu Piccu has always been a destination on my list,I know it will be exciting and I will keep the Raven informed.;)

Moedred is the "Lodi" your from in California the "Lodi" CCR sings about in their famous song written by John Fahey "stuck in Lodi Again?" A mediocre 80's rock band famously named "Tesla" covered that tune and sort of revived it on an album called "Five man acoustical jam, is that the same place?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that's us. I've heard the "Green River" from the album title is out this way too. However, Fogerty had never been to Lodi and originally sang of Ohio. So he sings "Lo-die-uh."